Good Free DirectX VST Wrapper?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
pheeleep
KVRAF
2829 posts since 11 Jun, 2003

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Hello.

Using Goldwave, I just read that I need a DirectX VST wrapper to be able to use my VST plugins. Do you know of a good free DirectX VST wrapper please?

Thank you!
Play it by ear

brok landers
KVRAF
6116 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:58 pm

here's a better solution:

http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip

this converts all installed dx plugins to valid vst plugins.
there's an exe in the zip and a dxshell.dll/dxishell.dll. just drop the appropiate dll onto the exe and there's a folder created at the same location the exe is placed. in that folder are the created vst versions. just copy the vst versions into your vst plugin folder where your host will find them. beware, this procedere converts _all_ dx plugins, make sure you just copy the ones you need to your vst plugin folder. however, there might be plugins that refuse to work if they're strictly bound to a specipic host (i.e. some plugs by cakewalk don't work, they are giving you the appropiate message when you try to load them). also beware that, if you have waves plugins installed, these are dx plugins by nature, they'll be converted, too.
other than these minor issues this worked flawless for me.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

pheeleep
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks but I need the opposite :wink: I need to be able to use VST's in an editor (Goldwave) that currently only supported DX plugins. I understand that I need a DX wrapper to load the VST in it. I know these exist, but I have only found info dating a few years back on these. One version was released in 2002.. what's the latest and greatest free wrapper please?
Play it by ear

brok landers
KVRAF
6116 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm

:dog: stupid me... :)
well, i don't know of any... sorry...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

tongsong
KVRist
297 posts since 12 May, 2005

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:44 pm

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vb-audio/us ... dxrack.htm

dunno if this one works for you, havent try it myself, there s a free ver at the bottom

Optomadic
KVRAF
6125 posts since 18 Oct, 2007

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:18 am

Very old and will probably not support all modern VST's

SpinAudio VST-DX wrapper lite

Also, SpinAudio is no longer alive afaict..

yup..
This was the best :hihi:..
stay juicy!

pheeleep
KVRAF

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 am

Weird that the only ones available are old.. I guess not many people still have a use for this. Goldwave is working on supporting VST so I may end up just using Fl Studio when I need to use VST Plugins. I can do most of the editing work in Goldwave without using external VST's..

Thanks for the answers KVR'ians
Play it by ear

chuck death
KVRian
1075 posts since 16 Jun, 2007

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Acon Digital Effect Chainer does what you want and more. As the name suggests it allows you to chain VSTs or DX plug ins in either a VST or DX host. It was last updated in 2007 so I think it's the most recently updated plug in that will load VSTs into a Direct X Host.

Return to “Effects”