drivers for Emu 1820m in Win7 x64?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are no Emu drivers for 1820m card for Win7 x64, so I'm wondering between two options: Emu old XP and Vista x64 drivers, or kx drivers?
Does anyone have experiences or any other info about kx drivers?
Thanks!

hi, i installed kx drivers under win7 and they work with an old Soundblaster, but i have no idea about the EMU 1820m (i have it, the DAW is still with Xp, and actually your post makes me think about staying with it!)...
Well i understand my post does not help...

good luck! (to all EMU soundcards owner, i would say)

I'm using the Emu 1616M vista x64 drivers on win 7 x64.
Work well on my system.

I have a 1820m running on Windows 7 Professional x64 and the Vista x64 drivers work fine.

Using Emu 1820m and the 2.1 drivers most definitely do work on win7 x86+x64

Many thanks, guys!

There is a Win 7 beat that I just installed. Significantly better low latency performance over the Vista driver!
All I live for is a good eulogy.

jw1023 wrote:I'm using the Emu 1616M vista x64 drivers on win 7 x64.
Work well on my system.
+1. Same specs here, no problems.
Cowbells!

Tonehenge wrote:There is a Win 7 beat that I just installed. Significantly better low latency performance over the Vista driver!
I use Win7 32bit. Did Emu just release these drivers ? I have been trying to get my 1820 fully working on Win7, using the Vista drivers, and finally lost it.. the issue being that while the ASIO drivers work fine, default windows applications like the media player and all will output audio only if the card is manually set to 48Khz.

Emu support is crazy. Some of their reverts are beyond believable. They have idiots sitting on their support desk. I recently have been having a hardware problem with the 1820 dock, and I sent them a mail with a detailed and easy to understand defination of one switch not working, and asked them for the contact of a authorised service centre in Asia. this is the revert i got :
The best thing that you should consider is to check your computer's
configuration first and do some maintainance on the operating system
before attempting to service the switch.
Not Buying EMU again.

Sidhu

I've installed the beta drivers for the 1616m on Win 7 x64 but I am not getting any WDM audio

???

Anyone had any luck with the windows media not working in windows 7? I have the same thing, if you use the original drivers the windows media works but the latency is 51 milliseconds (unusable), if you install the new drivers, the latency goes down to 4 milliseconds, but no windows media. This means you can't preview samples when replacing drum sounds in cubase 5, for example. I heard somewhere someone knew how to fix this. Would GREATLY apreciate help on this- thanks

The Sample rate needs to be changed in the Windows control panel app for sound to match up with the one being used in patchmix. For example, if patchmix is set to 44.1 windows will default to 48 and therefore windows sounds will not play. Can't remember exactly where it is now as I'm not at a Windows 7 machine.

i just got a new PC w/ Win 7 x64, i'm going to try the new beta driver, but will the Patchmix app (2.1 i believe) work as well? i'm a little confused at this point...

the patchmix works fine. The drivers (beta) work well. Only issue is yoiu need to manually set the sync to 48khz (in patchmix) for any windows sound playback. Will work ASIO irrespective.

thanks for the info, i'm going to install the 1820 tonight and check it out...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”