simple passive gain boost for strat-o-mo-bobs and others...

...and how to do so...
4792 posts since 9 Oct, 2005 from New England

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:21 pm

gotta guitar that's too bright?

replace the tone control cap with a .22mf cap. you'll be able to dial out some of the treble easily, and get some pretty sick tones under distortion. can get more balls out of a guitar as well as mess with the tone by putting a big freaking bypass cap between the input and the wiper of ANY passive electric guitar...

try again, a .22 mf cap or so. ya may wanna put it on a switch. this will help "float" the electronics in the guitar so that you'll have more balls..can make a strat sound a little more like it has p90's in it. it also will help by giving you a little more useable range with the pot turned way down, and when the volume is cranked, it will sound totally stock.

if ya add a dpdt switch, you can put the cap on one side, and add a treble bleed circuit on the other...a center off switch will leave the guitar's sound stock.

I wish my lawn was Emo, so it would cut itself...
My Music (updated link)

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”