Error in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I made a video explaining what I have done, at the end of the video there are still errors, can you please tell me how to fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qx5UxEdjp8

Just a heads up to everyone, Rick Astley does NOT appear in this video!

NSanjay wrote:Hi I made a video explaining what I have done, at the end of the video there are still errors, can you please tell me how to fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qx5UxEdjp8
ok.. few points..

You should add all the header files from the project, not just the adelay.h

You should add all the cpp files to the "source" folder, not "resources", resources is for things like icons.

Ok, next thing is you can pretty much copy and paste any error message into google and find the information you need to fix it.

Regarding _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS

You either need

#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS

somewhere, in the main header file, or you set you can set it in the project settings. It's in preprocessor section, you can set predefined symbols in ther somewhere.

Lastly... why not just open the visual studio project file thats included with the SDK?

Tried building again, I did everything you told, but im still getting some errors, how to fix it ?
1>------ Build started: Project: delay, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> again.cpp
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(100): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'constant'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(100): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(105): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'constant'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(105): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(105): error C2086: 'int define' : redefinition
1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(100) : see declaration of 'define'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(110): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'constant'
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(110): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(110): error C2086: 'int define' : redefinition
1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(100) : see declaration of 'define'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

NSanjay wrote:Tried building again, I did everything you told, but im still getting some errors, how to fix it ?
Dont know tbh, the "default int" error usualy means you forgot to include a header and you've tried to create a type that isnt defined. But as its getting these errors in vs\inlude\string.h i dont know what could be causing it.

I'd try asking over the the microsoft newsgroups / user forums.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... ry/visualc

cant remember the newsgroup address tbh.

The first error is "missing ';' before 'constant'" which suggests (since this is coming from a standard header) that there's some malformed syntax or accidental characters before the include.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”