Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Melodya (v 1.3)
Lock Notes

A button, always visible in the interface, that changes behaviour on note selection: clicking on a note would produce locking that note from successive generations. The note should either change colour or show a L. I could click on several notes.
In such a way, I can press the generate buttons repeatedly and be sure that what I like remains there. This would change my workflow, I would less afraid of pressing those buttons.

Today if the first 3 notes are ok and the successive are not, I can split section at cursor, then generate only in the second section. But if wrong notes are in the middle or sparse, I am lost.

Newest version is very stable. I am back and caught interest to use RC. Thanks Atilla.
Cliffscherer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 am Latest RC version does not officially support Apples latest chip generation natively. The Rosetta2 on-the-fly code translation seems to work somehow, but performance (UI) is too flaky to be considered useable.
Feature request is to upgrade the specs to Apple Silicon Chipset being on the market now for more than 1/2 year and will soon represent majority of Apple user base.

Hope that UI issues get resolved by that, see
Cliffscherer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:49 am

is there any plan for MIDI scrubbing just like in Reaper, I've played a bit with the new Mutator in RC and this is the only feature that I've missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPTF76gCgU
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I would like a command to "Enlarge Selected Tracks" and hide the rest so we can focus on 2 or more tracks of our choosing. Thanks!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:50 pm I would like a command to "Enlarge Selected Tracks" and hide the rest so we can focus on 2 or more tracks of our choosing. Thanks!
Yes, there was a similar request a long time ago) in my opinion, the best thing is a matrix with a choice of the necessary visible tracks. And in order not to clutter up the space, it can be a tab in the browser.

lulukom wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:08 pm
InLight-Tone wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:50 pm I would like a command to "Enlarge Selected Tracks" and hide the rest so we can focus on 2 or more tracks of our choosing. Thanks!
Yes, there was a similar request a long time ago) in my opinion, the best thing is a matrix with a choice of the necessary visible tracks. And in order not to clutter up the space, it can be a tab in the browser.
Ooo, I like that idea of a tab with different zooming options, I was thinking similar but didn't want to over ask!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Please, add an ability to change chord and scale notes right on a track.

The idea is to make a tool and/or hotkeys for changing chord and scale notes right on a note track or master voicing track, without calling one of the chord changing dialogs or the scale changing menu.

It would be rather handy, especially when you already have almost good chord or almost right scale and some notes on tracks. You see, to where it would be good to move a chord step, because you see the context. And you don’t need to open the dialog, trying to guess, how the new chord could be named, or which note on the screen piano keyboard you have to release and which to press. You just click on “change chord/scale in place” button, and click on a track line to add or remove chord/scale note. The same is with the hotkey.

Seems, it will be really rapid way to modify your chords.

And it would be handy, when you already have created a melody, and, now, are thinking about, which chords would be good for it. You see the melody notes, and, this way, have a visual tip for chord notes. If you open one of the chord dialogs, it will be over a half of your track, and, in addition, you have to know all the chords, these contain some of the notes in this part of the melody, or, at least, have to manually press them on the screen keyboard. It is easier just to click on a track line with hotkey to change the chord on the fly, by adding or removing this line's note to or from the chord, and listen to the result.

Hi

Can you incorporate export Metadata as text in Rapid composer and Fyler? Maybe in Fyler that we can drag Metadata from Info as text?

Branko

I don't know if this is already a feature or not, but I would really love the ability to play a note on my MIDI keyboard and have the row (or at least the key on the left of the piano roll) be highlighted! I think it would really help me with note entry! Thanks!

Yes, I also want to highlighting keys in piano roll when input from midi keyboard, and pre-roll record.

How about being able to use the Idea Tool to regenerate just the selected portion of the timeline?

This, especially if combined with one-touch IT regeneration from the PE screen, would allow an entire composition to be very rapidly auditioned and re-generated to perfection!

+1 !!!

Feature requests/suggestions for Fyler:

- Keep/Save assigned tags, they disappear when files are getting moved right now
- Auto-Save feature, to prevent loss when the application sometimes crashes i.e.
- Export/Import of configs/tab sets/favourites/etc.
- Apply Column Presets globally
- Save-function for multiple Fyler windows sets including their position/size
- The "Home" and "End" Key should work like they do in literally any other file explorer
- Have the current Path also display in the window Title, i.e: Fyler 1.0.5 - C:\Midis
- If you navigate back one folder highlight/select the folder you were last in. Like Windows Explorer does.

With those conveniences it could truly replace any other file explorer for audio audiofiles.

I have separate licences for Rapid Composer LE and Melodya. Would it be possible to have some way that the Melody Editor tab within RC LE could be unlocked with the Melodya licence key?

Also, are there any plans to make Melodya available as a standalone rather than plug-in only? (It would need its own onboard soundfont or VST instrument capability, like RC.)

I have mentioned it in another thread, but not sure if it was noticed. With Composition, Phrase Editor and Melody Editor, we can change the instrument playing. But not for the new Midi Mutator. It would be very handy if this option can be added, so we can hear the instrument we are setting it up for. Including the midi host.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”