deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no more comments on a 1000 hits?
Last edited by wavephonic on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorgeous tune guys. Vocals are particularly well recorded and mixed. The drumming gets a bit too loose for my tastes in parts but it sounds nice and "human". Nice piano playing.

Anyways, smokey, philosophical, free, very good things in my books :) Great job.

ed, really lovely song! parts of it are just gorgeous, but I'm having trouble staying with the drum groove at the key change! Jasmine's voice sounds sexy and smokey, and your keys are hot! Well done you guys :-)

thanks guys! I know, I know, the drums lol. I had some liquid refreshments before I played them on my midi kit. not sure why I left them as is.. lazy, playful, I dunno.

sazb30 wrote:ed, really lovely song! parts of it are just gorgeous, but I'm having trouble staying with the drum groove at the key change! Jasmine's voice sounds sexy and smokey, and your keys are hot! Well done you guys :-)
+1

Jas voice fits very well but the real surprise for me is your excellent piano playing. Never heard you before but you really rock ... eeerm wait a minute, I mean jazz :D
Lovely chord progressions too. Congrats again to both of you :tu:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

zeoy wrote:
sazb30 wrote:ed, really lovely song! parts of it are just gorgeous, but I'm having trouble staying with the drum groove at the key change! Jasmine's voice sounds sexy and smokey, and your keys are hot! Well done you guys :-)
+1

Jas voice fits very well but the real surprise for me is your excellent piano playing. Never heard you before but you really rock ... eeerm wait a minute, I mean jazz :D
Lovely chord progressions too. Congrats again to both of you :tu:
hey, ya know funny thing that. I start writing most of my songs from the piano then for some reason pick up the guitar or flip on the synth. you got me on the faithful tune and the piano stuck with me, so I hid the guitar and moved the synth out. lol, was nice to get on the piano and take it to the end.
I get that to ya soon as I can. I think I've listened to branford marsalis a bit much lately. the cd random abstract has the drummer and everyone else for that matter playing totally different songs, nothing in time or shape. hence my silly drumtrack. to be honest though, I like it just the way it is.
talk to ya soon

wavephonic wrote:jasmine and I just keep trying different stuff for the hell of it. last one we rocked it up a bit, this one we slowed it down a bit.

Toward Your Light
Yeah Man! Me likes! Sounds like someones having some fun!!!

What are you using for piano/bass/FX? :?:

WOW. Nice, I can't really tell you anything to improve on other then the drums being a little sparse.
But i didn't mind too much, what did you use for those drums? I've gone on an epic quest for good soft/brushed drums, these sound excellent...
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

quayquay17 wrote: I've gone on an epic quest for good soft/brushed drums, these sound excellent...
ya its nice to have those around, I used a combination of Pettinhouse and Soniccouture brush kits, both free and with the best sounds from the 2 of them you got a good kit.
thanks for the listen and thoughts

Return to “Music Cafe”