Ignite Amps NRR1 - FREE 3 ch. tube preamp sim by Alu (Wild Hades)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
metalifuxx
KVRAF
2312 posts since 23 Mar, 2005 from Detroit

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Alu from Guitarampmodeling wrote:Ok guys, for me, this is without a doubt the most important thread I've ever opened in this community...

After 11 months of work, I'm proud to release my first amp simulator: NRR1

Main features
− Dynamic 12AX7 / ECC83 coupled triode stages analog modeling
− Three channels: clean, rhythm and lead, each with fully separated controls
− Selectable Mono / Stereo processing support
− Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
− Global input / output level controls
− Double precision floating point operations support
− Fully automatable controls

Fully coded in C++ using the Steinberg VST SDK 2.4

GUI Front:

GUI Rear:

Make sure to read the manual, expecially the part about input / output levels and volume controls.
Follow the instructions to install it (just copy the file into your VST folder), use the NRR1_NoSSE.dll file only if you have a really old machine without SSE support.
DO NOT COPY BOTH DLLs INTO YOUR VST FOLDER TO AVOID POSSIBLE DAW ISSUES ON PLUGIN RECOGNIZING

I'd like to thank, once again, LePou and Onqel for their help and suggestions and for all the interesting discussions we had about analog modeling.
Thanks to Junior Paiz too for his tests and feedback.

Download link:
http://www.igniteamps.com/audioplugins/ ... _1_0_0.zip

Enjoy

NOTE: remember that this plugin is a preamp simulator, so you'll need to use a cabinet simulation after it. Best to use an Impulse Response based plugin, like LeCab from LePou.
Alu is Wild Hades on KVR
Last edited by metalifuxx on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

GeorgeZ
KVRAF
2908 posts since 29 May, 2009 from New Zealand

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Surprisingly responsive! Cheers for the heads up mate!
Eternitysound VST Banks

tman2k (Meathook Audio)
KVRist
363 posts since 2 Mar, 2008 from London, Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Also, the clean channel on this amp works GREAT for bass too!

Load up LeCab in the chain after NRR1, and load it up with a couple of good bass cab impulses. I used a couple of Redwirez impulses (one SVT and one Hartke), and the bass had so much punch, I have two black eyes now!

This is an amazing piece of freeware...don't let the cost throw you off. In 5 minutes, I was able to dial in a better bass tone than I have ever been able to get with Amplitube 3...
Terry @ Meathook Audio

PurpleCatfishBettie
KVRAF
3259 posts since 22 Jul, 2009

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:17 am

This looks interesting. I'll have to give it a whirl. Metalifuxx, thanks for the notification; and Alu (if you're around) thanks for the plug-in!

Wild Hades
KVRist
176 posts since 6 Sep, 2007

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:08 am

Wow, that's a nice surprise!
Thanks metalifuxx for posting it here, much appreciated.
the bass had so much punch, I have two black eyes now!
ahah! Good one! :D
I also like the Rhythm channel with boost off and low gain for the bass, in case you're searching for some dirtyness.
and Alu (if you're around) thanks for the plug-in!
Yeah, I'm around, thank you for your interest! ;)

v1o
KVRAF
1500 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:18 pm

I'll give this a go thanks.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

NAS
KVRAF
2427 posts since 13 Sep, 2004

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Really liking the sound of this so far, seems to have a bit more gain than lecto which was my current favourite
I am getting the odd glitch here and there in Reaper though when using the highest oversampling setting (Could be a reaper pref to fix this, i will experiment with that)
Also quite high CPU here too on my net laptop which i test all plugins on
25% CPU usage on 2 ghz Celeron M with 1 gig of RAM

Other than those couple of issues for me i would say this is a definitely a nice head

NAS
Omerta

Wild Hades
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:43 am

NAS, sorry to hear about your issues, but they're dued to the NRR1 CPU usage paired with a pretty old machine...

I suggest you to use 4x oversampling and eventually switch to 8x if you have to render your tracks or before freezing.

I know the CPU usage is not ultra-low on NRR1, but that was the best I could do without affecting the sound quality. Keep in mind that the lead channel has 7 triode stages to process and a pretty complex tonestack, while rhythm and clean have 6 stages.

Thanks for trying it out!

musicbird
KVRist
64 posts since 12 Feb, 2010 from Germany/US

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:10 am

The best thing about this plugin is that it sounds much better than all the commercial ones and its free. Just featured it on my blog:

egbert
KVRAF
3972 posts since 21 Oct, 2001 from my bolthole in the south pacific

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 am

This puppy has gone 404 now. I'm guessing the d/l limit has been exceeded. Any alternative locations?

Wild Hades
KVRist

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 am

musicbird wrote:The best thing about this plugin is that it sounds much better than all the commercial ones and its free. Just featured it on my blog:
Wow, just checked your blog, thanks a lot!
egbert wrote:This puppy has gone 404 now. I'm guessing the d/l limit has been exceeded. Any alternative locations?
No, sorry, my bad, I've made a mistake while working the site.
Check again please!

Mutant
KVRAF
3395 posts since 9 Oct, 2004 from Poland

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:37 am

Wild Hades wrote:NAS, sorry to hear about your issues, but they're dued to the NRR1 CPU usage paired with a pretty old machine...

I suggest you to use 4x oversampling and eventually switch to 8x if you have to render your tracks or before freezing.

I know the CPU usage is not ultra-low on NRR1, but that was the best I could do without affecting the sound quality. Keep in mind that the lead channel has 7 triode stages to process and a pretty complex tonestack, while rhythm and clean have 6 stages.

Thanks for trying it out!
Great sound is much more important than being able to use 20 of them live and at the same time :)

THX again !
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

metalifuxx
KVRAF
2312 posts since 23 Mar, 2005 from Detroit

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:20 pm

This is what a slightly over driven rhythm channel should sound like. If you want more gain stick a cranked tube screamer in front for a wide range of chuggah chuggah sounds. It even responds and works well with the Les Paul neck pickup playing chords, and hits that verge of breaking up sound quite well.

NAS
KVRAF
2427 posts since 13 Sep, 2004

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah i'm sure in the studio on the real comp it will be golden
It is way better CPU usage than Amplitube and Guitar rig anyway (Personally think the sound of both of those is horrendous)
I am going to replace Lecto with this in our last song, see how it holds up because i like the extra gain (The only thing our guitarist moaned about with Lecto)

NAS
Omerta

Dominus
KVRAF
1911 posts since 15 Sep, 2003 from Land of Crazies, USA

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:47 pm

NAS wrote:Yeah i'm sure in the studio on the real comp it will be golden
It is way better CPU usage than Amplitube and Guitar rig anyway (Personally think the sound of both of those is horrendous)
I am going to replace Lecto with this in our last song, see how it holds up because i like the extra gain (The only thing our guitarist moaned about with Lecto)

NAS
I ended up using two overdrive pedals before Lecto to get that ultra heavy sound.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Return to “Effects”