One-Synth-Challenge 16 ... Texture!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

abstractcats wrote:
glokraw wrote: Its a great choice, your Highness, but with the price of tomatoes out here, you're pretty safe. :) And the calculating the windage between here and the Cumberland is too
daunting to risk a rock-salt pot shot :hihi:
And you could put an eye out with that, then I'd only see one side of daw and never do anything other then a one channel mono production :D
You could do two entries, one panned hard to to the left,
so the right entry could win this time around. :wink:

glokraw wrote:
abstractcats wrote:
glokraw wrote: Its a great choice, your Highness, but with the price of tomatoes out here, you're pretty safe. :) And the calculating the windage between here and the Cumberland is too
daunting to risk a rock-salt pot shot :hihi:
And you could put an eye out with that, then I'd only see one side of daw and never do anything other then a one channel mono production :D
You could do two entries, one panned hard to to the left,
so the right entry could win this time around. :wink:
:lol:

ugo wrote:I can't wait to hear what everyone comes up with. :hyper:
Could have dished it up with String Theory which is one of my all time fav free VSTi, but last was StringZ and now your Texture so I guess it will be a while before it becomes an OSC synth it seems.. :shrug: ;)

Anyway, started my Texture track already and making some progress. Getting some interesting sounds out of it.

Is sampling Texture allowed, i might join in on the fun.

Hivefleetmegalon ... cheers for the submission! .. :)

XGmode, sampling is generally discouraged in OSC.
I'm just back from a gig and need to get to bed, so I'll try and explain why as briefly as I can rather than leave you hanging on without a response( if any oscers can find a page where this has previously been discussed, that would be great! ). :help:

We sometimes allow sampling in cases where the featured synth is heavy on cpu to the extent that not enough instances can be run to do the basics without maxing out.... but I dont expect this is the case with Texture ... if I'm wrong, I am prepared to be corrected.
In cases where sampling is allowed, it is under strict conditions. The sample must be rendered direct from the output of the synth, and cannot be repitched.
permitted fx can be applied to the sample in the mix, but sampling of either the synth or the sample after an effect is not allowed.
Fx used on the sample (in the mix) are governed by the same rules as fx on the synth ... with particular attention to that part re. transformation beyond recognition ( see p.1 )

So there are the basic rules re. samples when sampling is permitted, but I dont think we will be opening up the sampling option in this comp ... unless there are indeed cpu issues with texture, or your own particular system makes it difficult to use/prog a reasonable number of instances of Texture to create a decent track. If you have such difficulties, or any difficulties at all in creating a track with Texture in the usual way, please tell us about it ... there's a lot of experience around in this thread, and I'm sure you'll get any help you need :)

tattiemannie wrote:Hivefleetmegalon ... cheers for the submission! .. :)

XGmode, sampling is generally discouraged in OSC.
I'm just back from a gig and need to get to bed, so I'll try and explain why as briefly as I can rather than leave you hanging on without a response( if any oscers can find a page where this has previously been discussed, that would be great! ). :help:

We sometimes allow sampling in cases where the featured synth is heavy on cpu to the extent that not enough instances can be run to do the basics without maxing out.... but I dont expect this is the case with Texture ... if I'm wrong, I am prepared to be corrected.
In cases where sampling is allowed, it is under strict conditions. The sample must be rendered direct from the output of the synth, and cannot be repitched.
permitted fx can be applied to the sample in the mix, but sampling of either the synth or the sample after an effect is not allowed.
Fx used on the sample (in the mix) are governed by the same rules as fx on the synth ... with particular attention to that part re. transformation beyond recognition ( see p.1 )

So there are the basic rules re. samples when sampling is permitted, but I dont think we will be opening up the sampling option in this comp ... unless there are indeed cpu issues with texture, or your own particular system makes it difficult to use/prog a reasonable number of instances of Texture to create a decent track. If you have such difficulties, or any difficulties at all in creating a track with Texture in the usual way, please tell us about it ... there's a lot of experience around in this thread, and I'm sure you'll get any help you need :)
I think the sampling issue came up at the Rogue OSC.

Hmm, cant find it, could take more time then any of us has. I say let Tattie make the choice about using rendered wavs for the OSC?

We could run a two to three day poll to see what every one says, Yay or nay?
Just a thought, Hay! I had a thought!!...OUCH!! :dog:

:-o :? wha? just suddenly awoke...a disturbance in the Force :hyper:

Ok, i'll start things off this month:

Rosemary's Redheaded Stepchild, by mrblitz000

4 instances of Texture 1.2 VSTI, Renoise 2.5 host, Buzmaxi3 on tracks, Classic Limiter on main out, Renoise EQ applied here and there.

tattiemannie wrote: ..unless there are indeed cpu issues with texture, or your own particular system makes it difficult to use/prog a reasonable number of instances of Texture to create a decent track. If you have such difficulties, or any difficulties at all in creating a track with Texture in the usual way, please tell us about it
Nah, there are no CPU issues with Texture..and atm i have 13 instances running under Renoise, CPU is still only 30% max.

The problem is i can't get a stable kick.
I'm using the kick2 preset a little bit tweaked to beaf up the kick, but the kick sounds different at every note-on hehe. The loudness changes also, i get sudden peaks (i do try to limit/compress the sound, but so far it hasn't worked as i want ).

I just want to sample the kick, rest is fine.

Any tips?

On second thought, nevermind.. i'll leave it like this, sounds kinda analoque hehe.

@ugo: great presets!

Wow, this thing just keeps crashing and crashing and crashing.
I wanted to join in this time but i guess I must wait until a synth is chosen that works better on my system. sorry !
waiting for next month...

planet ugh wrote:Wow, this thing just keeps crashing and crashing and crashing.
I wanted to join in this time but i guess I must wait until a synth is chosen that works better on my system. sorry !
waiting for next month...
That sounds like the SE multi-core bug - if your DAW has the option, try disabling multi-coreprocessing.

Same with me...
No problem opening and playing it, but when i close the current synth display, cubase just freezes and i have to press Strg+Alt+Entf to get the whole thing closed. Does someone know if cubase can switch to "singlecore".
I have a 925 quad-core processor - 6GB DDR3

:love:
Very great prizes!!!
Maybe my greed will force me finally to make some work? :hihi:
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music

I heard another workaround for the synthedit/multicore bug is to make multiple instances of the .dll file, each with a different name, and load them separately into the host.

Return to “Instruments”