Now hiring a rockstar (!) Plugin Developer - Full Time Position with a Touring Musician

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.
visonco
KVRer
1 posts since 20 Aug, 2009

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:54 am

Professional music group is seeking a software engineer with a deep passion for music to join them in the studio (and on the road) developing custom plug-in software. The right candidate will be a highly motivated self starter, excellent problem solver and be able to work extended and irregular hours when in the studio (and on the road).

• 3-5 years of professional experience writing plug-ins for Steinberg
Cubase, Digidesign Pro Tools, and other music creation software
including Propellerhead Reason/Record.
• Design and implementation experience making software accessible for
people with disabilities a major plus;
• Experience with Final Cut a plus but not required.
• Familiarity with Max OS X, and plugin programming required
• Familiarity with C++ and/or Objective C a major plus
• Computer Science or Equivalent degree from a top university
• The candidate should provide at least three professional references.

Final employment will be dependent on the candidate passing a background check. This is a full time, salaried position with a Marketplace competitive compensation package, compensation is dependent on experience.

Interested candidates should email a resume/CV and cover letter to: music.software.engineer (aat) gmail (dott) com. No faxes, phone calls or recruiters please.

[mod edit: obfuscated email address slightly to avoid poster getting on spam lists]

xybre
KVRAF
1755 posts since 19 May, 2006 from Nomadic (Chicago and San Francisco mostly)

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 am

Is this for real? :?
A "music group" that can provide a full compensation package, and who apparently has some really cliche/sterile HR people? Plus, nothing like working extended/irregular hours while salaried. I should know, I'm a developer myself, and I've done it - it sucks.

Forgive my skepticism. :shrug:
If anyone finds out who this is, or the reality of it, I'd be curious. This is new to me.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro
gearlust: Wadorf Blofeld, Dave Smith MoPho, Roland JP-8000, Access Virus A, Korg Radias
machinecode by: u-he, Tone2, Stillwell, de la Mancha, Ugo, Camel, Togu, et al

mcnoone
KVRAF
5992 posts since 9 Oct, 2007 from an inharmonious society

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:25 am

Good luck in finding someone to fit those requirements.
If someone does fit those requirements, they would already have a great job.
Without a "rock star" to annoy them.

eduardo_b
KVRAF
11857 posts since 23 Nov, 2004 from west of east

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 am

One post. Hmm.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

plastique
KVRAF
3948 posts since 8 Sep, 2003 from germany

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:49 am

Sending confidential data to some anonymous gmail address ?
If this doesn't smell like some absurd form of data mining I don't know what does.

bmanic
KVRAF
8337 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 am

:shrug:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Urs
u-he
23477 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:09 am

visonco wrote:writing plug-ins for [...] Propellerhead Reason/Record
Do your homework first :dog:
Computer Science or Equivalent degree from a top university
That rules out many of the best persons for the job :shrug:

BERFAB
KVRAF
6057 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 am

Man, could you guys be more negative?

Obviously, the job is not a job, but a career. Chris Rock did a nice bit on the difference. But there are plenty of great gigs that require that you put in a lot of extra effort. Most professionals do. I have yet to meet a doctor/lawyer/executive that works a 'regular' 35-40 hour work week despite only being paid a straight salary.

And the "only one post" wouldn't bother me either. If I had a professional contact that was looking for someone with this skill set, KVR would be on my short list of places to ask. You guys should be flattered, not miffed.

If it is, somehow, a scam, I don't see it. Data miners wouldn't be THAT exclusive. And if you get to the interview stage and the situation isn't right, don't take the job. At least that's how it works out here in the real world.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

eduardo_b
KVRAF
11857 posts since 23 Nov, 2004 from west of east

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 am

BERFAB wrote:Man, could you guys be more negative?
Too easy, Pick something more challenging. :hihi:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

plastique
KVRAF
3948 posts since 8 Sep, 2003 from germany

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:20 am

BERFAB wrote:Man, could you guys be more negative?

Obviously, the job is not a job, but a career. Chris Rock did a nice bit on the difference. But there are plenty of great gigs that require that you put in a lot of extra effort. Most professionals do. I have yet to meet a doctor/lawyer/executive that works a 'regular' 35-40 hour work week despite only being paid a straight salary.

And the "only one post" wouldn't bother me either. If I had a professional contact that was looking for someone with this skill set, KVR would be on my short list of places to ask. You guys should be flattered, not miffed.

If it is, somehow, a scam, I don't see it. Data miners wouldn't be THAT exclusive. And if you get to the interview stage and the situation isn't right, don't take the job. At least that's how it works out here in the real world.

Cheers
-B
So you would trust someone asking for a business contract plus private informations who gives you an anonymous email address as the only personal information ? Well, good luck to you then.

LBN
KVRAF
2274 posts since 8 Apr, 2003 from Austin

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:21 am

Touring plug-in development?

Bastiaan from Tone2.com
KVRist
286 posts since 30 Apr, 2005 from Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 am

visonco wrote: No faxes, phone calls or recruiters please.
Doesn't the lack of a phone or fax number in the message, kind of render that remark useless? Nice touch though ;)

amiga909
KVRAF
1501 posts since 29 Apr, 2004

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 am

strange?
BERFAB wrote: If it is, somehow, a scam, I don't see it. Data miners wouldn't be THAT exclusive.
true but who needs a touring plugin developer?

fix bugs on stage? have a indy-tech guy on board just for fun?

- a crude data miner?
- a plan to steal source code ("nice references, but we need to see the inner workings"..)?
- something else?

Rock Hardbuns
KVRAF
1718 posts since 3 Sep, 2003

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 am

Has to be a scam of some kind.

Only propheads can write reason plugins if I am not mistaken. And what's the situation with protools now a days?

And accessibility for the disabled?

BUT, familiarity with C++ and objective C is just a major plus, not an absolute requirement?

A real ad would probably be structured the other way:
* Has to know C++ like your own arse. 3 years pro work minimum.
* Has to know audio DSP.
* The more frameworks and apps you've worked with the better. VST and Digidesign are the minimum.
* Familiarity with audio/video editing apps is a plus.

brambos
KVRian
1338 posts since 26 Aug, 2005 from Netherlands

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

visonco wrote:Professional music group is seeking a software engineer with a deep passion for music to join them in the studio (and on the road) developing custom plug-in software. The right candidate will be a highly motivated self starter, excellent problem solver and be able to work extended and irregular hours when in the studio (and on the road).
Are you Nickelback?

:?:

Return to “DSP and Plug-in Development”