Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
monomox
KVRist
382 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:24 am

Ou_Tis wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 am
El°HYM wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 am
BOOM! 💥 Your $20 Voucher can be used AGAIN!

:party:
2 AM this morning my vision was getting blurry and I thought I should put off using the voucher until after I slept, but I forced myself to use it just in case this happened again.

Just noticed that De-Verb Plus is apparently free with voucher. Does it have any advantages over Rx 7's De-Reverb? What about Mo-Verb Plus in comparison with Neutron 3's transient shaper?
I have successfully used NI's Transient Master (based on SLP's transient designer plus plugin) to tame reverb by turning the "sustain" to the left. So if you have a transient control plugin, you could try it and compare with De-Verb's demo.

User avatar
frackermak
KVRist
206 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 am
hotmitts wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 am
I just love this quaint little idea that you should only stick to buying the plugins you need hahaha that's a good one
but, of course, we're all involved in a creative endeavor which is more likely to be rewarded when innovation happens. The tools to accelerate innovation may not be apparent but its what we seek. In that sense , who's to say what you need.
On the whole..
We're mostly involved in producing amateurish shite. 😬
That's hopefully getting better 🤞😀

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
1842 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 am

frackermak wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:55 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 am
hotmitts wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 am
I just love this quaint little idea that you should only stick to buying the plugins you need hahaha that's a good one
but, of course, we're all involved in a creative endeavor which is more likely to be rewarded when innovation happens. The tools to accelerate innovation may not be apparent but its what we seek. In that sense , who's to say what you need.
On the whole..
We're mostly involved in producing amateurish shite. 😬
That's hopefully getting better 🤞😀
Polishing our turds one cell at a time :hihi:

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11831 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 am

Someone needs to come out with the Bidet plugin.

hotmitts
KVRist
431 posts since 27 Nov, 2003 from UK, Polegate

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:10 am

Well at least it's easy to tell if it's a hit

simmo75
KVRAF
2120 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:43 am

Quick question... Which one: Bx_Oberhausen or DS Thorn?
I write mostly downtempo, LoFi and hip hop.
Last edited by simmo75 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ploki
KVRAF
2340 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:46 am

DS Thorn does much more, but its a specific synth.
Oberhausen is a decent emu of Oberheim SEM.
They don't really compare imo.
i'd take Thorn in this shootout.

chk071
KVRAF
24674 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 am

Yeah, I don't really think they compare either. Frankly, for me, Thorn is unfortunately one of those synth which catch virtual dust on my harddrive (TBH, it's not my cup of tea, sound and feature wise). Oberhausen on the other hand gets a lot of use here at the moment, simply because it sounds SO sweet. Which isn't at all helpful for you. :)

I'd demo both, and see which fits better in my arsenal. It seems like you have a very definite use case (downtempo, lo-fi and hop hop (whatever that is...)).
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

simmo75
KVRAF
2120 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:59 am

chk071 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:53 am
Yeah, I don't really think they compare either. Frankly, for me, Thorn is unfortunately one of those synth which catch virtual dust on my harddrive (TBH, it's not my cup of tea, sound and feature wise). Oberhausen on the other hand gets a lot of use here at the moment, simply because it sounds SO sweet. Which isn't at all helpful for you. :)

I'd demo both, and see which fits better in my arsenal. It seems like you have a very definite use case (downtempo, lo-fi and hop hop (whatever that is...)).
Hop Hop is a favorite amongst me and my fellow dyslexic friends.

chk071
KVRAF
24674 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm

:D

Thought it might have been a typo, but, you never know... I haven't paid much attention to the more recent musical genres. :)
Plugins and a DAW. On a operating system. Which runs on a computer.

User avatar
monomox
KVRist
382 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm

chk071 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm
:D

Thought it might have been a typo, but, you never know... I haven't paid much attention to the more recent musical genres. :)
I haven't either since that whippersnapper came along moving his pelvis in a suggestive manner, it's been all downhill since then
:clown:

paolostylo
KVRist
240 posts since 10 May, 2019 from Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Eclectus wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:09 am
Relab Development Summer Sale: Get 50% off reverb effect plugins

https://relabdevelopment.com/relab-store/
Hi,
there is no 50% off on their site. The plugins are reduced, yes, but not at 50%. That would have been great...
Where did you get that message?

Insanelysane
KVRian
613 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm

paolostylo wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:28 pm
Eclectus wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:09 am
Relab Development Summer Sale: Get 50% off reverb effect plugins

https://relabdevelopment.com/relab-store/
Hi,
there is no 50% off on their site. The plugins are reduced, yes, but not at 50%. That would have been great...
Where did you get that message?
Yes its inaccurate, it should say UP TO 50%, only Goldplate is 50% off, the rest around 33%

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
1842 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:42 pm

monomox wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm
chk071 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm
:D

Thought it might have been a typo, but, you never know... I haven't paid much attention to the more recent musical genres. :)
I haven't either since that whippersnapper came along moving his pelvis in a suggestive manner, it's been all downhill since then
:clown:
Yeah it’s been a while since This Is America

Back on a toilet tip, mostly into plip plop

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11831 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Ploki wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:46 am
DS Thorn does much more, but its a specific synth.
Oberhausen is a decent emu of Oberheim SEM.
They don't really compare imo.
i'd take Thorn in this shootout.
I used to own an OB-1 (basically an SEM with a keyboard) and the sound was much rounder, softer, and overall more pleasant than Oberhausen. Actually, I find Oberhausen to be sort of the polar opposite of it. It sounds grating to me.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”