Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Vleker
KVRist
61 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 am

Digivolt wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 am
After seeing quite a few members listing sales for the same stuff as was in the reverb deals for double/triple the price, I'm done posting deals here, not going to waste my time so others can profit off the community so brazenly
Saw that as well, kinda sad but thats how it works. Im grateful for those posting deals here but its also a way for some to make some easy cash sadly.

Digivolt
KVRian
532 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:59 am

PsYAuM wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 am
Yes i have unused license keys advertised myself but they was only free products from purchases and they have no price attached only a request to make an offer
" you might just be surprised how low i will go "
I don't take issue with that man, it's buying those reverb deals then instantly flipping on KVR market for profit, I mean I could understand if somebody bought the license on impulse, then decided after a few days/hours research it's not for them and stuck it up for a reasonable price to get their money back, but some of these guys are buying the licenses and instantly sticking them up here for 2x/3x what they paid. At least be smart and wait a week or 2 to make it less obvious you want to f**k your fellow community musicians over :evil:

I just won't waste my time posting these broken deals if people are making money off them, other normal deals I find I'll still post

0degree
KVRist
327 posts since 29 Jan, 2017

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 am

PsYAuM wrote:
Digivolt wrote:
After seeing quite a few members listing sales for the same stuff as was in the reverb deals for double/triple the price, I'm done posting deals here, not going to waste my time so others can profit off the community so brazenly
I actually bought and registered Filterfreak so would appreciate it if you would pm me anything else that you become aware of.
I have no intention to do such a thing because i am of agreement that it's morally wrong to do so.
Yes i have unused license keys advertised myself but they was only free products from purchases and they have no price attached only a request to make an offer
Yeah, please add me on the list :ud:
Not planning to purchase and then sell for profit, got different things to do

Uncle E
KVRAF
10990 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 am

Vortifex wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 am
The list of qualifying products for IK's group buy on JRRshop doesn't include some things that are listed as qualifying on IK's own website. Does that mean if I buy through JRR those products won't be available to me as part of the deal, or is there another reason they're not listed?
They will still qualify. I will update our site.

Blue Phase Music
KVRAF
7592 posts since 24 May, 2009 from Nationalism isn't my thing...

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 am

0degree wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 am
PsYAuM wrote:
Digivolt wrote:
I actually bought and registered Filterfreak so would appreciate it if you would pm me anything else that you become aware of.
I have no intention to do such a thing because i am of agreement that it's morally wrong to do so.
Yeah, please add me on the list :ud:
Not planning to purchase and then sell for profit, got different things to do
Let's be honest, Digivolt probably isn't going to create a list of people to PM with these excellent deals. What I'd like to know is if you're emailed these deals or if you simply keep a close eye on Reverb's site. I truly do appreciate being informed of the deep discounts and if anyone has ever seen my sales here in Sell and Buy, you'll see I'm not out for profit. ;)
Some stuff and things!

Digivolt
KVRian
532 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 am

Blue Phase Music wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 am
Let's be honest, Digivolt probably isn't going to create a list of people to PM with these excellent deals. What I'd like to know is if you're emailed these deals or if you simply keep a close eye on Reverb's site. I truly do appreciate being informed of the deep discounts and if anyone has ever seen my sales here in Sell and Buy, you'll see I'm not out for profit. ;)
It's just keeping a close eye on the deals page and using F5 to refresh it, would be great if they mailed you them though :hihi:

[Mod edit: Quote of and response to a deleted post removed.]

quietzone
KVRist
91 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:39 am

I myself have been posting Reverb deals here since I discovered the price drops a week ago.

How I see this is:

+ You have no time to think about a deal, if you think it over 30 seconds, it's gone. This means you end up buying things you don't really need because you had no time to do your due diligence.

+ Because the deals are so cheap, you end up with bundles that include other plugins you bought elsewhere or on Reverb itself. So more stuff you have that you don't need as you now have 2 copies.

+ Time to sell what you don't need. How do you price it?
IMO, as long as the people reselling (myself temporarily included - been a creative rut/gear provisioning week for me and now I have some stuff to sell) resell it at a fair value (relative to recent sale prices at regular retailers/resellers) such that the buyer saves some extra money by buying from you, then it's a win-win for the buyer and the seller because one saves money, the other makes a few extra $ to make up for the time searching for deals (that the buyer spent doing things they enjoy rather than looking out for deals).

+ Of course, if the buyer is your friend, then charge what you paid for it or gift it to them for once :lol: Otherwise a healthy 1.5x to 2x what you paid for it so long as it's a fair price relative to the current market and the buyer is getting a deal is ok in my book. It's important also to not assume that because you saw something for say $19 at Reverb, everyone paid $19 at Reverb for that that day. I've seen stuff drop from $149 to $99 to $49 to $29 within 2 hours.

+ Who this is damaging though is shops like JRRshop from Uncle E. Reverb most likely can offer these deals because it's a marketing cost for luring you into their marketplace and getting you to spread the word luring even more people in. IMO, they think they'll make up for it in other more normal-priced price drops and in transaction fees and commissions from you using their platform. This is sustainable (and this is a wild guess as I don't have any affiliation to Reverb) by burning VC cash and selling these at a loss for marketing purposes, or as a long term strategy if they plan it out good - but as more people inevitably start hogging the deals, I cannot see how it stays sustainable as a marketing tool without VC cash pumping in. If it is indeed VC cash, then it makes it hard for smaller shops to compete which will damage not only the small shops, but also us buyers, when the scarce Reverb deals dry up, and the deals everywhere else dry up too because the small shop have less bargaining power due to lower sale volumes.

I'm personally slowing down with Reverb and will only post the occasional find not because of the people flipping stuff (to me like I say, if it's a win-win for both parties it's ok to me) but because these deals are very destructive to other shops I love that bring us consistent good deals (like JRRshop - where I've spent about $600 this summer alone and I'm very happy post-Reverb of having spent that there).

In my case my stuff I'm selling here on KVR bought from different shops is a sort of plugin limbo where plugins I've bought but not yet registered and needs have changed since are being priced fairly (or so I think) in the 1x to under or 2x what I paid range. If they sell, win-win for the buyer and me. If they don't, I'm happy to keep them for myself. It's the price I'm happy passing the deal on at, factoring in a fraction of the time spent to find it and dealing with the selling and that I don't know who I'm selling to (not buying for flipping but more of a "no time to reasearch deal, will flip fairly if I discover later I don't really need it" attitude).

Just my thoughts. I think my philosophy is influenced by open source software, where we contribute code that other companies later resell without contributing back. But we still believe it's a win-win for everyone and keep creating open source software, because of all the students, startups, etc. people it benefits as well.

Enough with the wall of text! :lol: Off to get the PSP L'otary2 + B-Scanner bundle deal at JRRshop and will pick up some stuff at Plugin Boutique later today too (for the Iris 2 :D )

Fleer
KVRAF
4397 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:42 am

Well said, quietzone :tu:
And that B-Scanner is a scorcher.

Vortifex
KVRian
1381 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 am

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 am
Vortifex wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 am
The list of qualifying products for IK's group buy on JRRshop doesn't include some things that are listed as qualifying on IK's own website. Does that mean if I buy through JRR those products won't be available to me as part of the deal, or is there another reason they're not listed?
They will still qualify. I will update our site.
Nice one! It was missing the tapes but I see you've added them now.

A general question about the group buy: the offer is that you get extra products that are equal to or below the price of the one you pay for. If you pay less from another vendor than you would from IK Multimedia directly, do they go by the price you paid or by their own prices? EG you buy plugin X for $100 from JRR but IK sell it for $120, could you choose a plugin from IK that they sell for $110? This is assuming you have to get the free ones direct from IK.
Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

DjRubble
KVRist
48 posts since 1 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 am

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 pm
adl wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 pm
Sounds interesting! Gone have to check out Ozone and that feature during the next days.
Just a quick question though: you have any idea why I can't buy the "Ozone advanced upgrade from elements" from your shop when I live in Germany? Am getting a message that it's not available in my country or something. When I change my location temporarily to Austria for example I can buy it without any problems. Guess I have to move, in order to make this transaction. :hihi:
Please PM me your JRR email and I'll fix it.
Same issue for me on the amplitude fender collection 2 (resident in uk) saying unavailable in my country </3 please help :D xx

Scotty
KVRAF
1866 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 am

I have no issues with the flippers as long as they offer fair pricing relative to the current market and deliver what they are selling. There is a difference between making a reasonable return and predatory pricing. Keep the deals rolling.
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.

ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1563 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 am

To pick up on a few posts here re the Reverb thing - I don't know if this is since their buyout by Etsy but I guess these are just loss leaders.

I'm not so convinced it will harm JRR Shop - these deals are so random and fleeting I would imagine most people miss them anyway.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3741 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:16 am

What is red, living in the woods, but is not a fox?
It is a fox, after all.

Fleer
KVRAF
4397 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 am
To pick up on a few posts here re the Reverb thing - I don't know if this is since their buyout by Etsy but I guess these are just loss leaders.

I'm not so convinced it will harm JRR Shop - these deals are so random and fleeting I would imagine most people miss them anyway.
Indeed. JRR Shop and others are steady operations with full support. Reverb won't bite into that. Heck, I just got refunded for my Image-Line Morphine order with no appropriate reason whatsoever.

mgw38
KVRAF
1908 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 am

Fleer wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:17 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 am

Indeed. JRR Shop and others are steady operations with full support. Reverb won't bite into that. Heck, I just got refunded for my Image-Line Morphine order with no appropriate reason whatsoever.
I picked up two things so far and I honestly only picked them up because they were so ridiculously cheap. Would not have bought them otherwise. I doubt this is having any effect on the other retailers.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”