Line 6 POD Farm 2.5 (Hardware Independent and Free Version)!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I noticed that Line 6 had updated POD Farm to 2.5. As part of this they now have computer, rather than hardware, based authorisaton. So it's now C/R rather than Hardware as dongle. They still support iLok. It's a free update for POD Farm 2 users.

Also, there's a free version which has only a few, but very nice, components available.

All in all, I think it's a nice move even thought v2 was just a refresh rather than the updating it needs (IMO). Some of the models may be getting a little dated but it still sounds good in a lot of situations and with a lot of different sources.

Cheers,
Nigel
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

I don't find the upgrade option for version 1 users. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Pädy wrote:I don't find the upgrade option for version 1 users. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
If you log into your account and then go to the store you should get them. On the left bar it will show you your options.

Cheers,
Nigel

Ok - thanks.
The only option I get is upgrade fom 1 to 2 via iLok.
I am only interested in 2.5 without iLok. iLok was the main reason why I did not upgrade to version 2. It's just too cumbersome to always be forced to carry around that USB key.

If I buy that upgrade can I still download the 2.5 update and use that without iLok?

Cheers, Pady

Pädy wrote:Ok - thanks.
The only option I get is upgrade fom 1 to 2 via iLok.
I am only interested in 2.5 without iLok. iLok was the main reason why I did not upgrade to version 2. It's just too cumbersome to always be forced to carry around that USB key.

If I buy that upgrade can I still download the 2.5 update and use that without iLok?

Cheers, Pady
You probably want the promo picing on a new license then. The price looks the same as the upgrade price for the Standard version.

I have v2 Standard on my UX1 and v2 Platinum on my iLok, so I may have different options.

Cheers,
Nigel

Great news about Computer authorization... I can finally unplug that Toneport brick, yay! :lol:

So... first they ditched "GuitarPort" for the iLok, then they release v2.5 and offer another "free upgrade" for existing users with hardware keys (non iLok) with C/R that ditches both the hardware modules and the iLok.

*sigh* What to think of that? Don't know.

Line6 is still behind things in terms of the "free routing" of FX, a lot of competition pretty much kicked their butt in the software realm - though I still use GearBox/PODFarm just for the AVALON "like" Preamp and the LA2A "like" compressor (on top of Line6's modern guitar amp or something).

So far, no mail from these folks, it's indeed a good find Nigel. But I don't keep my hopes up that Line6 will ever remove the locked routing and microphone usage. But if it's a free upgrade (Silver/Standard version) for the hardware users - why not. At least I can use some of the modules independent with PODfarm2 compared to GearBox/PODfarm1.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hopefully their HD stuff is their next generation modelling and it will make it into POD Farm in v3. I've only heard it on videos so I don't know how much better it is.

The addition of the Elements plugs in v2 helped a lot with routing. Also it does go beyond the usual Guitar FX which expands it use.

It is mainly a hardware company though, but the lag from hardware to software is too long, IMO.

Cheers,
Nigel

I like some of the bass amps. Shame that they are only 5 of them in the standard version. Good value since I missed the September 09 giveway....

From the looks of things in their forum there's lots of pain and suffering with the 2.5 upgrade and the new License Manager :shock: :

http://line6.com/community/community/su ... iscussions

I think I'll pass on this one.
Drum machines are people too.

No problems here upgrading
Win7 x64, UX2
Used Line 6 Monkey
then
Line 6 License Manager

raintalk wrote:No problems here upgrading
Win7 x64, UX2
Used Line 6 Monkey
then
Line 6 License Manager
Win XP SP3
No problems here at all.

or here - this is a very awesome thing for anyone on a laptop

I often mix away from my studio so its awesome that I can finally run the Podfarm plugs without the Toneport attached.

Thanks Line 6!

Cheers
Jed

can't find any upgrade path from v1
do i have to pay the full price for v2.5?

shanecgriffo wrote:can't find any upgrade path from v1
do i have to pay the full price for v2.5?
I think the intro price for standard is the same as the upgrade price. In my account I see (under crossgrades in the store):

-POD Farm 2 Platinum Upgrade from POD Farm 1 Standard $149.00
-POD Farm 2 Upgrade from POD Farm 1 $49.00

Cheers,
Nigel

Return to “Effects”