groove quotient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

here are a few tracks from groove quotient, a groove-centric (kinda sorta) album i've been working on for a while (should be done in a month or so):

palindromedary - unfolding of a musical palindrome
hyperbeats - d'n'b(ish) apocalypso
monolith - soundtrack in search of a john carpenter movie ...

enjoy! :-)

I'd just like to bump this for you and say great work. I'm really loving Monolith!

justin3am wrote:I'd just like to bump this for you and say great work. I'm really loving Monolith!
thanks bumper! :-)

Nice colllection of tracks Rachmiel. Really enjoyed monolith.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:Nice colllection of tracks Rachmiel. Really enjoyed monolith.
thanks, core. :-)

Me too enjoyed monolith very much, have to listen to the other ones yet...

My cat started to search the laptop and the place directly behind it after the first minute of monolith, she was mightily curious. I think that's always a good sign :)

Klemperer wrote:Me too enjoyed monolith very much, have to listen to the other ones yet...

My cat started to search the laptop and the place directly behind it after the first minute of monolith, she was mightily curious. I think that's always a good sign :)

it's the old 'cat test' eh? ;-) i know it well.

good to hear from you alter freund. was machst'd? :-)

A cool bunch of mental grooving stuff !
These tracks are very welcome. Each one has a different vibe although the first 2 are both based on rhythm use and abuse and I can't say I prefer one over the other.
Maybe hyperbeats is more easily enjoyable at first listen, but I like organic features of palindromedary as well, and it's much similar to my aesthetic taste. (if such thing exhists :roll: )
The slow evolving, deep atmosphere of 'Monolith' is classy, dark, soundtrackish food for the hunger.
Thanks !
:tu:

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote:A cool bunch of mental grooving stuff !
These tracks are very welcome. Each one has a different vibe although the first 2 are both based on rhythm use and abuse and I can't say I prefer one over the other.
Maybe hyperbeats is more easily enjoyable at first listen, but I like organic features of palindromedary as well, and it's much similar to my aesthetic taste. (if such thing exhists :roll: )
The slow evolving, deep atmosphere of 'Monolith' is classy, dark, soundtrackish food for the hunger.
Thanks !
:tu:

Cheers
thanks very much for listening and commenting, laguna! :-) always a pleasure to hear from you.

rachmiel wrote:
good to hear from you alter freund. was machst'd? :-)
....I sent you a pm instead of flooding your song thread with personal stuff :). Otherwise this is a next bump - for me too, as I am a bit busy right now and want to listen to the other 2 songs soon :)

Good work all around. I'm looking forward to the whole series. Palindromedary is definitely my fav of the 3, but they are all very skilled and artistically twisted romps.

Jazzyspoon wrote:Good work all around. I'm looking forward to the whole series. Palindromedary is definitely my fav of the 3, but they are all very skilled and artistically twisted romps.
thanks jSpoon! :-) didja ever see the tv show for kiddies, Romper Room? (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before your time.)

i saw romper room; they must have run it in the '70s.

these tracks would make for one disturbing episode for sure. sort of like when they used to have those freaked out gene deitch episodes of tom and jerry.

you know, these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJFmq_y4FM

Return to “Music Cafe”