Jarre Synth . . .

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sequent wrote:I think he had a designer go "poof" on him.
I guess you don't know British slang terms very well... :hihi:

I guess not. :?
robojam wrote:
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I'm not familiar with that either... is that a term for farting? That's just about the only thing I can relate to a poofing sound... :?

robojam wrote:
:hihi:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

google.com or urbandictionary.com (first google hit for "poof") will tell you what you need to know...

Oh, OK, it's also what I thought, but I guess you were referring to the first meaning, right? OK, kind of funny :hihi:

Most ppl think my designer is a poof already. If he were to go poof then I would be in trouble - or all my troubles would be ended. I'm not sure which.

:)

Thanks once again to all for your kind comments and great advice!

I would like to design a couple more interfaces (when I get the time) and post them here for you guys to have a look at.

Any suggestions as to what I could design?

:D :D :D
Last edited by steven_james on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IS it a ROMpler?

;P

steven_james wrote:Thanks once again to all for your kind comments and great advice!

I would like to maybe design a couple more interfaces (when I get the time) and post them here for you guys to have a look at.

Any suggestions as to what I could design?

xhip from acidose http://xhip.cjb.net/ . That link was down when I just tried it though.Aguru's Voyager sound could fit the skin you posted probably moreso than xhip.

Any ideas at all would be welcome . . .

:) :) :)

steven_james wrote:Any suggestions as to what I could design?

I've noticed that Synth1 is a very popular instrument, yet the GUI is pretty ugly. Perhaps you should give that a go. If you get it right, then your design would be seen by a lot of computer musicians from all over the world.

I found an article on KVR regarding seperating bitmaps from DLL's. It seems quite easy but i'm certainly no graphic designer.

Simoon wrote:

I've noticed that Synth1 is a very popular instrument, yet the GUI is pretty ugly. Perhaps you should give that a go. If you get it right, then your design would be seen by a lot of computer musicians from all over the world.

I found an article on KVR regarding seperating bitmaps from DLL's. It seems quite easy but i'm certainly no graphic designer.
I would have also said LennarDigital Sylenth1 :).

K-Slash wrote:
Simoon wrote:

I would have also said LennarDigital Sylenth1 :).
+1
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

steven_james, I am in the final stages of upgrading 'Flex-n-Stein' .... the synth which was used in the One-Synth-Challenge11, xmas comp.

I will be releasing it as a freebie, so there's no money in it, but I would be more than happy for you to do the layout/GUI. Judging by the positive comments I recieved re. Flex-N-Stein4, I'm sure there are gonna be a lot of downloads of the new version, and having your name on a well constructed panel will do you no harm at all in terms of building up a reputation as a GUI artist.

My skills and patience level when it comes to skinning synths are minimal, so I'm happy to offer you a lot of scope and autonomy in the design process.

PM me if you want to have a go, and I'll give you more info :)

Return to “Instruments”