What is IK Multimedia up to??? More gear???

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
barbecutie
KVRist
482 posts since 19 Jan, 2008 from Texas - USA

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

What is IK Multimedia up to??? More gear???

Check out these pics at IK Multimedia facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 146&ref=mf

Looks very interesting... Are they doing a British Invasion product?

What will they make me spend my money on next? :D

BBC

hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Squids posted a teaser about this somewhere around here... At any rate it looks more promising than their last "big surprise" :hihi:

barbecutie
KVRist
482 posts since 19 Jan, 2008 from Texas - USA

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Link to Squids' post:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

What do you think?

BBC

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:54 pm

I think there is indeed the possibility that some of those pics are for items that will be used in amplitube 3.

Of course, if it is......it will be after the 2011 namm show before we can actually get it :lol:

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Is that one photo a leslie? I had wondered if IK was going to step into the B3 emu ring for awhile. If it's samples though, I have no faith as you cannot get the signature rotor sound with sample based.

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 pm

hibidy wrote:Is that one photo a leslie? I had wondered if IK was going to step into the B3 emu ring for awhile. If it's samples though, I have no faith as you cannot get the signature rotor sound with sample based.
Aha... hmmm, yeah I wouldn't assume it is necessarily AmpliTube this or that... although an AmpliTube Jazz or something like that would be cool. But so would a B3! If there's one thing I DO enjoy is teasing Hibidy though. You and I have a history of that right? haha. But yeah, clearly whatever this is it is more for you than say an iphone app (despite enormous popularity of that!). TUBES ARE INVOLVED. That's always a good sign. Hmmm, maybe it's hardware! Ever think of that???? :o
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Squids wrote:
hibidy wrote:Is that one photo a leslie? I had wondered if IK was going to step into the B3 emu ring for awhile. If it's samples though, I have no faith as you cannot get the signature rotor sound with sample based.
Aha... hmmm, yeah I wouldn't assume it is necessarily AmpliTube this or that... although an AmpliTube Jazz or something like that would be cool. But so would a B3! If there's one thing I DO enjoy is teasing Hibidy though. You and I have a history of that right? haha. But yeah, clearly whatever this is it is more for you than say an iphone app (despite enormous popularity of that!). TUBES ARE INVOLVED. That's always a good sign. Hmmm, maybe it's hardware! Ever think of that???? :o
Oh, I love to be teased. And you are right, things you'll likely never hear "hey did you hear hibidy got an iphone??" :hihi:

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6294 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:41 am

hibidy wrote:...things you'll likely never hear "hey did you hear hibidy got an iphone??" :hihi:
We need to Photoshop a paparazzi-style shot of you secretly using an iPhone. With a big grin. While in front of your massive stack of tube amps and outboard gear :)
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
SampleTank 4 announced and available for pre-order.

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9427 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:57 am

I have it on good authority that they're working on a new shrimp de-veiner.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
hibidy wrote:...things you'll likely never hear "hey did you hear hibidy got an iphone??" :hihi:
We need to Photoshop a paparazzi-style shot of you secretly using an iPhone. With a big grin. While in front of your massive stack of tube amps and outboard gear :)
Yeah, I'm one to eat my words allot :oops: Like, actually considering another mac (the first experience was HORRIBLE! am I really that desperate??)

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9427 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:19 am

Mmmmmm shrimp.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't know, none of this gear seems to have any indication of shrimpy sound :)

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Just as long as it's not WHIMPY sounds :hihi:

So lets see:

Winter namm is jan 14-17, so we'll know what it is on the 15th probably
We know it is amplitube line
We know it will not have squids rover pedal (unless we are being mislead)
We know it will have an orange, and a big muff, probably a vox, some boogie stuff and a dealy with a knob nobody has figured out yet. I also wonder if there isn't some fender in there...

That seems to rule out Amplitube British (if there is boogie/fender stuff). So then I start to think we can narrow it down to amplitube 3 or possibly......maybe.......AT david gilmour.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:12 pm

[edit - couldn't find the reference or get the dates right lol] Oh and some of the stuff in there may have already been modeled, seems a couple of things aren't mentioned, and did I say there were a few more new pics now?

hibidy
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This, coming from the guy who expected 2010 NAMM announcement and 2011 release? :)
You guys are never going to live that one down :P

And, I think my deductions are rather sherlock oriented :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”