Judgement (classical music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Kraku
KVRian
1408 posts since 13 Oct, 2003 from Prague, Czech Republic

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:21 am

This time I made classical music.

Judgement

Gear used:
- Logic Pro 9
- East West Symphonic Orchestra

Mumbai
KVRist
34 posts since 5 Jun, 2005

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 am

Like it, nice smooth movement. Good mood for the end of winter. Thanks!

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
11777 posts since 21 Jun, 2008

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am

Nice. I enjoyed this. Thank you.

Kraku
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 am

Glad that you liked it! :) Thanks for the comments!

folderol
KVRAF
4781 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

I enjoyed this, but as a classical piece I didn't feel it really led anywhere, and the end came a bit unexpectedly.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

PurpleCatfishBettie
KVRAF
3259 posts since 22 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 pm

This is beautiful.

The only thing i might add, would be to put in a bit of 'stepwise movement' here and there. A very simple version of this would be; say you have a iiº at some point; enter the chord from an entirely sharp or flat position, then slide into the iiº proper; ie, if you were in 'A minor,' slide into bdf from cd#f#, or a#c#e.

Also, maybe here and there, substitute IV for iv, or #viºmin7 for a straight VI.

And as it is, you are already doing a couple of interesting things. In particular are; the brief modulation into seemingly 'Major' (can't suss out the specifics with my ear), and the apparent move from the 7 note to the #7 at certain points.

Be that as it may, this sort of reminds me of Eleanor Rigby.

Keep it up!

Kraku
KVRian

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 am

mrblitz000 wrote:This is beautiful.

The only thing i might add, would be to put in a bit of 'stepwise movement' here and there. A very simple version of this would be; say you have a iiº at some point; enter the chord from an entirely sharp or flat position, then slide into the iiº proper; ie, if you were in 'A minor,' slide into bdf from cd#f#, or a#c#e.

Also, maybe here and there, substitute IV for iv, or #viºmin7 for a straight VI.

And as it is, you are already doing a couple of interesting things. In particular are; the brief modulation into seemingly 'Major' (can't suss out the specifics with my ear), and the apparent move from the 7 note to the #7 at certain points.

Be that as it may, this sort of reminds me of Eleanor Rigby.

Keep it up!
Stepwise movement I understand but the rest of the music theory stuff goes a bit over my head since I haven't really studied that part of making music. I'll check out what all that meant and try it out :) I do understand the basic chord number (I..VI), but if they're upper/lower-case, then I'm in trouble.

But anyway, great comments. Thanks! I hope I'll learn something from them :)

Return to “Music Cafe”