Group Buy for 2CAudio Aether Reverb - Already Started

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Would you be interested in a Group Buy option for Galbanum Aether reverb?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 170

aplats
KVRist
352 posts since 15 Jan, 2009 from a skyrocket in flight...

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Update:

It looks like people are still answering the poll question. A group buy has already been initiated. Details are located at the following thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Andrew from Galbanum/2CAudio said he would consider a group buy for their Aether reverb--if enough people are interested. I thought I would throw up a poll to see if it would be worth him looking into.

Product Link:

http://www.galbanum.com/products/aether/

Other Thread Link:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=45

Thanks,
A.P.
Last edited by aplats on Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teksonik
KVRAF
13049 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:35 pm

I voted yes but it would depend on the final price point.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

aplats
KVRist

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Galbanum wrote:We may consider it if enough people are interested. Does anyone want to manage such an effort? Usually these sort of things are mediated by third party--like a host/DAW user group, right? Does KVR itself offer this service? I'm not sure. I have asked them.
Anyone have an idea on this?

Andrew Souter
KVRAF
2609 posts since 12 Sep, 2008

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

It's 2CAudio Aether, just to be clear.

Galbanum is owned by me, Andrew Souter, and develops Content Libraries, and Sound Design tools.

2CAudio is jointly owned by Denis Malygin, and Andrew Souter and develops software and plugins.

We call them "sister companies" b/c I am deeply involved in both and we share some of the same resources...

...and there will be little more blurring of this distinction in future products. ;-)

aplats
KVRist

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Galbanum wrote:It's 2CAudio Aether, just to be clear.

Galbanum is owned by me, Andrew Souter, and develops Content Libraries, and Sound Design tools.

2CAudio is jointly owned by Denis Malygin, and Andrew Souter and develops software and plugins.

We call them "sister companies" b/c I am deeply involved in both and we share some of the same resources...

...and there will be little more blurring of this distinction in future products. ;-)
My bad. I fixed the title to reflect the proper name.

aplats
KVRist

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Also, I'm curious what people's expectations are for pricing? I have nothing to do with the pricing, that's totally up to Andrew. Let's see what you guys think is realistic.

ATS
KVRAF
6523 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:19 pm

aplats wrote:Also, I'm curious what people's expectations are for pricing? I have nothing to do with the pricing, that's totally up to Andrew. Let's see what you guys think is realistic.
60% off
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

fceramic
KVRian
1310 posts since 1 Jun, 2008

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

I think the current price is way too expensive as it is. Especially when you can get the excellent competitors for less. So I think 60 % would be pretty helpful for those of us that already have the reverbs we need, but would be interested in the sound of Aether anyways.

emtear
KVRist
202 posts since 9 May, 2005

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:02 pm

the question is 60% of what price.

it is 249.99 right now, but will become 349.99 at some point.

249.95 - 149.95 = 100.00
349.95 - 209.95 = 140.00

how many people would have to be in the group buy to reach this %.

200+?

aplats
KVRist

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Bump.

Sequent
KVRAF
2755 posts since 14 Feb, 2001 from What do you care? :)

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 pm

I voted yes.

If special pricing for this were to become available, like say through a group buy, I think $140 would be an attractive price. $100 would make it even moreso.

At regular pricing, for $249 I'm interested but not necessarily in a rush to get it. At $349 I'm in even less of a rush. More than that and I'm tempted to say forget it, I have other things on my radar first.

Really, it depends on what people are looking for and what people already have to work with, as well as on what other companies are offering towards a similar vein. In my case, I already have a multitude of reverb choices - both software as well as hardware. A couple of them are fairly decent, a couple I am very pleased with and they are my workhorses, and the rest were more or less a waste of money. So in my case I'm in a position where I'm interested in something new, while at the same time I can take it or leave it. I guess in a roundabout way I'm basically saying the same thing that fridtjof said.

I guess I'm going to have to grab the demos of this and re-evaluate and I'll definitely be following this thread to see how this develops.
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.

rexlapin
KVRian
528 posts since 2 Jan, 2007

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi all,
I picked up Aether when it was first announced for $149. I think this is a
fair price for what it's capabilities are even though there are excellent reverbs
which cost less (and also more to be fair). I think a group buy which undercut
this price would be unfair to those of us who were early adoptees and helped
with the development, but I would feel OK with it being $149 ( approx. 60%
off the current $249 price) in order to support it's continued development.
Cheers,
Scott

aplats
KVRist

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 am

Hey Scott,

I think you meant $149 is approx. 60% of $249. $149 would be a 40% discount - $100 would be 60%.

Selfik
KVRian
815 posts since 27 Dec, 2005

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 am

$50 would be good price for a groupy...it's overpriced plug (my opinion)

ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF
5990 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:34 am

IMO between $100 - $140 would be very fair. I don't believe it is overpriced, the quality of the demo is pretty stunning, and the level of control over the sound is brilliant. 60% off group buy has my interest!

Peace,
Andy.

Return to “Effects”