jam turns into 3min folk song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

done with mp3's jammin over skype so quality is low but the feeling is there. this was fun to try and capture a quick creation between jas and I. I'm personally really fond of jasmines voice so I thought I'd post it for a reaction.
jas on acoustic and vocals
me on acoustic, tiny synth and hidden percussion

dream connection
Last edited by wavephonic on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:shock:
Great song,
just up my street ..... 8)

If you ever want to turn this into a full production just let me know.

I could contribute acoustic guitar/bass, bouzouki, penny whistle.

Could make this into quite a special folk song, if you like. :love:

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

thanks for that james and for the offer of help to. not sure where its going to go, it happened so fast we're just standing back looking at it right now, lol.
btw, stopped at your site and listened to your house song, enjoyed and a great concept. I have your site fav'd.
thanks again, a nice surprise

great song..i love jasmine's voice too!
:love:

Very nice! :tu:

Can you please give more details on how this was done? How the audio was fed into Skype? Any mixer/preamp used, or just straight to the soundcard? What about the latency?

Congrats to you both!

bluedad wrote:great song..i love jasmine's voice too!
:love:
ya she has a unique timbre hey.
thanks bluedad

DRS wrote:Very nice! :tu:

Can you please give more details on how this was done? How the audio was fed into Skype? Any mixer/preamp used, or just straight to the soundcard? What about the latency?

Congrats to you both!
I used 2 systems in the studio, my net puter soundcard out to a channel on my mixer, main out from mixer to my studio puter. control room out from mixer back to net puter soundcard input. monitored from control room headphone out.
beat the latency by making 2 lofi files and jogging one of them to line up.
appreciate the listen, thanks

Not been able to spend any time here lately but I'm very glad I dropped in on this. Lovely song, Considering the way you performed it you've done extremely well.

Damn it's better than most full-featured commercial productions! :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Skype Jam ? cool. it sound better than many records from the 70's :hihi:
I like the voice and the feel of it

Cheers

Nicely done Ed, lovely track and Jas does have a really pretty voice. Good idea on the Skype thing too! :)
Image Image

folderol, glad you dropped in and listened. I didn't know you'd like this sort of thing.

laguna, hey good to see ya. lol, I'd say it sounds like an old 78.

polyslax, thanks for coming by again man, I appreciate you checking out my stuff. I can officially hibernate again, although it would be nice to get some more summer, pretty well a rainout in these parts this year.

really thanks all, from both of us

Very good song. And I agree that quality is even better than they used to have on 70s folk records.
Love that gently percussion hidden deep in the background.
Thanks for sharing -- a good break from endless electronic noodlings mostly posted here (by myself as well ;) )

Have not had time to listen yet, but try this free plugin (you have to sign up to site)... It's awesome, the only issue that I run into with my friends, is that you have to make sure your router has a certain port open...

http://www.digitalmusician.net/index.php?id=320

Jazz Franco wrote:Very good song. And I agree that quality is even better than they used to have on 70s folk records.
Love that gently percussion hidden deep in the background.
Thanks for sharing -- a good break from endless electronic noodlings mostly posted here (by myself as well ;) )
oh I do my share of electronic noodles, this sort of stuff just seems to get me playing my acoustic which sometimes just sits there, lol.
hey I listened to "in bloom" dig the industrial motor and the spiny things floating about.

appreciate the listen, thanks

toine6 wrote:Have not had time to listen yet, but try this free plugin (you have to sign up to site)... It's awesome, the only issue that I run into with my friends, is that you have to make sure your router has a certain port open...

http://www.digitalmusician.net/index.php?id=320
looks interesting, I'll give it a try. especially since they fixed the mickey mouse bug, lol.

Return to “Music Cafe”