Will Helix go multitimbral someday?

Official support for: audjoo.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jonas. I'm currently enjoying my Helix.

The only thing I was wondering about is if you have the intention to make Helix multitimbral someday. In the current version I have to open several instances of Helix to fake a multitimbral Helix, but in terms of ease of use it's a pain as I have to change all the settings in each instance.

Do you think it would be hard to make Helix multitimbral in the next update release?

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Alessio

i cant imagine that would be a pressing issue for the developer really.
its not something that people seem to miss as i cant think of any multitimbral synths ?. It was pretty important back in the days of my hardware keyboards/sound modules and cubase v1 (midi only version) tho!
:wink:

I agree re it not being a pressing issue. I'm able to open up multiple instances of Helix and other synths fairly quickly and easily.
It seems many are able to do the same with their synths. Otherwise we would have far more multimbral synths from developers based on user demand instead of most accepting midi on just one channel as they currently do.
"I function as a channel through which music emerges from the chaos of noise." Vangelis

Sounduke wrote:Hello Jonas. I'm currently enjoying my Helix.
I'm glad :)
Sounduke wrote:The only thing I was wondering about is if you have the intention to make Helix multitimbral someday.
...snip
I was thinking about multitimbrality in the past, but now I think multiple instances are really practical. So I'll stick to that (like many other synths) until someone convince me otherwise :)

Jonas

JonasNorberg wrote: I was thinking about multitimbrality in the past, but now I think multiple instances are really practical. So I'll stick to that (like many other synths) until someone convince me otherwise
Since Helix is SOOO easy on the CPU using 4-6 instances should not be a hassle, so I'd agree about not bothering with MT.

Thanks again for a greats synth and have an great holiday Jonas.

ScottAC

It was just a personal need for my midi controllers which can be operated easier if I have different synth engines each assigned to different midi channels. I'll stick with multiple instances as I see the comunity doesn't need that feature.

Thank you for the feedback!

Best Regards,
Sounduke

Return to “Audjoo”