Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
VincentVega
KVRist
51 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 am

ozonepaul wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 am
Uncle E wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm
I can recommend getting the Abbey Road Collection. ...I believe that upgrading bundles always gets you whatever has been added since your last upgrade, too.
I don't think that this is the case with the Abbey Road plugins:
"* The Abbey Road Collection is excluded from new plugins being added for free with a current Waves Update Plan."
It is from the "Waves Update Plan" description page:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-upd ... 1-EALw_wcB
Can confirm. I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it

Psuper
KVRist
354 posts since 3 May, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 am

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm
Psuper wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm
I totally missed your post, thanks for the heads up. I decided I'm not going with Slate and was set on Sphere, however I'm definitely intrigued with your mic and will dig around some I'd love to see some reviews first truthfully -- I'm not normally an early adopter, at least with more pricey items.
Thanks! My mic is $299.
I'm tempted to just get it at that price and see how it works out, its almost impossible to actually audition mics anymore -- especially if you have a specific setup, budget, or mic in mind.

People around here trust you Uncle, so I'll just ask you straight up what's your honest opinion on it? For the record I have a strong bass-heavy vocal from e2 to e4.
Cubase has won the Prize! And Reason is is invited to the party again (once midi-thru Rack is in)! :party:
...I now need nothing but more hours in a day.

User avatar
everyPlugin.com
KVRist
264 posts since 5 Aug, 2015 from Up, Up in the Cloud

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 am

VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4646 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:20 am
Just a heads-up: I got the email from Waves to choose the $29.99 free plugin.
Cheers. Me too.
I’m hesitant between:
Brauer Motion
PuigChild
Aphex Exciter
(already have all things Abbey Road)

profaudio
KVRer
23 posts since 20 Mar, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 pm

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 am
VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.
No it wasn't. It was $164 just before the new plugin release - and it was $164 after inc. the new plugin. Also their "X number of units left at this price" is a complete LIE.

User avatar
everyPlugin.com
KVRist
264 posts since 5 Aug, 2015 from Up, Up in the Cloud

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Yes it was.
$164 before, and $199 after, including now.
Though it took them about a day to update.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4646 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:43 pm

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm
Yes it was.
$164 before, and $199 after, including now.
Though it took them about a day to update.
^^^ This
Thanks @EveryPlugin :tu:

Kurdish Mayfield
KVRist
122 posts since 9 Mar, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?

VincentVega
KVRist
51 posts since 16 Nov, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:21 pm

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 am
VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.
Something similar happened with Izotope MPS2.1/MPS 3, and they gave the update for free for whom bought the bundle (2.1) in the last months.

profaudio
KVRer
23 posts since 20 Mar, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:29 pm

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:39 pm
Yes it was.
$164 before, and $199 after, including now.
Though it took them about a day to update.
It was raised AFTER I sent them a COMPLAINT EMAIL about the situation! [of which I still haven't received a reply]

I have screenshots of the SAME PRICE & their BS LYING "18 units available at this price".

The price has been changed now to $199 and the "units remaining" disappeared.

profaudio
KVRer
23 posts since 20 Mar, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 pm

To clarify: I purchased [quickly] at the original $164 price after reading "18 units available at this price". After which the number simply increased, again & again. So clearly they offered WAY MORE than "18 units" at the SAME PRICE.

Then they add a new AR plugin and it's in the same bundle, SAME PRICE ($164) - but not for anyone who just purchased [quickly due to their lying advertising tactics], only for NEW PURCHASES.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1191 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm
I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?
Abbey Road is the only one that doesn't upgrade automatically with WUP. They said it has to do with the licensing. So it shows as separate products in the system. Curious as to if you can sell them separately also.

User avatar
krabbencutter
KVRist
488 posts since 12 Jul, 2013

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm

profaudio wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 pm
everyPlugin.com wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 am
VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.
No it wasn't. It was $164 just before the new plugin release - and it was $164 after inc. the new plugin. Also their "X number of units left at this price" is a complete LIE.
Their management & marketing is an absolute nightmare imho. It's bullsh*t like this, that makes me completely question wtf is going wrong at Waves.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

zqxwcevr
KVRist
66 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:21 pm

I had the complete Abbey Road Collection prior to Saturator. I bought Saturator through an upgrade via the My Products page in my Waves account. Waves added another 1 year of WUP on all the plugs in the collection. Essentially got Saturator and 1 year of WUP for $24.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRAF
2121 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:35 pm

zqxwcevr wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:21 pm
I had the complete Abbey Road Collection prior to Saturator. I bought Saturator through an upgrade via the My Products page in my Waves account. Waves added another 1 year of WUP on all the plugs in the collection. Essentially got Saturator and 1 year of WUP for $24.
My first Anti-WUP story. :) I recently WUPed my entire Waves account which extended my WUP for all plugins to July 2021. This week I upgraded the Abbey Roads Collection to get the Saturator and the system set the WUP date back to December 2020. Waves support fixed that though.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”