lineman

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

short'n'sweet dreamy kinda dub(step)ish cover of a luvverly 60s tune:

lineman

enjoy. :-)

Great sounds in this song
Don't know what dubstep is, but i like it ! Shame it so short

k

nice, what (vst/synth) are you using for the bass. really deep, just as dubstep needs to be.
www.zelectricband.com
|
follow us on twitter: @zelectric_band

sounds good, I love the perfectly outre-ized feel of it

Cheers

Well, you know how to press my buttons. :)

Nicely twisted sir.

p.s. I've used several lineman samples in my tracks over the last year or so. One notable event here:

The End Of Nature

at about 1:42
Image Image

highly cinematic in scope. good choice of a track for this treatment, it has a sort of distant nostalgic feel that is well-suited to your brand of manipulation.

rachmiel+jimmywebbFTW! :D

Eerie and with a slightly disembodied sadness. I like it. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Wonderful :) I think it's too much autopanning though. Maybe set static positions for some of the samples at least?

I like the rhythm a lot.

Would have been happy listening to more of that - great sounds!
Savaran - Ambient, Soundscaping and Electronic tracks at Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/savaran

I have no idea what the original song is, but this is a comforting track to listen to. Was this for the Ootray pop mashup? Very pleasant.

Jazzyspoon wrote:I have no idea what the original song is, but this is a comforting track to listen to. Was this for the Ootray pop mashup? Very pleasant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qoymGCDYzU

One of the best songs ever! :D

many thanks to those who subjected themselves to this little monkey, my first foray into (quasi-)dubstep. i've been letting it sit here and observing the responses for a few days, waiting to chime in.

CHIME!

1. i understand the "it's too short" comment; might even agree with it. the piece works (kinda sorta) as a miniature, but it might work even better as a full-length-ish track.

2. all the (non wichita lineman) sounds are modded mixes of free "ambient" samples that were included with a recent Computer Music magazine.

3. i chose to cover wichita lineman because i find it beautiful (especially this glen campbell arrangement) despite -- perhaps because of -- its being perilously close to über-sentimental camp/kitsch. so there's an element of ironic humor in the piece ... that i'm not sure came off?

the kitsch spook speaks loud & clear, not to worry.

I just think it's a great song. My guess is, a sincere love song really.

I hear you sangin thru the wire
I can hear you thru the whine

I've been there.

Return to “Music Cafe”