Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
126 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 am

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 am
Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1161 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 am
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 am
Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)

abhor
KVRist
64 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:26 pm

For some reason the "crazy80" coupon for nembrini products works on more than one order per account. Can buy all their products individually for 80% off. That's crazy kids. I think it's done tomorrow so go at it!

WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
126 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm

dzilizzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 am
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 am
Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
I was on 2 packs a day in the UK at £10 a pack. Nearly half my disposable income. And I was a smoker for 35 years. Basically smoked the cost of a small house.

I would ask publishers to lighten up on the appeals to addictive personalities, but I guess they're more likely to double down on it.

Ryan99
KVRian
680 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:20 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 am
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 am
Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
I was on 2 packs a day in the UK at £10 a pack. Nearly half my disposable income. And I was a smoker for 35 years. Basically smoked the cost of a small house.

I would ask publishers to lighten up on the appeals to addictive personalities, but I guess they're more likely to double down on it.
I will send your profile to some developers, so they can start releasing weekly stuff you won’t resist to buy :D

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRist
167 posts since 8 Sep, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am

ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.
At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.

escalona
KVRian
525 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am

Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am
ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:

User avatar
mladi
KVRian
592 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:30 am

escalona wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am
Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am
ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:
Either Calenberger forgot the :lol: or is simply unaware.
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|ADAM Audio Artist 5|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRist
167 posts since 8 Sep, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am

mladi wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:30 am
escalona wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am
Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am
ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:
Either Calenberger forgot the :lol: or is simply unaware.
Slightly incorrect:
I forgot
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.
At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.

User avatar
jacqueslacouth
KVRian
1074 posts since 18 Nov, 2004 from The Liberated People's Republic of Straya

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:58 am

dzilizzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
When we talk about the "Australia Tax" (excessive taxation for the right to exist in Australia), there is no greater example than cigarettes. We are now, as a nation, charged anywhere from $40 to $50 a packet, virtually all tax. I long since gave up, and I have no idea how anybody can still afford to do it.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2460 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:33 am

Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am
mladi wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:30 am
escalona wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am
Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am
ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:
Either Calenberger forgot the :lol: or is simply unaware.
Slightly incorrect:
I forgot
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just you wait, I'm buying 10 and then reselling them in the marketplace after the sale is over. :evil: :borg: :party:
A well-behaved signature.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1161 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm
dzilizzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:25 am
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 am
Insanelysane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 am
Im hoping to retire from the buying hobby after black friday and xmas sales but there's a voice in me that just bursts into sad laughs when I try to say it with conviction :clown:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cry:
This. I bought my first expensive VST suite with money I'd saved from giving up smoking last year.
Now the daily trawl of KVR/subreddits for 'bargains' has replaced one addiction with another.
At least I can be fairly sure soft synths aren't going to kill me.

Although the "HURRY! BUY NOW! AN ARTIFICIAL SALES DEADLINE WE OURSELVES PUT IN PLACE IS APPROACHING FAST!" deals notices aren't good for my blood pressure.
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
I was on 2 packs a day in the UK at £10 a pack. Nearly half my disposable income. And I was a smoker for 35 years. Basically smoked the cost of a small house.

I would ask publishers to lighten up on the appeals to addictive personalities, but I guess they're more likely to double down on it.
I don't smoke, but my addiction tends to be shopping. It can get expensive. I "buy" a lot of free e-books at Amazon if the craving gets bad. I don't actually have to spend money thank goodness. Free instruments and effects work too. But it can be hard to resist a good deal. Fortunately, I can afford what I do spend now. I did get in trouble when I was younger and it took a long time to pay it all off. It definitely taught me a lesson though.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1161 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 am

escalona wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am
Calenberger wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am
ThEQorange from MAAT, the best EQ ever finally on sale with 70% off.
Don't miss this bargain.
https://www.maat.digital/steinberg2019
Still the biggest lol in the plugin universe. 8) :lol:
You know, if this were $50, I might actually buy it for the pretty colors. But almost $300 at 60% off for an EQ? And I'm guessing it wouldn't work with my Reason dongle?

But truthfully, I would go off on them just for using a non-normal dongle. Because the 4 I have already aren't enough????

fairlyclose
KVRist
77 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 am

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:58 am
dzilizzi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Depending on where you live, you have a lot of money for instruments and effects. It's like $10 a pack in NY. :)
When we talk about the "Australia Tax" (excessive taxation for the right to exist in Australia), there is no greater example than cigarettes. We are now, as a nation, charged anywhere from $40 to $50 a packet, virtually all tax. I long since gave up, and I have no idea how anybody can still afford to do it.
Australia's anti-smoking program has been incredibly effective - raising the price has been the most effective way to reduce smoking without actually banning it.

Also Australia is not a particularly high taxing country, prices are inflated through a system of what are effectively monopolies - exclusive regional based distribution deals that reduce competition - and extremely high rents (this one in particular).

SolarAxix
KVRist
263 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:40 am

abhor wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:26 pm
For some reason the "crazy80" coupon for nembrini products works on more than one order per account. Can buy all their products individually for 80% off. That's crazy kids. I think it's done tomorrow so go at it!
Thanks! I was able to get a few things I was looking at getting at the intro price. At 80% off, the prices are actually better.

Keep in mind that most of the Nembrini deals finish at midnight in Italy (GMT+2), so if this promo code is only good until today, there's a good chance it will be done at midnight local Italian time.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”