Freeware Plugins Update

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF
4862 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 am

New versions of our free plugins are available. Check them out!

Blue Cat's Freeware Pack
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandoTiM
KVRer
5 posts since 1 Oct, 2009 from Sydney, Australia

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:09 am

Blue Cat Audio wrote:New versions of our free plugins are available. Check them out!

Blue Cat's Freeware Pack
I've had all sorts of problems getting BCA plug-ins to work on Cubase (version 5) since I upgraded to 64-bit. Is this usual? and/or what am I doing wrong? I'd given up hope of getting any of the various programmes to work then noticed you'd upgraded the freeware and thought I'd try again...

I've also been trialling Windows 7 with various programmes (principally Cubase and Photoshop) using the RTM version. Installing the freeware I realised that I needed to install it in the correct Steinberg directory (ie NOT the (x86) one) and whilst it then showed up in the correct menus when I first ran the stereo version of the Frequency Analyst it greyed out Cubase but doesn't show up on top with Cubase showing as not responding. I must admit what I saw of the frequency analyst when I was running it with an older version of Cubase (VST3) and Windows 2000 it's exactly what I'm after and I would be happy to purchase it if I could get it to run... :?
Tim Barker

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:04 pm

If you are using the 64 bits version of Cubase then yes, it's indeed expected because it requires 64 bits versions of our plugins. The ones we currently have on our website are 32 bits so they will only run within 32 bits applications (but can work on 64 bits systems).

If that's the case and you are interested, we have internal 64 bits beta versions of our plugins available that you can test on your system.

MandoTiM
KVRer

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 pm

argh. Understand although perhaps I don't given that the Cubase 32-bit plug-ins still work under the 64-bit programme but they might have been rehashed to work under 64-bit code. I might try the 32-bit programme first, which I think is also installed, although I'm always interested in trialling software if it's going to do what I want. Clearly won't use it in mission critical areas, though. How would I get through to the Beta versions if I decided to try?

thanks for the prompt reply.
Tim Barker

MandoTiM
KVRer

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Perhaps you should also modify your FAQ page to indicate that they don't work with 64-bit programmes although they are under development...
Tim Barker

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 am

Yes you are right! will add this to the FAQ. Just PM us your email address and we'll send you a link to download the beta of a plugin. We might ask you to help us fix a few things, but don't worry: we won't bother you that much with the beta program :).

MandoTiM
KVRer

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 am

love to try to help but maybe not of much use!... email address coming directly
Tim Barker

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”