extreme-cover_12-30-08

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nightmare jazz:

http://rachmiel.org/music/extreme_cover ... -30-08.mp3

good piece to 'set the mood' for a romantic evening. turn down lights, loop, and sexytime is guaranteed.

bravery badge to anyone who listens to the entire song. ;-)

special prize to anyone who can tell me what tune this covers.

apologies if the download speed is slow; i'm in the process of changing isps.

enjoy. :-)
Last edited by rachmiel on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Subliminal!

And that light deliah-sidestep near the end was every so lovely. My jazz knowledge is rather small, but the tune somehow did strike a familiar note. I kept thinking of 'I'm in the mood for love'

Cool hearing you again

M<

Swingin and highly trippy! Felt like I was wandering thru a neon jungle totally out of my head. :drunk:

fyi yes, the dl was slow but never stopped the track.
Image Image

I have no idea what you're covering, but I like this a lot.

Thank you.

I listened to this very loud last night and sexytime did indeed happen. Weird.
Almost reminds me of something Bob Moses would do (the "When Elephants Dream" cd, in particular)
Or at least, this is how i heard that album while on hallucinogens.
Nice.

mystahr wrote:Subliminal!

And that light deliah-sidestep near the end was every so lovely. My jazz knowledge is rather small, but the tune somehow did strike a familiar note. I kept thinking of 'I'm in the mood for love'

Cool hearing you again

M<

:-) thanks. in the mood for love is kinda sorta close ... ;-)

polyslax wrote:Swingin and highly trippy! Felt like I was wandering thru a neon jungle totally out of my head. :drunk:

fyi yes, the dl was slow but never stopped the track.

the track itself (original) is kinda sorta hallucinogenic. old school ... :-)

D.H. Miltz wrote:I have no idea what you're covering, but I like this a lot.

Thank you.

thanks! i think it would help to know the cover, but hopefully the piece works either way.

Jazzyspoon wrote:I listened to this very loud last night and sexytime did indeed happen. Weird.
Almost reminds me of something Bob Moses would do (the "When Elephants Dream" cd, in particular)
Or at least, this is how i heard that album while on hallucinogens.
Nice.

thanks herr sPoon. now i have empirical proof this tune is a turn-on. ;-)

hint: it is a miles cover of a jazz classic.

Don't know about the hint but I think I heard "How High the Moon" somewhere in there once or twice. Then again one's listened to so much music over the years that it's hard to remember what's what anymore.

Nice piece, BTW. Kinda of an Anthony Braxton/Richard Teitelbaum feel to it. :love:

rp314 wrote:Don't know about the hint but I think I heard "How High the Moon" somewhere in there once or twice. Then again one's listened to so much music over the years that it's hard to remember what's what anymore.

Nice piece, BTW. Kinda of an Anthony Braxton/Richard Teitelbaum feel to it. :love:

thanks. :-) it is interesting how different people hear different tunes in a piece as abstraakt as this. like rorshach inkblots. no, not "moon" ... ;-)

spoiler alert (about to reveal original tune)

autumn leaves

Return to “Music Cafe”