ACE Steroids 210 New Presets For ACE -LeLotusBleu-

Official support for: u-he.com
Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:37 am

Hi folks,

Just to inform those who might be interested that :

ACE Steroids has been released :)

210 Fresh new instruments, available as a Grand Bundle, or as three separate thematic banks ( Asteroids 1/2/3 ) for those who would like to cover only specific needs.

All details there :

ACE Steroids Grand Bundle Page

Please note that the banks will only begin to ship (by Email :) ) tomorrow.

Here are the Asteroids audio demos ( more than 25 mn of audio demos atm so don't buy the hype :) )

As usual Naked truth audio demos. ( Not a single comp, EQing, external FX ( besides Global stereo reverb - Aether - because ACE doesnt come with reverb on board ) and Elephant Limiter on the master bus. When there are drums, the loops come from Zero-G ( I can give details should some people be interested in that )

First A short Funky DiscOo track : 8 Asteroids instruments

ACE Funky DiscOo

Now a 8'25" Demo of Asteroids One. Asteroids One covers Leads, Basses, Chords, "Guitarish" keys and Pluck instruments.

Asteroids One Leads and Basses

And Now a rather long Keys + Fx demo Added :) This is Asteroids 2 btw. It also includes a few "sequenceé type presets.

Asteroids 2 Keys and Fx

And now a rather short "Elektro Lounge demo"

ACE Elektro Lounge Minitrack

And finally the Pads and percussions Demo. Wich is the field covered by Asteroids 3.

Pads and Percussions Demo

All comments and questions welcomed, as usual :)

Thanks for reading and listening

Have a nice day :)

LtZ
Last edited by Lotuzia on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31379 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:44 am

Damn I'm going to have to do 10 more ACE patches now to catch up with you :)

Nice one Laurent :)

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 am

aMUSEd wrote:Damn I'm going to have to do 10 more ACE patches now to catch up with you :)

Nice one Laurent :)
Hi Stephen,

Yeah thanks for your kind comments :hug:

Well its not only about quantity as you know, quality is the best criteria imho. The 208 presets were never a goal in se, but just the number of instruments that were left after I made the selection of valid/usefull/interesting instruments :shrug: :)

That always the way I proceed btw, I make a lot of patches then I refined the selection, and well ..... only use what's left

Let me know if you're tempted by the release of commercial soundbanks in the future, Stephen. We're always looking for talented people here at Le Lotus Bleu :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31379 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks but my stuff is pretty amateurish in comparison

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
16673 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Is there a way to just buy the bundle without making an account on your site?

snigelx
KVRian
736 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from sweden

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 am

oh my oh my. i've been waiting for you to pop in with some sounds for U-he synths. you are a creative and knowledgeable designer in my book and i just love your "manuals" -- all over this like kids on ice cream :o :hihi:

red37
KVRian
616 posts since 17 Dec, 2008 from Liverpool

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 am

Bought! - No Brainer, as usual :tu:
'Fastest Filter in the West'

red37
KVRian
616 posts since 17 Dec, 2008 from Liverpool

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:07 am

Can i just say - it is an absolute pleasure buying your products Laurent. The included documentation is nothing short of being superb. Both in terms of content, comprehensively considered and the sheer value of the imparted 'tips+tricks' and other useful info besides.

I've only unzipped the file and perused the PDF so far, I have not even LISTENED to the soundbank yet (though i'm equally as certain that, too will be of the usual high quality)

Thankyou once again for all your hard work and dedication. :party:
'Fastest Filter in the West'

User avatar
ZombyWoof
KVRian
630 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:33 am

I bought it yesterday and sampled a few presets. Every one I touched was inspirational in some way, and I've just gotten started. Purchasing Laurent's soundsets is always a no-brainer. The quality manuals are a bonus as always.

snigelx
KVRian
736 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from sweden

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:18 am

Well, I've been sitting with this one all morning and here it is lunch time, if it wasn't for the new Ableton update doing odd things like changing parameters in seperate tracks when I employ multiple instances of ACE (GRRRR), I think I could start on my way with some new ideas.

Simply fascinating BROAD set of sounds Laurent. First we are fronted with an array of expressive basses that possess power in the lows (if desired) as well as having nice attacks to appear in a variety of mixes. Many of these favourited in this batch. (as a side: Woofer Terror nearly rattled a candle holder off the shelf on the wall...whoa.. this is one to use after much taming lol)

Nice KEY and LEAD work as well. They are expressive and effected in ways that spark immediate inspiration. I spent a lot of time there with the (key)guitar sounds. NICE FX patches too - you are good at the creative yet usable sounds (in all the sets of yours I own, not just this one). I believe this is where a great margin of skill lies. You seem to be able to grab that certain warmth of yesterday's synths/sounds but with a mind on the present and 'today's' compositions. I'm also enjoying the way you employ the map gen for various effects(glitches) on the top end. Made my day with this set. And last but definitely not least, the "manual". I haven't put any of the TIPS to use yet but they are very clearly explained. I learned some new techniques from this for sure. I only wish I had more time to devote to this stuff!!...grr

Yet another Highly Recommended commercial set for U-he ACE folks. This is quite possibly the favourite of the ACE offerings. Getting loads of inspiration from a lot of these patches.

I don't know what else to say. I just felt this needed the big shout it deserves. ...But BAG THIS before the intro offer ends. Although I would hands-down pay the full MRP on it anyday had I missed the offer...a no-brainer indeed.

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 am

pdxindy wrote:Is there a way to just buy the bundle without making an account on your site?
Check your Pm pxindy :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 am

red37 wrote:Can i just say - it is an absolute pleasure buying your products Laurent. The included documentation is nothing short of being superb. Both in terms of content, comprehensively considered and the sheer value of the imparted 'tips+tricks' and other useful info besides.

I've only unzipped the file and perused the PDF so far, I have not even LISTENED to the soundbank yet (though i'm equally as certain that, too will be of the usual high quality)

Thankyou once again for all your hard work and dedication. :party:
Hi Red37,

MAny thanks for your kind comments :)

I hope you'll keepthe same smile when browsing the presets.

As for the manual, there would be so much to say about Ace. I see it as just the way to transmit a bit more of the experience we have, as sound designers, confronted wuth the same GUI for weeks :)

It was more easy to do it for ACE, because I happen to have translated part of ACE factory manual in French for U-He recently, so that I was sure this time that my tips would not duplicate something people could find easily in the standard manual that comes with ACE. :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 am

ZombyWoof wrote:I bought it yesterday and sampled a few presets. Every one I touched was inspirational in some way, and I've just gotten started. Purchasing Laurent's soundsets is always a no-brainer. The quality manuals are a bonus as always.
Hi ZombyWoof,

Yeah glad you find them inspirational :hug:

Well its our best reward indeed !

All the best for your music and hope that our instruments will help to keep you inspired ! :D

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia
KVRAF
10241 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 am

snigelx wrote:Well, I've been sitting with this one all morning and here it is lunch time, if it wasn't for the new Ableton update doing odd things like changing parameters in seperate tracks when I employ multiple instances of ACE (GRRRR), I think I could start on my way with some new ideas.

Simply fascinating BROAD set of sounds Laurent. First we are fronted with an array of expressive basses that possess power in the lows (if desired) as well as having nice attacks to appear in a variety of mixes. Many of these favourited in this batch. (as a side: Woofer Terror nearly rattled a candle holder off the shelf on the wall...whoa.. this is one to use after much taming lol)

Nice KEY and LEAD work as well. They are expressive and effected in ways that spark immediate inspiration. I spent a lot of time there with the (key)guitar sounds. NICE FX patches too - you are good at the creative yet usable sounds (in all the sets of yours I own, not just this one). I believe this is where a great margin of skill lies. You seem to be able to grab that certain warmth of yesterday's synths/sounds but with a mind on the present and 'today's' compositions. I'm also enjoying the way you employ the map gen for various effects(glitches) on the top end. Made my day with this set. And last but definitely not least, the "manual". I haven't put any of the TIPS to use yet but they are very clearly explained. I learned some new techniques from this for sure. I only wish I had more time to devote to this stuff!!...grr

Yet another Highly Recommended commercial set for U-he ACE folks. This is quite possibly the favourite of the ACE offerings. Getting loads of inspiration from a lot of these patches.

I don't know what else to say. I just felt this needed the big shout it deserves. ...But BAG THIS before the intro offer ends. Although I would hands-down pay the full MRP on it anyday had I missed the offer...a no-brainer indeed.
Hi Snigelx,

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: what an in depth minireview of the soundbank.

Its really fascinating for me to read such a detailed description on the perception some musicians might have when browsing our instruments ! :D

I could answer for hours to this thread but to avoid beeing boring I'd say in short that my main inspiration for the instruments will always remain the human voice and then the electric and acoustic instruments. I spend a lot of times studying how different musicians play different instruments. Its a kind of obsession with the musical gesture :hihi: :help:

So that if a synth sound can be a third as expressive as can be the human voice, then I'm very happy and think I've made a good job :)

Expressivness and joy of playing are all that matters in the end. (imho)

And your post certainly made my day too, so many thanks for that :hug:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

red37
KVRian
616 posts since 17 Dec, 2008 from Liverpool

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 am

All round Win then 8)

Buy it folks! - this is a fabulous set.
'Fastest Filter in the West'

Return to “u-he”