NI Vintage Compressors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... mpressors/

Just seen this :)
Developed together with Softube, they usually know what they do.

Cheers
Dennis

Prepare next for the IK and NI catfight! :hihi:

jsp1979 wrote:Prepare next for the IK and NI catfight! :hihi:
Exactly my first thought :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Very interesting :-o

One things for sure, they added SC and Mix controls :lol:

Downloading...

Interesting to see that they have said it improves on the original - that's quite a claim.

I'm not sure if I really like this "powered by Guitar rig" stuff...
On the one hand you can insert it into a rig, which is good... On the other hand I don't like loading a beast like Guitar rig for simple compression...

Dr.Gunjah wrote:I'm not sure if I really like this "powered by Guitar rig" stuff...
On the one hand you can insert it into a rig, which is good... On the other hand I don't like loading a beast like Guitar rig for simple compression...
Agreed, I wonder if the player version is less CPU intensive....

Can one install guitar rig player when guitar rig full version is already installed? It didn't work with the reaktor player.

Dr.Gunjah wrote:Can one install guitar rig player when guitar rig full version is already installed? It didn't work with the reaktor player.

I've not tried either.

Does anyone else here know the answer?

robojam wrote:Interesting to see that they have said it improves on the original - that's quite a claim.
that quote only refered to the sidechain and Mix features that obviously are not on the original units hence "Improves"

First impressions: my first shootout, the 76, prefers IK. IK's seems a little more aggressive (inc. louder) and I prefer the stereo width of the IK. The NI has clicky transients when pushed; I think I even prefer the FET to the NI. We'll see :shrug:

Not really liking this Guitar Rig demo mullarky though.

I have GR4 as included in Komplete 7 but I find it very comlicated to demo the vintage compressors.
Actually I read the instructions at the NI page twice without really understanding them.

I have enough compressors anyway, so it's not really important.

But an easy demoversion would be better, I think.
Planet Ugh @ Soundcloud & Facebook
Dusk to Dawn @ Facebook

@audiosabre: I've noticed the clicky attacks too. As for the loudness, did you match the GR values on both? they're calibrated quite differently, the NI starts reduction much earlier.

@darsho: there should be a new gr4 update in the service center which includes the new comps. After installing it, you have to start gr4 standalone, then activate demo mode(help->start demo). then you can start your host and use gr4 in demo mode

This one is gonna fail bad. I'm sure the compressor itself sounds nice (it's softube), but to use guitar rig everytime just to get it work? This is also the reason why i back away from NI stuff. Their product is quality but cpu heavy.
musisikamar.com

I'm pissed off with NI over the Kore thing so f*ck 'em. I ain't interested. :lol:

Seriously, who needs another bloody compressor, limiter, eq, amp-sim, sample pack, synth, effect ...

I can't afford any of it anyway.

Return to “Effects”