Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote:I think that it should be installed last as it overwrites / replaces some other files with the latest versions.

By installing in alphabetical order, the DM2 Misc kits files would have been installed, and then some files may have been replaced by files from the subsequent kits that were installed. Those replacement files could have earlier dates and so not be the right ones.

It might be sufficient and OK just to run the DM2 Misc Kits install again. I haven't needed to do that so cannot be 100% certain. But make sure you get the latest version of the Library Installer from www.sonicreality.com (you need to register there to be able to download files).
Thanks, man! :tu:

Other than the DM2 Misc Kits, are there any other kits that need to be installed in a certain order?

I want to try installing the DM2 Misc Kits again with the latest version of the Library Installer but I am unable to register at sonicreality.com -- it accepted my registration data and told me to look in my email for an account activation message but it never sent that message. And when I try to login and pretend that I lost my password and click on the lost password link and then enter my email address and click Get Password, it displays a white screen with the following message:

The e-mail could not be sent.
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Why doesn't Signature Gadd Snare's output route properly to the snare mix channel?

Try, for instance, the Ungaddly hybrid kit. The snare is on the kick channel, even that on the instrument itself it says it's on the snare channel... I cannot find out how to fix this.

Jus11 wrote:Why doesn't Signature Gadd Snare's output route properly to the snare mix channel?

Try, for instance, the Ungaddly hybrid kit. The snare is on the kick channel, even that on the instrument itself it says it's on the snare channel... I cannot find out how to fix this.
Open the editor of the Snare Instrument->click on the group editor->select all groups->on the lower right you'll find the Output section for the selected groups->chosse the Snare Outputs->Done.

That's how I do it with the full version of Kontakt 4.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think that that level of editing can be done if you just have Kontakt Player. If so, then SR will need to issue a patch fix.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thank you both very much. I will try that with my Kontakt 3.5 (full). I knew there must be that extra level of editing, just did not know how to find it (well, reading the manual carefully would have helped...)

However, I also think that there is not this deep level of editing available in Kontakt Player. So some other guys or gals would perhaps like to have a patch update. (Squids, please note.)

in the Sequel GB thread, rdomain wrote:Just a quick question (or point me in the direction of the support thread as I couldn't find it).

I'm on OSX and I've got the Ultimate Drum Group Buy installed successfully. Due to the size of it, I now want to move all the samples etc to an external drive. What's the easiest way to do this? I know where the Infinite Player folder is. Do I just drag the Samples folder to the external and redirect the player to the new location?

Thanks!
Not quite. You need to move the complete Infinite Player folder not just the Samples sub-folder.

If you can, COPY the folder and its contents to the new disk, rename the old folder. Then, in Kontakt, point at the new folder location, and Rebuild the database. That should do it.

If all is OK then you can delete the original (renamed) folder.
Inspired by ...

Thanks for that Darkstar, I'll give that a shot now.

Cheers!
aritchie.com

Success!
aritchie.com

As the Rev would say "Have faith, my son" :)

Or George Michael "You've gotta have faith ..."
Inspired by ...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Jus11 wrote:Why doesn't Signature Gadd Snare's output route properly to the snare mix channel?

Open the editor of the Snare Instrument->click on the group editor->select all groups->on the lower right you'll find the Output section for the selected groups->chosse the Snare Outputs->Done.

No, you don't have to do all that. Anyone can do it with the player in two seconds. Right underneath the patch name in the GUI you have the output assignment. Just change it from Kick to Snare. Easy. When we do the Global Patch Update 3 with the V-Drum hi hat (which will be ready next week!) we'll sweep through and check output settings like that and just do it for you. If you see any others you want to flag let us know but we'll fix that one and have a look at them ourselves and see. Not a big deal. It's good for you to know your EASY output assignment and we'll make sure that is in the manual for DM2 which you guys can also have which is coming very soon as well.

DarkStar wrote:
in the Sequel GB thread, rdomain wrote:Just a quick question (or point me in the direction of the support thread as I couldn't find it).

I'm on OSX and I've got the Ultimate Drum Group Buy installed successfully. Due to the size of it, I now want to move all the samples etc to an external drive. What's the easiest way to do this? I know where the Infinite Player folder is. Do I just drag the Samples folder to the external and redirect the player to the new location?

Thanks!
Not quite. You need to move the complete Infinite Player folder not just the Samples sub-folder.

If you can, COPY the folder and its contents to the new disk, rename the old folder. Then, in Kontakt, point at the new folder location, and Rebuild the database. That should do it.

If all is OK then you can delete the original (renamed) folder.
What you need to do is move the Infinite Player folder with all of your Instruments, Multis, Samples and info.nkx files and folders inside to your new location on another hard drive. (Or you can even copy it and you don't even have to rename it).

Then you click the "Remove" button on your Infinite Player library interface on the left side of Kontakt. No worries you can get it back. Then you click on "Add Library" and point to it on the new hard drive... and it will come back but this time referencing your new location! That's it. This can be done in less than a minute.

We're putting these things into a video manual as well. Seeing is believing. Hath faith is ye Squids.

Squids wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

No, you don't have to do all that. Anyone can do it with the player in two seconds. Right underneath the patch name in the GUI you have the output assignment. Just change it from Kick to Snare. Easy. When we do the Global Patch Update 3 with the V-Drum hi hat (which will be ready next week!) we'll sweep through and check output settings like that and just do it for you. If you see any others you want to flag let us know but we'll fix that one and have a look at them ourselves and see. Not a big deal. It's good for you to know your EASY output assignment and we'll make sure that is in the manual for DM2 which you guys can also have which is coming very soon as well.
Squids, with this particular snare, doing that changes the name of the output in the snare instrument window BUT there is not any effect on the routing itself, in other words, in the mixer window of Kontakt the snare is still on the kick channel. I've tried that a dozen times.

Anyway, it's not a big deal as I can manage by the way Sampleconstruct taught.
Although doing it that way seems not to activate the auxes of the instrument... they are dead.

I'm not sure if I've applied the last global patch from the group buy.
Is there a way I could check this and\or can I just re-apply the update without buggering anything up?

Thanks

Chester Desmond wrote:I'm not sure if I've applied the last global patch from the group buy.
Is there a way I could check this and\or can I just re-apply the update without buggering anything up?

Thanks
You can just re-apply it no problem.

Jus11 wrote:
Squids wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Squids, with this particular snare, doing that changes the name of the output in the snare instrument window BUT there is not any effect on the routing itself, in other words, in the mixer window of Kontakt the snare is still on the kick channel. I've tried that a dozen times.

Anyway, it's not a big deal as I can manage by the way Sampleconstruct taught.
Although doing it that way seems not to activate the auxes of the instrument... they are dead.
Really? That's bizarre. We'll look into it and see why that is.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”