NAMM January 13th (3 weeks from today)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Christmas for musicians

edit, my post was too negative.

So, what exactly is everyone hoping for?

I'd like a DAW without a dongle, so I'll be interested to see what is announced in DAW-land, if anything. I will especially be looking to see if Cubase 6 is announced, and if the features win me over to stay put with Cubase. A Studio One v2 would be interesting to see also. I'll be watching for any Ableton announcements, but I'm not expecting anything. I'd like to get some idea of direction from the various companies.

I am also interested in a new electronic drum brain. Either something from Roland that can hold its own with a lot of the VST samplers, or a better MIDI-only controller.

I'll be interested in what, if anything, Spectrasonics announces, but I'm quite satisfied with what I have now, so it's only a passing interest.

That's about it for me.

I'm guessing there will be a RMX version 2 announcement. Though honestly I'm not sure at all what they could possible be cooking up.

So many of the big boys already have the new stuff out. PT, Sonar and I've even heard through the grapevine (:hihi: ) that a certain indie host developer is working on a new doo.

Im hoping for Cubase 6 & Native Instruments Massive 2!

:)

Sorry and Waves Version 8 64bit Support!

:)

I was also wondering if waves might do x64 support

I have a badge, but I dunno that I'm gonna be able to go. Just sooooo much work to do! Should be some good stuff coming out of this one, though.
..::*Jack of all DAWs* brianbotkiller.com : OBEDIA.com::..

damn, we were hoping to get video correspondence ;)

hibidy wrote:damn, we were hoping to get video correspondence ;)
:P

I live-tweeted a ton last year about it, did some video on the Teenage Engineering OP1, Richard Devine at the Toontrack booth, stuff like that. I'm sad I might not make it. If I do, though, I assure you; my phone will be afire with videos and tweets :)
..::*Jack of all DAWs* brianbotkiller.com : OBEDIA.com::..

Ableton Live 9 pre-announcement (i.e. proposed feature list, but actual release much later in the year, Q3 or 4).
Cubase 6.
Possibly Sibelius 7.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”