Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Happy New Year, everyone !!!
Hi Attila. Thank you for being ready to solve the problem of moving the phrase controllers along with the notes (I think at least when quantizing)). Believe me, this is very important for a professional program.
Another one of my suggestions, which would greatly facilitate the work. If I click on the scale selection in the master track, I see an option at the bottom to "Change chords with the new scale." That's a great option! Now let's say that I dragged a midi file into the master track and got new chords on the master track that I'm very satisfied with. But they do not match the scale set in the master track. What scales should I choose? I propose to make it easier to choose the scale and add the option "Highlight scales relative to the chords of the master track" for this. It's even possible to make the proximity change slider to exactly match the chord .I think it will be very convenient. Thank you .
Once again, Happy New Year to all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

REQUEST: Please add the "resume crash where you left off" feature to Rapid Composer aka the "recovery" feature. Recovery let's you save progress when you reload your project if it crashes.

You can recover last compositions if you set saving history to "Disk" (the default is "RAM"):

Each edit is saved to a folder called <composition name>.rcCOMP.history
Crash recovery is not automatic, but when it happens, the last file (files are numbered) can be renamed to .rcCOMP and that was the very last change in the composition.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have a couple of ideas:

1) A "riff" generator that would create something similar to the way Riffler creates it's riffs (https://riffler.app). It's possible RC already does this and I've just not figured it out. I know RC can generate melodies, motifs, etc., but Riffler's riffs seem more targeted to what a guitar player would play.

2) Perhaps a "style" option on some of the generators. It wouldn't have to be used, just an option. An example would be like if I wanted to create a melody for horns in a funk song. Maybe there'd be an option to select the genre "funk" and/or the instrument type "brass." The melody would then try to create something similar to what would be common styles in that genre and with that instrument. I have no idea if that's even possible via programming. Just seems cool :-).

Thanks!

Hello kottke,

thanks for your post, great ideas! Actually I expect all these will be available if the new machine learning engine (that I am working on) will be finished...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

That’s great to hear Attila! I love RC as it is currently but the new engine has me intrigued!

Hi, I have a feature request for fyler: it would be great to be able to change or route the midi channel of a midi file inside fyler! example: I have lots of midi drums that are in channel one, and when I audition the file it plays back the rythm in a piano, it would be fantastic to route it or change the channel from 1 to 10 so that the GM soundfont plays it in a drum sound.

I've thought of something that might be useful. I think it would be nice if there were a "Humanize" button on all the phrases under perhaps the General tab on the Settings. Maybe in the master Settings, we could determine what the Humanize button does exactly (i.e. how much velocity range).

I know there are some options under the variations to do this already, but I think it would be cool if it was already baked in. I use humanize all the time on the melodies I create in the Melody Editor, but I don't do it in RC, I wait until I drag the midi over to Logic Pro and use the humanize function there. To my knowledge this doesn't already exist right in the Melody Editor, but I've been wrong before.

I'm new for RC, love it but have not find how to enable multi-Instrument tracks recording, I hope this function can be use within RC. or it may have built into RC already? since I do orchestral, very lovely to have multi instrument recording into indivadual track simultaneously. I thoght it would be an important workflow for orchestral production even don't have realtime analysis while recording (it can be modify after recording, but the live input feeling hard to recreat with track by track workflow. personaly opinion. )

Thanks,
Broucyw

Here is a feature suggestion that I am actually missing from all DAWs:

Yellow sticky notes for:

- phrases
- single notes
- chords
- chord sequences
- composition parts and lines ...

I think it would be great if you could add comments to parts of your composition i.e.
- what you intended to do
- what is still to be done
- why a specific part, note, chord sounds cool
- a short theory analysis
etc

I am currently reading a brilliant music theory book and I am using Rapidcomposer to follow along and to store different lessons as compositions or phrases. It would be awesome if I could add the theory behing the chords and melodies as yellow sticky notes or comments.

What do you think?

Cheers

Jens

1. Hotkeys for setting note velocity or all notes in phrase velocity to weak, medium or strong.

2. Hotkey (alt, ctrl or so) for changing note velocity to an exact value with a mouse (with up-down or left-right movement).

3. Articulation names near notes on vertical keyboard, like in the percussion type of a track. It is very useful for instruments having them.

4. An option to make equal scrolling/zooming with the mouse wheel and scrolling/zooming with the mouse left button pressing on the vertical keyboard/timeline. At least, to keep scroll and zoom position those were set with the mouse wheel when changing editing modes.

5. A command to suggest all possible chords and scales for selected notes. Now, the MIDI import tab can suggest scales, but it is needed to drop a phrase to it to see the suggestions. And the Harmonize command can suggest chords. It could be handy to have a window+command for these purposes.

6. Hotkey to edit chord voicing right on any track, not only on the master track.

7. Note off velocity editing (some pianos and synths use it as the release velocity).

8. Possibility to edit note velocities on the velocity track when several notes have the same start position. Now, it is only possible to change the velocity of one note.

The ability to use arrows and Midi CC knobs to scroll the browser and ALL menus.

The ability to assign any variations with a Hotkey, without having to go through the Phrase Inspector menu.

Since it takes a while to get really good results from the rhythm lab, the ability to Save Rhythm lab templates would be extremely helpful. The ability to very quickly load different rhythm lab templates, without having to goto the Rhythm Inspector.

Ability to save default rhythm generator settings for all generators.

Goal is a more streamlined way to quickly, very quickly audition different phrases and variations in a project without having to go through the Phrase inspector.

It would be very helpful to be able to drag a multi-selection of phrases

a) onto a track
b) into a phrase box in the Idea Tool

So far we have import midi to scale, to chords relative and absolute. I'am looking to find some way between scale and chords. For instance a variation insert could allow you to by percentage move between chord relative and scale. Thus leaving some notes which would have been closer to a scale note. Captain Melody seems to do this and the results are often pleasing compared to locking just to chord notes.

If this is already possible, please someone let me know how to do it. That would be great!

BroucyW wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:33 pm I'm new for RC, love it but have not find how to enable multi-Instrument tracks recording, I hope this function can be use within RC. or it may have built into RC already? since I do orchestral, very lovely to have multi instrument recording into indivadual track simultaneously. I thoght it would be an important workflow for orchestral production even don't have realtime analysis while recording (it can be modify after recording, but the live input feeling hard to recreat with track by track workflow. personaly opinion. )

Thanks,
Broucyw
Happy new year everyone!

I am not sure if we mean the same thing, but I'd love to be able use different VST instruments for the different chord notes and possibly with the option to split by pitch or on position in the chord.

For example: C major voiced as e4 - g4 - c5

Split on pitch:
c5 on violins 1
g4 on violas
e4 on celli

Split on the position in the chord:
root (c5) on celli
3rd (e4) on violas
5th (g4) on violins 1

(just as an example, voicing could/should possible changed by hand based on instrument range)

I can imagine this can be quite hard to create and/or to manage in an understandable way in the UI.

One option to accomplish this, could be to be able to create a ghost track and being able to only let it sound certain chord notes by using some kind of filter. So only play the root, only play the 3rd or when using pitches, only play the highest, second highest etc.. note.

And maybe already possible, but also nice is to be able to have a transposed ghost track (also again with the above filter option), so for example Violins 1 & 2 can play with an octave difference. This is also useful to transpose a chord note within the range of an instrument.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”