Miguel Migs type soulful House - Fall Beckons

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really not sure about this track any more but think it may be due to over saturation but can i get some opinions on whether this can pass or re work it?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/210793/Fall%20Beckons.mp3

well I think it's ace! What is it you're not sure about? Is there anything specific you want feedback on?

I can only say that it sounds professional, polished, chunky, funky and soulful. Impressive as usual.

S

sazb30 wrote:well I think it's ace! What is it you're not sure about? Is there anything specific you want feedback on?

I can only say that it sounds professional, polished, chunky, funky and soulful. Impressive as usual.

S
nothing specific, started it yesterday finished it now, think iv listened to it too much as i am just finding it drole, un release worthy and just rather deflated about it but when i began i really loved it lol

suppose just really need some fresh ears on it to pick out anything i may of missed, could change or to say (which is my favourite option :hihi: ) say its cool. oh and if any chicks are liking it feel free to send me your undies :D

It's cool

what's your address?

lol, kidding!

Well, it's a million times better than anything I could do on the house front but I used to play a lot of stuff like this when I DJ'd back in the day (!) and if I was to be super-critical I might suggest looking at the structure? The drums are solid and the mix sounds great to me, but you might simplfy things -ie, choose one hook and build around it. There was a sense that there were lots of different musical elements vying for attention?

I really liked it though, and would have bought and played it for sure if I was still spinning... so my comments are mere quibbles to help you focus on what might be bothering you about it.

Excellent work as usual. Are you signed yet?

sazb30 wrote:what's your address?

lol, kidding!

Well, it's a million times better than anything I could do on the house front but I used to play a lot of stuff like this when I DJ'd back in the day (!) and if I was to be super-critical I might suggest looking at the structure? The drums are solid and the mix sounds great to me, but you might simplfy things -ie, choose one hook and build around it. There was a sense that there were lots of different musical elements vying for attention?

I really liked it though, and would have bought and played it for sure if I was still spinning... so my comments are mere quibbles to help you focus on what might be bothering you about it.

Excellent work as usual. Are you signed yet?
cheers dude, i deliberately tried to introduced more elements to stop it getting boring im trying to diversify my music now a bit more??? no none of my last tracks have been signed but going to send them out to a few labels to see if i get any joy 8)

good luck Sureno.

sazb30 wrote:good luck Sureno.
nice 1 mate :)

Love it to death! Congratulations on a job well done sureno. It reminds me that I probably do more house myself instead of always being stuck in the 80s :lol:
Looking forward to more of this stuff in the future. :)

K-Bee wrote:Love it to death! Congratulations on a job well done sureno. It reminds me that I probably do more house myself instead of always being stuck in the 80s :lol:
Looking forward to more of this stuff in the future. :)
Ah really glad you liked it brother, its such a satisfying feeling to see your peers enjoy your work. 8)

I know what you mean about no longer feeling great about a song after working on it a long time. After a week or two of work on a song I pretty much hate it. My latest is only half done because the piano piece is complex for my limited musicianship skills and I have practiced it so much, I can even bring myself to record it now.

This is however, very good. It may not be the most original or exciting work, but it is very high quality and easy to listen to. Quite enjoyable.

Cheers
Shad

edit -typos
I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try.
My Music / Latest

Love that! Not really like Miguel Migs, but also that summer feeling and very cool bass lines, yeah yeah yeah :tu:

- Ulli -
Sunburn In Cyprus - Downtempo/Lounge/Pop/Electronic/Dub
Sunburn In Cyprus music site

Nice quiet and happy feel.

I was not fan of the HH ( very crispy sound, isolated on top of the mix) and claps (same reason). Instruments were too much EQed and the overall mix too clean/clinical for my taste. I would have prefered a more blended mix and more movements. Might be just me though. Some people just adore this kind of mixes :shrug:

But overall cool track with a kind of islands/loungy feel at some moments :)

Thanks for sharing,

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

hmmm the HH sound seem to be causing an issue with a few people now, may add a little dirt and lower them in the mix see how it behaves.

Thanks people i really really do appreciate all the feedback :wink:

Nice track! Perfect for a late night chill!

Production is clean and dynamic. Elements blend together in a warm manner. I like that rhodes sound and progression. :)

Very cool!

Return to “Music Cafe”