Summer Namm????

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 pm

jfc......me and my "namm" posts :dog:
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 pm

See, nobody knows, nobody cares :lol: That's why I thought they canceled having namm in the summer. :shrug:

I would have thought, that as big a flop it was in austin and indy (before they stopped going to nashville) and the economic climate that nobody would want to go.

I'll be cynical and predict there will be allot of import/low cost guitars and such.....and at the total 180 spectrum, some really really overpriced "not a chance in hell" to own "boutique" stuff :roll:

koolkeys
KVRAF
16067 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Summer NAMM typically isn't a pro audio show. It's about instruments, sheet music, etc. There are usually a couple of companies there which also have pro audio stuff(like Steinberg), but it's not the same as with Winter NAMM.

That doesn't mean it's not a big event. It just isn't the same as the Winter version. I wish it was though. I would be going every year since it's here in town. But it's not.

Brent
My host is better than your host

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm

It used to always be in nashville. Then they did this indy/austin thing which turned into austin, which I thought had turned into canceled (attendance was supposedly at an all time low last year) Now, it's back in nashville.........

Anyways, it's this week.....I'd love to see steiny come up with a cubase update, but that is wishful thinking! They mentioned the grand 3 coming in august......not a piano player here :shrug:

tranel
KVRian
926 posts since 15 Mar, 2004 from Tokyo, Japan

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:50 am

koolkeys wrote:Summer NAMM typically isn't a pro audio show. It's about instruments.
Sorry Brent, I couldn't help spotting this. Lovely. :D
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

koolkeys
KVRAF
16067 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:00 am

tranel wrote:
koolkeys wrote:Summer NAMM typically isn't a pro audio show. It's about instruments.
Sorry Brent, I couldn't help spotting this. Lovely. :D
Hehe, I see the irony. :lol: But I think you probably know what I'm trying to say. It's generally for things like musical instrument makers, violins, pianos, sheet music, etc.

I wish the OTHER NAMM was here in Nashville, and this crappy one in Anaheim! It would make trips to Winter NAMM much cheaper!

Brent
My host is better than your host

bluedad
something special
8451 posts since 16 Mar, 2002 from Birmingham, Alabama

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 am

I went to summer NAMM the last time it was in Nashville and met Squids.
Certainly it's not as glamorous as being in LA, but there's always some interesting stuff.
First time I'd ever seen anyone play one of those Chapman sticks and was just blown away!

mumpcake
KVRian
802 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:01 am

hibidy wrote:It used to always be in nashville. Then they did this indy/austin thing which turned into austin, which I thought had turned into canceled (attendance was supposedly at an all time low last year)
Late July in Texas? Who wouldn't want to go?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

thelizard
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:21 am

bluedad wrote:I went to summer NAMM the last time it was in Nashville and met Squids.
Certainly it's not as glamorous as being in LA, but there's always some interesting stuff.
First time I'd ever seen anyone play one of those Chapman sticks and was just blown away!
My psychology professor (at Vanderbilt) has this thing where if anyone gets a 100% on his tests, he has to play Chapman Stick in front of the class. He had this ridiculous set-up, where the bass side was sent through a MIDI pick-up, and he was playing drum-accompaniment to his treble-side solo. I talked to him after class, and he said I was the first student to even know what a MIDI pick-up was.

That is why I love Nashville.

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm

I you blinked, you missed it :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”