CAUSTIC audio rack for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had this app about two weeks - really like it! Looking forward to what the paid app brings to the table. Any idea of the projected cost?
Dave

The first paid version won't be much different than the demo you have. With the limited amount of time I have to work on it, I only managed to get a few requested features in this build. I've changed the pencil mode to sticky for dropping notes and I've added an option to keep the device awake while you're using the app. The paid version will unlock saving/loading of songs and add WAV exporting of songs and loops. Oh and I threw in 2 new effects, because everyone likes effects :-)

Other features, most of which have been suggested here (thanks everyone) will trickle into future versions, but I hope to get to them as soon as possible.

I'm looking at 3.99$ as an introductory price to reward early adopters but it might go up once I add more features. I know there's still lots of work left to do before this app meets the needs of everyone, and I'm really thankful for all the encouragement and interest so far.

It's almost ready to go, a few more days to test everything out...

Stay tuned.

SingleCell wrote:Other features, most of which have been suggested here (thanks everyone) will trickle into future versions, but I hope to get to them as soon as possible.

I'm looking at 3.99$ as an introductory price to reward early adopters but it might go up once I add more features. I know there's still lots of work left to do before this app meets the needs of everyone, and I'm really thankful for all the encouragement and interest so far.

It's almost ready to go, a few more days to test everything out...

Stay tuned.
Love the work and love that has gone into this. I've now tested it on the Honeycomb 3.1 update and it force closes immediately when I touch the interface. I know you don't support >3.0 yet so I guess you won't make it shown to the Honeycomb crowd in Android Market but I still want to buy it so if you will have some sort of possibility to sell it at your web page I would like that too. :)

hey
this is really good. I'm really impressed. Another vote for getting it on AndroidPit - my card is not acceptable on Google Checkout, so I buy my apps at AndroidPit mostly.

Nice work! :)
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

SingleCell wrote:I'm looking at 3.99$ as an introductory price to reward early adopters but it might go up once I add more features. I know there's still lots of work left to do before this app meets the needs of everyone, and I'm really thankful for all the encouragement and interest so far.
Sounds very good. Will buy as soon as I see it on the Market.

Excellent! I've been having some fun with this app. I guess the sequencer can't run when the everything else is in Pattern mode? Is there a help menu for it? I didn't see one.

@ nikolatesla20 - I use Electrum Drum quite a bit too - also a great application. Just used it last night at rehearsal! :)
Dave

Hey thanks des!

Hey SingleCell, just a tip - if you enable users to allow play to continue even when the screen turns off, be sure to add PHONE_STATE monitoring so you can turn off the sound if a phone call comes in too.

Otherwise, awesome work so far. I've been learning a lot about OpenGL on android today and yesterday (I know some OpenGL just didn't know much about OpenGL ES) and hope that my future work can use OpenGL for the best fastest rendering just like your app does. Basing off of the san-angeles sample.

Well, I'll let you get back to work!

-nik

nikolatesla20 wrote:Hey thanks des!

Hey SingleCell, just a tip - if you enable users to allow play to continue even when the screen turns off, be sure to add PHONE_STATE monitoring so you can turn off the sound if a phone call comes in too.
I'm just offering screen wake lock right now, the app will still stop audio if the screen is forced off or a phone call comes in. Batteries might suffer with the screen on, but the app is already pretty rough on the CPU and it's so much simpler this way...
nikolatesla20 wrote: Otherwise, awesome work so far. I've been learning a lot about OpenGL on android today and yesterday (I know some OpenGL just didn't know much about OpenGL ES) and hope that my future work can use OpenGL for the best fastest rendering just like your app does. Basing off of the san-angeles sample.
Yup, that's what mine was based off too, it's nothing but fun from there !

Edit: Oh, the best thing I've done so far is to have a OpenGL/OpenGLES bridge so I can run my app on Win32 for testing, makes things SO much easier when debugging native. At first I used Qualcomm's OpenGLES emulator for PC (http://developer.qualcomm.com/showcase/adreno-sdk), but I eventually just wrote my own thin layer to use regular windows OpenGL.

Full version has been released! Bought it just now :-D

Baconman wrote:Full version has been released! Bought it just now :-D
Thanks so much for your support guys. I'm SO relieved it's out the door, you can't imagine the stress these past few days: testing, re-testing ... "omg I'm going to CHARGE for this, I hope nothing goes wrong..."

I need a break, but I'm also really anxious to start on features again, lots of work left.

Oh and I have to get it on AndroidPit as well ...

Just bought it. Fantastic product and great work. :phones: :hyper:

Way to go! Congrats on the release! I hope you sell in the millions! :)

Just bought my copy! Great fun! :D

@ Single Cell - is there a help file or manual that we can access either thru the app or on-line? I'm figuring out a lot just hunting and pecking but would be nice if there was a bit more info available...
Dave

des wrote:Just bought my copy! Great fun! :D

@ Single Cell - is there a help file or manual that we can access either thru the app or on-line? I'm figuring out a lot just hunting and pecking but would be nice if there was a bit more info available...
Thanks!

No manual yet, but I've started on it on my lunchbreaks and I'll put it up as soon as possible. In meantime, feel free to shoot any questions my way, either thru PM here or at causticapp@gmail.com. I think the first thing will be to write a quick FAQ.

SingleCell wrote:Thanks!

No manual yet, but I've started on it on my lunchbreaks and I'll put it up as soon as possible. In meantime, feel free to shoot any questions my way, either thru PM here or at causticapp@gmail.com. I think the first thing will be to write a quick FAQ.
Sounds good!

Don't forget to take some time for yourself!
Dave

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”