3am - older than dirt (15+ minutes of noise)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.3amnoise.net/olderthandirt.mp3

Well, at least you warned me :wink:

too short :band:

tagged for innabit.

Sounds like a modem transmission.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

good lord amercy.
These are truly among the most hideous sounds I've heard in the world.

I'm constantly seeing Richard Devine in front of his modular while listening to this. This has to mean something good :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I'm constantly seeing Richard Devine in front of his modular while listening to this. This has to mean something good :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis
Well the whole thing came from just 3 eurorack modules. The sound sources are a pair of Wiard/Malekko Oscillators (which modulate each other) controlled by a Wiard/Malekko Noisering (which is also modulated by the oscillators. All of that interacting modulation and feedback produced somewhat interesting chaos, I think the best of it is in the last 5 minutes.

Thanks for listening!

jancivil wrote:These are truly among the most hideous sounds I've heard in the world.
Thanks, my thoughts eggs-zachery!

has manic miner loaded yet?
nasty noises from a very tidy looking patch.

justin3am wrote:
jancivil wrote:These are truly among the most hideous sounds I've heard in the world.
I don't mean in audio production, I mean in ALL THE WORLD. And I hate me some sounds you know.

so, good job? :)

jancivil wrote:
justin3am wrote:
I don't mean in audio production, I mean in ALL THE WORLD. And I hate me some sounds you know.

damn, i must try harder :cry:

that "last five minutes" tip is for real and sincere helpful to know, that part is quite interesting in its bloopaliciousness.

the start does give me a sort of flashback to 1995 modem days.

jancivil wrote:
justin3am wrote:

Yeah, that's a compliment! When that sound came out of my headphones my first thought was "this is too ugly not to share!" It's like when you make a fart so putrid, you have to call someone into the room to experience it with you.

Hope it was an experience worth having. :)

jmeier wrote:that "last five minutes" tip is for real and sincere helpful to know, that part is quite interesting in its bloopaliciousness.

the start does give me a sort of flashback to 1995 modem days.
I don't even know how those last few parts happened, I mean when you think about what's going on at a voltage level it's really weird that those stutters and sweeps are happening. It really just should have been noise but there were a few sweet spots that I felt were pretty cool. :tu:

Thumbs up. Like it. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”