Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
2184 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am

elxsound wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:21 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:16 am
elxsound wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 am
Quick and probably a silly question: How does one use MPE-enabled synths like Pigments? I think it needs an MPE-capable MIDI Controller Keyboard, right?
You can also pick up an iOS app. I haven't tried it, but the one that confirms its capability is Velocity Keyboard $9.99).

I believe there's more than this one too.
Thanks, but unfortunately, I am on Android. :(
No problem though, MPE looks quite advanced right now and I can wait until it becomes more accessible. :)
You cannot run away from this! :lol:

https://humtools.com/pocketmidi-mpe-sur ... r-android/

Its actually not complex at all... Basically think of it as having an x/y pad mapped over every key.

Next, think of being able to extend pitch bend in a more controllable/precise method as you can slide up/down the keyboard range when/if needed (and doesn't have to be mapped for when you don't need it.

The rest should be familiar, with aftertouch, velocity and release.

The benefit is just having control of those things all at once while playing, but again... You don't have to have them all enabled at once, but just the features you need as you require them.
Haha, you caught me! :lol:

That thing looks good. I have downloaded it, but I need to see if it will work with FL Studio and how much.

Thanks for the tips. :tu:

FWIW, there is a VFX Envelope Controller in FL Studio 20.7, which when used with VSTi plugin inside Patcher offers per note manipulation of many parameters. Just wondering now if that could be useful.
Never imagined we would get to play with toys in adulthood. :)

D.Wako
KVRian
943 posts since 7 Oct, 2006

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am

40% off all Tracktion Waveform, instruments, expansions, and upgrades:
https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion?dir=asc&order=name
How long is this on Uncle E? Thanks in advance. :)
What ever!

soundbylaura
KVRian
737 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Anyone ever bought something from Pixel Pro Audio?
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

monomox
KVRist
348 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 pm

is it just me or the Krotos' logo resembles certain depictions of the covid-19 pretty closely?
never mind, I'm just bored
it's Friday, right? I think so

timbit2006
KVRist
61 posts since 10 Sep, 2019

Post Fri May 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Hey does SWAM ever do sales on its solo libraries?
Might as well mention that I'm willing to buy a second hand key if someone has one for sale.
thanks

Sciurus
KVRist
95 posts since 4 Aug, 2019

Post Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm

They were on sale recently. 20% or something.

BingBang
KVRist
59 posts since 31 Jul, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 am

JRR shop has the BFD3 upgrade from BFD Eco at a really reasonable price. I would like to program realistic sounding jazz drums. I was thinking of buying the upgrade for that, but FXpansion has this whole abandonware vibe. BFD3 is close to 7 years old now! I am not sure this is such a good deal.

Are people still using BFD3 and happy with it?

monomox
KVRist

Post Sat May 23, 2020 5:32 am

BingBang wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 am
JRR shop has the BFD3 upgrade from BFD Eco at a really reasonable price. I would like to program realistic sounding jazz drums. I was thinking of buying the upgrade for that, but FXpansion has this whole abandonware vibe. BFD3 is close to 7 years old now! I am not sure this is such a good deal.

A few months ago I cautioned a potential buyer against it. Last night I had a lot of fun with it. It's a complex plugin and not "plug and play".

I contacted their customer support once and they were quick and helpful.

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love. But I haven't had any technical issues.

There's an eternal debate about whether Superior Drummer or BFD3 is better. However, I would've had to spend three times as much to get as many kits in SD as I have in BFD3 because there's just not a second hand market for SD.

But then, there's that ridiculous $50 fee to transfer stuff (and of course, ways around it).

I used to dislike Drumica and Addictive Drums and now I like them. I think it's a question of getting to learn each plugin and our willingness to work with them. We're accustomed to jumping from one plugin to the next hoping that's "the one" but that doesn't work.

BingBang
KVRist
59 posts since 31 Jul, 2016 from Germany

Post Sat May 23, 2020 6:06 am

monomox wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:32 am
BingBang wrote:

A few months ago I cautioned a potential buyer against it. Last night I had a lot of fun with it. It's a complex plugin and not "plug and play".

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love. But I haven't had any technical issues.

There's an eternal debate about whether Superior Drummer or BFD3 is better. However, I would've had to spend three times as much to get as many kits in SD as I have in BFD3 because there's just not a second hand market for SD.

But then, there's that ridiculous $50 fee to transfer stuff (and of course, ways around it).

I used to dislike Drumica and Addictive Drums and now I like them. I think it's a question of getting to learn each plugin and our willingness to work with them. We're accustomed to jumping from one plugin to the next hoping that's "the one" but that doesn't work.
Thanks! Do you have to understand how to mix real drums to get good results with BFD3?? The amount of control within the plugin seems intimidating.

Blue Phase Music
KVRAF
7908 posts since 24 May, 2009 from Nationalism isn't my thing...

Post Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 am

timbit2006 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:00 pm
Hey does SWAM ever do sales on its solo libraries?
Might as well mention that I'm willing to buy a second hand key if someone has one for sale.
thanks
They did have a great 20%-off sale recently and I picked up their violin, but AD and JrrShop have pretty good regular deals on SWAM instruments compared to AM's webshop:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/search/site/swam

https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/r ... e&dir=desc

I cannot believe the realism of this violin. I mean, with my Sensel Morph, it sounds exactly as if I were to pick up and play a physical violin with my experience level! (absolutely none :hihi: )
Blue Phase Music

Blue Phase Music
KVRAF
7908 posts since 24 May, 2009 from Nationalism isn't my thing...

Post Sat May 23, 2020 6:11 am

Uncle E wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:37 am
Blue Phase Music wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:46 am
Oh, and I don't like some of the changes in Cubase 10.5.
I loved Cubase until version 7 happened, then it was like learning a new DAW. Steinberg has a long history of doing things like that.
I loved most of the changes up to and including 10 even though a lot of them were UI changes and took some getting used to where things moved, I seem to need to unplug and re-plug in my Sensel Morph (and used to need to do the same with my Roli Seaboard) every time I make a setting change in its control panel. I could swear v10 had a menu item for refreshing MIDI or somesuch. If it's still there I am just blind, but I couldn't find anything in the manual, either. Again, it could be that I just cannot brain, but I did at least look.
Blue Phase Music

monomox
KVRist

Post Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 am

BingBang wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:06 am
monomox wrote:
BingBang wrote:

Thanks! Do you have to understand how to mix real drums to get good results with BFD3?? The amount of control within the plugin seems intimidating.
Whoever tries to sell you "mix-ready" anything is trying to sell you snake oil. How to mix your drums depends on your intention and the rest of the mix. GGD's Invasion was the last library I got still thinking it would sound good "right out of the box." I hated it at first, then embraced it once I realized no one was going to do the work I'm supposed to do. YouTube, Lynda, Groove3, spend some time (and maybe money) learning how to mix. That's going to save you time and money on the long run. Chances are you already have the plugins or libraries you need.

At first things will sound like s**t and you'll get frustrated. Don't worry, that's how it was for all of us.

I guess that's why I'm liking libraries and plugins I used to dislike: because I know how to mix a little better now.

Ou_Tis
KVRian
542 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 am

monomox wrote:
BingBang wrote:

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love.
Incidentally, FXpansion recently added drums to Cypher2 (or at least I noticed the addition recently) and Roli released Roli Studio Drums. Don't know if they used anything from BFD for those, or whether they could contribute to BFD4. They might favor Roli 5D MPE (Seaboard / Lightpad) compatible releases from now on.

Ploki
KVRAF
2295 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:19 am

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 am
monomox wrote:
BingBang wrote:

FXpansion was bought by Roli (AFAIK) and since then BFD3 is not getting any love.
Incidentally, FXpansion recently added drums to Cypher2 (or at least I noticed the addition recently) and Roli released Roli Studio Drums. Don't know if they used anything from BFD for those, or whether they could contribute to BFD4. They might favor Roli 5D MPE (Seaboard / Lightpad) compatible releases from now on.
BFD was sold to another company, its not under ROLI anymore

yellowmix
KVRAF
1637 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Post Sat May 23, 2020 10:54 am

BFD was sold to InMusic. However, this is a good deal to get in and pretty sure my license will transferred to InMusic (or whatever brand it'll be under) when they finish the transition. Hopefully BFD gets significant updates or perhaps a version 4 now that the team can concentrate on it. BFD got a major upgrade at the end of 2019 with 3.3 and minor updates/bugfixes up until the news was announced.

As for "mix-ready", I find that Addictive Drums has many presets that get you pretty close and if you're on deadlines it's pretty handy. I need to do a lot more mixing with BFD. That's not a bad thing, I enjoy the control. The breadth and depth of kits available to BFD is astounding as well.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”