Scuffham Amps S-Gear (developed with former Marshall product designer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
S-Gear

lajosuti wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:53 am Maybe it's time to look back to Amplitube? Seriously, since Amplitube 5 (and the mesa 2 pack) I stopped using my PA / Neural DSP / STL Tones amp sims. BTW in Amplitube 5 you can have a setting to see all gear / only gear you own / only gear you don't own, so apparently the message got through that it is annoying. I just see the gear I own.
Oh, and they also solved the issue that when you set it to see the gear you have, you won't see patches in your patches list which uses gear you don't have.
i own A5 Max

it's gotten better

but still plagued with noisy amps

the Aguilar DB750 in A5 has the strangest artifacts - you can tell the core tone in excellent, but good god it is unusable.

Helix has the Agua, which is the DB750, super clean and just as nice of a core tone and no A5 weirdness.

i'm still an STL ToneHub amp pack fan.

lajosuti wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:53 am Maybe it's time to look back to Amplitube? Seriously, since Amplitube 5 (and the mesa 2 pack) I stopped using my PA / Neural DSP / STL Tones amp sims. BTW in Amplitube 5 you can have a setting to see all gear / only gear you own / only gear you don't own, so apparently the message got through that it is annoying. I just see the gear I own.
Oh, and they also solved the issue that when you set it to see the gear you have, you won't see patches in your patches list which uses gear you don't have.
It's interesting to see how different views can be.
It's just the opposite, I used Amplitube and never used PA amps or Neural DSP. Now I use PA and NeuralDSP and no Amplitube5 any more for many reaons.
Ampltube 5 has got pretty high plugin loading time and cpu is higher than previous versions. Way too many features are not good for a fast workflow (less is more, thus also a too large gui) , too many decisicions to be made, a lot of very bad presets and a very important reason is that I do not like IK Multimedia's business model at all and experienced very bad support, so I have become no fan of IKM products in general. Just a new example as to support, Waves support even called me on phone this year and solved the problem, wheras from IKM I thrice did no even got a reply.
Amplitube has some good amps, effects and cabs, no doubt, but I prefer amps of other devs, they are good, too and I can have a way faster and better workflow

Return to “Effects”