W.I.P: Deep Tech House track! opinions wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks, did this, this afternoon, are you guys liking it, any points to add? i feel the kick is a bit loud but it still needs to be mixed and re levelled so its far from finished

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/210793/Deep%20H ... ke%201.mp3

You are clearly hearing every frequency and sitting it snugly in it's place.

He is teh mixmasterz.

Nice track, very polished production. Got a bit bored after a couple of minutes though :)

cheers guys, well for the genre id say its of a pretty repetitive nature. although may be some more automation tricks would work but imo it's just not got that "pro" sound.
e.g
mark knight
funkagenda etc etc

Nice track.
No mix feedback, cause i heard on lappy speakers.

sureno wrote: just not got that "pro" sound.
You need TC Character pal

sureno wrote:cheers guys, well for the genre id say its of a pretty repetitive nature.
oh it's okay, everyone disagrees with me anyway... :wink:

Sublime production - beautifully mixed, great sounds.

Tad repetitive, but as you say, it's the genre. :)

Great work!

CypherOne wrote:
sureno wrote:cheers guys, well for the genre id say its of a pretty repetitive nature.
lol no i have to say i agree with you... this time though, after this occasion its back to disagree'ing with everything you say :roll: lol

on a serious note any advice on how to change it up, i think my biggest flaw is making stuff too repetitive but i blame it on the way i work, but then i did do this in a few hours so started rushing towards the end just to get something down, will go back into it with fresh ears and ideas and re arrange me thinks?

Three faces wrote:Sublime production - beautifully mixed, great sounds.

Tad repetitive, but as you say, it's the genre. :)

Great work!
You see I have to agree with Rob

I think the production on this is superb. I don't know the genre and Paul already knows I almost despise it, but I cannot fault the 'pro' sound.

sureno wrote:
CypherOne wrote:
lol no i have to say i agree with you... this time though, after this occasion its back to disagree'ing with everything you say :roll: lol

on a serious note any advice on how to change it up, i think my biggest flaw is making stuff too repetitive but i blame it on the way i work, but then i did do this in a few hours so started rushing towards the end just to get something down, will go back into it with fresh ears and ideas and re arrange me thinks?
Without listening again (I'm on my laptop right now and the kids are in bed), I seem to recall thinking earlier that the bassline needs to evolve in some way. As for anything else, I'll listen again tomorrow. Not entirely sure why you want my opinion though...

it's a great track!

Not a bit too repetetive to my ears either - compared to some of my favourite techno tracks this is rather a small symphony.

Marco :D

It sounds good enough, comparable to Funkagenda etc, really .. You just have to focus on the arrangement and sounds to keep it interesting, it still needs something ... It's difficult! But you got the mixing skills, no worries there

cheers guys, really do appreciate all the feedback

Excellent track! It does sound a tad repetetive though. Maybe add a few more elements and work on the arrangement so things are constantly changing every 8 bars.

Return to “Music Cafe”