Z3ta+ 2 is here--Discuss inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the download size? Seem to be having internet speed problems...

Rajah wrote:What's the download size? Seem to be having internet speed problems...
41.5 MB

@braindesmond, has this been tested with maschine? If not will a demo version be coming soon? Cheers!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

winds350 wrote:
Rajah wrote:What's the download size? Seem to be having internet speed problems...
41.5 MB

Thank you...

One of my favorite new presets is "Crisp Keyed FG", really outstanding IMO. I love such bell like pad sounds. Same about "Eigthies Digital FG", really amazing sound, especially when the Modwheel is used.
Some of those presets fit exactly the style of some i have done myself on other synths. There are many "bread & butter" and not only "experimental" sounds what is really positive IMO. One of those great bread & butter sounds is "Generic Sawpad (Mw) BT".

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

elipsis1 wrote:Xenos, I love the "bad gas" patch LOL

Seriously though, your dnb and dubstep stuff in the factory bank is excellent!
HAHAHA!! I was wondering if anybody would appreciate a good farting sound out there.

...what I'm really, really curious about, though, is what people out there might think of my Dance and Psytrance sounds. Bad dance sounds or just bad demos on my dance banks? We'll find out soon enough haha. With Z3ta 2 programming, I took it as an opportunity to either prove my ability in EDM material to the dance/trance fans or confirm that it needs more work (and if so, we'll just stick to what we're good at until I get yet more practice).
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Igro wrote:
briandesmond wrote:
Igro wrote:So will there be a proper Unison spread or no? V1.5 didn't have it. Well, there was some workrounds, but it's 2011 now ffs.

Hi Igro,

Z3TA+ already had a unison mode for each oscillator. The way you enable it is to put any oscillator into Multi-mode, and then use the Phase slider to spread it out.

In Z3TA+ 2, you will do it the same way, however the Phase knob will update and read 'Spread' so that it's more clear that that is what the control does in this mode.

Does this help?
Mostly all synths have a Global unison up to 6 voices. Along with this they have an unison pan spread. I can't find it in zeta 1.5 somehow and v2(pictures from the website) If I something misleading, then sorry for lame.
Hey Igro,

Z3TA+ tuns an oscillator into 8 oscillators when you put it into multi mode. Then you use that 'Spread' knob to detune them all, spreading them out. Then, half of the new oscillators get routed into bus 1, and the other half get routed to bus 2, and from there you can pan them around using the pan controls in the Filter/Bus section.

When in this mode, the bus fader now serves a slightly different purpose - when it's at 50%, it's now letting all 8 voices go through at 100% of their level. As you move it up or down, it actually turns down the level of the opposite bus, so for example if you moved the fader all the way to the top (FLT 1), you would only hear the first 4 of the 8 oscillators.

I hope this helps!

Is it me or just there is a bug ?

I mean, when I move the waveform on oscillator's "wavetable screen" , the sound just doesnt change. It works for "init preset" but when I change some factory (or imported) preset (ie. the very first "italo" preset), the sound doesnt change. I need to change value one of the wavetable modifiers (ie. warp), then set to 0, and then there is different sound.

It's like the sound doesnt always responds to "drawed" (by mouse, not parameters) waveform correctly

The DAW is Ableton Live 8.2
Last edited by D N A on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upgraded to Z3ta 2+, and not surprisingly there are a lot of awesome presets. However, I have a problem. Everything works fine with the .vst plugin in FL Studio. But when using a wrapped version of the 32-bit plugin (the 64-bit won't wrap) in Pro Tools (my main DAW), the arp showcase presets don't work. It just plays a held note instead of playing the arp pattern. Additionally, more than half of the presets in the arp category produce no sound, with the rest produce only a held note or a kind of clicking noise (which I'm sure is not supposed to happen).

Any ideas as to why this might be?

EDIT: Yeah, the arp function simply doesn't work at all.
Last edited by Drakken on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

so there is no demo :(

To those who bought it:
Can it be used as an effect? Anyone tried it in reaper ? I see it's not perfectly stable with some daws.

@DNA be sure you are on the right "page" for the oscillator (1-6 buttons at the top)

EDIT: Hmm, I see what you mean. Nope, no change in the sound here for me either...

elipsis1 wrote:@DNA be sure you are on the right "page" for the oscillator (1-6 buttons at the top)

EDIT: Hmm, I see what you mean. Nope, no change in the sound here for me either...
It's strange, yes you can click the waveform and move it around but it doesn't do anything to the sound. I am wondering if it isn't really supposed to have that functionality to draw waveforms like that?

The shapers definitely transform the sound though :)

elipsis1 wrote:@DNA be sure you are on the right "page" for the oscillator (1-6 buttons at the top)

Yea, I'm sure ;) I don't know - some patches just work when "drawing waveform by mouse", others don't (require that 'trick' with changing one of the parameters then the sound "refreshes").

I know old Z3ta pretty well (yea, it responded very well to "drawing waveform by mouse") so this looks like a bug. I may be wrong of course ... but I dont think so ;)

Xenos wrote: ...what I'm really, really curious about, though, is what people out there might think of my Dance and Psytrance sounds. Bad dance sounds or just bad demos on my dance banks? We'll find out soon enough haha. With Z3ta 2 programming, I took it as an opportunity to either prove my ability in EDM material to the dance/trance fans or confirm that it needs more work (and if so, we'll just stick to what we're good at until I get yet more practice).
Xenos, I have run across several very good EDM sounds you did. "Phat Supersaws" I like a lot as well as "Dark Psy Lead"

D N A wrote:Is it me or just there is a bug ?

I mean, when I move the waveform on oscillator's "wavetable screen" , the sound just doesnt change. It works for "init preset" but when I change some factory (or imported) preset (ie. the very first "italo" preset), the sound doesnt change. I need to change value one of the wavetable modifiers (ie. warp), then set to 0, and then there is different sound.

It's like the sound doesnt always responds to "drawed" (by mouse, not parameters) waveform correctly

The DAW is Ableton Live 8.2
No I'm having the same problem - I just a/b'd it with z3ta+ using the classic bank and even with a patch that is really distinctly affected by mouse movements in the waveshaper such as Vocoder pad it doesn't affect the sound. I also don't like that even though they have increased the overall gui size the waveshaping controls are smaller and very cramped

Patch levels also sound quieter

Would be nice also if in the new version you could see visually the effect of modulating the waveshaper with a lfo
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”