(2009-09-08) New Helix Update

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

( 2009-09-08 ) New Helix Update

This update finally brings Helix to the Mac full force.

* Helix is now an Audio Unit
* Simpler to use installer package on Mac
* Fix bug when hosted by Cubase 5 (on PC)
* Smooth filter tweaking with mouse or automation

If you're reinstalling, make sure you notice that the data folder moved.

http://www.audjoo.com/Helix/News.html

As always, free for existing customers. Just make sure your license file is in the right spot.

Enjoy!
Jonas

Post

Hi - maybe I should try the demo if you have improved the filters. I know this is stupid but from the screenshot on the site I can't see where the filters are in the new gui - I'm still using the beta at the moment (in that they get added as modules on the right)

Post

aMUSEd wrote:I can't see where the filters are in the new gui
The "new" gui have things organized in tabs. The screen shot shows the "fx" tab and not the "stages" tab. The stages are where the filters and the shapers live. Give it a try, you won't regret it :)

Post

Wow, good to hear about audio unit version, Will buy it now! Thanks!

Post

JonasNorberg wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I can't see where the filters are in the new gui
The "new" gui have things organized in tabs. The screen shot shows the "fx" tab and not the "stages" tab. The stages are where the filters and the shapers live. Give it a try, you won't regret it :)
Ah I see, thanks - what are the demo limitations? (e.g. does it make a noise?)

OK - just trying and got the popup stating that

Post

OK (in between the hisses) it is possible to see the filters are much less steppy and don't break up as much as the beta but why do they cut out the sound completely at less than 50% freq?

I still adore the JN lead sound btw - beautiful

Post

nice,are there any updates in this for windows users,or is this purely a update for the mac heads?

Post

S-N-S wrote:nice,are there any updates in this for windows users,or is this purely a update for the mac heads?
Yeah, if you ever use the mouse to move the filter cutoff you'll hear it's very smooth now. Also there was a bug that made cubase 5 pretty much crash, that could possible manifest itself in other hosts too.

Post

Jonas - should we delete the old data folder?

Return to “Audjoo”