Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fabfilter stuff is pretty CPU efficient so I highly doubt they're cutting any corners for the iOS versions.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 am Fabfilter stuff is pretty CPU efficient so I highly doubt they're cutting any corners for the iOS versions.
One of the comments seems to mention latency issues with Garageband for the limiter... any idea if the limiter iOS app can be used (effectively) for live performance?

cclarry wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:59 pm
BingBang wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 pm Steinberg has a huge sale on from August 15 to September 5, 2019.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/ ... _sale.html

Halion 6 is 50% off.
Groove agent 5 is 30% off.
Retrologue 2 is 50% off
padshop pro is 50% off
the grand is 50% off
vertigo strings is 30% off
marimba is 30% off
Hammered Dulcimer is 30% off
iconica sections and players is 30% off
Rast-a is 10% off

I got Halion 6 at the end of last year for 60% off during black Friday. It's worth the $$. If you have Halion some of the other plugs are probably redundant.
Upgrade to Padshop Pro from Padshop is $5 and
upgrade to Padshop Pro with Zero Gravity is $17.50 also
Which Padshop version comes with Cubase 10 Pro?

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pekadan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:07 am
cclarry wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:59 pm
BingBang wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 pm Steinberg has a huge sale on from August 15 to September 5, 2019.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/ ... _sale.html

Halion 6 is 50% off.
Groove agent 5 is 30% off.
Retrologue 2 is 50% off
padshop pro is 50% off
the grand is 50% off
vertigo strings is 30% off
marimba is 30% off
Hammered Dulcimer is 30% off
iconica sections and players is 30% off
Rast-a is 10% off

I got Halion 6 at the end of last year for 60% off during black Friday. It's worth the $$. If you have Halion some of the other plugs are probably redundant.
Upgrade to Padshop Pro from Padshop is $5 and
upgrade to Padshop Pro with Zero Gravity is $17.50 also
Padshop Standard comes with Cubase Pro...the upgrade to Pro is $5,
normally $9.99, or get the upgrade and the Zero Gravity Expansion
for $17.50, normally $35
"Not only do we make the music...the music makes us"

The standard Padshop, so, even with Cubase Pro 10 you could want to upgrade to Padshop Pro.
The only difference between the 2 version AFAIK is that the pro version can load user samples

Project wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:13 am
The standard Padshop, so, even with Cubase Pro 10 you could want to upgrade to Padshop Pro.
The only difference between the 2 version AFAIK is that the pro version can load user samples
Is it worth the upgrade for $5? I don't really use samples so I'm not sure if it would be useful for me :help:

Speaking of the Steinberg sale, does anyone know if third parties have picked this up yet? I remember that during the big Cubase sale earlier this year, it was possible to get Cubase for even less than the 50% off that Steinberg was offering direct.

[/quote]

The standard Padshop
[/quote]

Is it worth the upgrade for $5? I don't really use samples so I'm not sure if it would be useful for me :help:
[/quote]

It definitely is worth the $5. I paid for the full upgrade plus expansion. I have no regrets. Padshop is a granular synthesizer. How it plays back samples is a bit different from say, Ableton’s Simpler or Maschine. It divides a sample into tiny grains, and then you can control the speed, pitch, amount of grains played back, etc. I really like to do it with simple sounds like a cymbal, or a guitar, or bowed violin string, but you can get lost for hours mangling just about any sound you like. Pro has better onboard reverb, and drag n’ drop sample capability, and the additional expansion has some nice MPE presets, if you own a Seaboard.

W23 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm
The standard Padshop
[/quote]

[/quote]

It definitely is worth the $5. I paid for the full upgrade plus expansion. I have no regrets. Padshop is a granular synthesizer. How it plays back samples is a bit different from say, Ableton’s Simpler or Maschine. It divides a sample into tiny grains, and then you can control the speed, pitch, amount of grains played back, etc. I really like to do it with simple sounds like a cymbal, or a guitar, or bowed violin string, but you can get lost for hours mangling just about any sound you like. Pro has better onboard reverb, and drag n’ drop sample capability, and the additional expansion has some nice MPE presets, if you own a Seaboard.
[/quote]

Thanks! I might pick it up then, sounds interesting! I'll get a Seaboard in the future for sure (sometime xd) so it this is compatible its even better!

quietzone wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 am
sOktay wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:56 am Speaking of Padshop Pro, get a Nektar controller and get Pandshop Pro for free:

https://nektartech.com/free-padshop-pro ... er-bundle/
Thanks so much for posting this!! Time to register my Impact GX61 :tu:
Happy it was useful! I got a SE25 a little before this promotion started, but they gave me a license anyway. And their support is AWESOME -- they fixed my LX61 for free even though it was clearly my fault and I told them.

Vleker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50 am Does anyone have any idea when will the next Soundtoys sale happen? I guess it might be only at BF now?

I am mainly waiting for a flash sale on Little Plate. :arrow:
Isn't there a sale atm? Or is it educational only?
Yeah, it's only the educational bundle sale.
Fleer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 pm Maybe Soundtoys 6 is near ...
Long time coming actually. I wonder when will it actually drop?! Also, everything released so far is in the V5, so for V6, do you think there will be some new plugins? I am not aware of the Soundtoys bundle philosophy, so pardon my ignorance.

I'm considering this Mutant Delay (Intro price of $12 till Sept), Any thoughts?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 593-Mutant

Also, does Groove Agent ever go lower than 30% off?
Have you tried Vital?

Vleker wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:30 am
Project wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:13 am
I personally don't think its worth it unless you are already using and love Padshop. I find it clunky to work with and although I have it, I would much rather save the $5 over purchasing again as it collects digital dust for me

Mileage will vary.

SoundToys version 5 came with three new plugins like Primal Tap, so who knows ...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”