Tau Bassline 10th Anniversary

Official support for: muon-software.com

How Old Are You...?

Old - I remember the original Tau but what is this Facebook thing?
97%
Young - I virtually live on Facebook but what is this Tau thing?
3%

Total votes: 61

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just cancelled Facebook because I got hacked in a pretty nasty way. I am very sorry to hear that you will not have any other option for this.

You are certainly entitled to do whatever you want with a free product, but your final paragraph is a bit offputting.

I'm very sorry to hear that you got hacked via Facebook. There are all sorts of malware vectors these days and even the careful users can get caught.

Don't think I'm being offhand, as I say this is a test. If it falls flat on its ar5e then so be it.

On a different note, it'd be nice if people could link up to some tracks they did with the original Tau. I have some great tracks here by Ben Fraser (Sabretooth records) but couldn't dig any more out from the archives.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:I'm very sorry to hear that you got hacked via Facebook. There are all sorts of malware vectors these days and even the careful users can get caught.

Don't think I'm being offhand, as I say this is a test. If it falls flat on its ar5e then so be it.

On a different note, it'd be nice if people could link up to some tracks they did with the original Tau. I have some great tracks here by Ben Fraser (Sabretooth records) but couldn't dig any more out from the archives.
Good luck with this. I think you would have even more success if you allowed a variety of options. I am one of the old guys who remembers when you started. I hope I don't get completely left out of this.

*clicks like*

I think you would have even more success if you allowed a variety of options.
I'll certainly be looking into other options. To be quite honest I don't expect people to get *too* excited about a 10-year-old plugin and I'm pleased it has gained the attention it has done so far here on KVR.

What I'm trying to do is reach a new audience who perhaps hasn't been around so long and doesn't remember Tau's first incarnation - simply bringing the Muon brand to the attention of such people would be success in itself, and get us ready for some more long-range plans I've been making.

I hope it works for you. Good luck.

Aloysius wrote:
geroyannis wrote:Nice. Pity I don't use Facebook.
Great! I won't accidentally bump into you then!!! :lol:
Awww, and I so much wanted to meet you! :P

I thought this was funny:-

http://ca.gizmodo.com/5792570/if-youre- ... r-yourself

No insult intended to our non-facebook-friends here in the thread, my opinions may vary from those presented

DELETED

Yes, very much alive - but the consulting/contracting side of things is a full time job and yet I have been itching to do some actual Muon-branded stuff for a long time. Consider this a step in the right direction.

As for M-Drive, it was updated and refined and included in Tachyon as the overdrive/distortion effect. There's no plans to bring it back to life right now but who knows, Tau and M-Drive go together bacon and brown sauce :love:

Have you thought about other social media options, like Twitter? Ok, I guess that is a social media option, not options. I guess there is MySpace, but that is such a horrorshow of bad UX, I can understand not going anywhere near it.

Sean Costello

Regarding twitter - I can see its advantages from a customer services point of view (being able to instantly respond to customer queries without the hassle of IM or email) but as a marketing channel I'm not sure how we'd go about gathering and sustaining a large audience.

I would have thought that Myspace has jumped the shark though.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Regarding twitter - I can see its advantages from a customer services point of view (being able to instantly respond to customer queries without the hassle of IM or email) but as a marketing channel I'm not sure how we'd go about gathering and sustaining a large audience.
I use it to follow all the audio software developers whose gear I use (or might one day use). For getting news about plugins and stuff it's a lot more efficient for me than facebook, because I can put them all on a list and find them all in one place, whereas odds are I'll miss the update on FB's feed.

I just gotta click "like" @ the news about Tau Bassline? Sorry, i'm quite a facebook newb. :/

Ok nevermind, just found the big fat "like" button on top of the page... so easy to oversee... :lol:

chk071 wrote:I just gotta click "like" @ the news about Tau Bassline? Sorry, i'm quite a facebook newb. :/
Go here:-

http://www.facebook.com/muonsoftware

Sign in, and then click the "like" button

The download link will appear on Friday (hopefully before, if I can get my issues with Netobjects Fusion 11 sorted out!) in the section labelled "Exclusive Content" in the sidebar on the right. You must be logged into Facebook, and have "liked" the page to see the link once it gets posted.

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Managing Director
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com
http://muonsoftware.blogspot.com
Last edited by Muon Software Ltd on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Muon Software”