Studio One/Presonus Support sucked if you were me (RESOLVED).

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

License transfers are supported by PreSonus - I did it.

And I have to say that I ALWAYS made very good experiences with their support. I have to add that I always contacted the DEVs via PMs the PreSonus forums and they were VERY responsive and helpful. Really.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:License transfers are supported by PreSonus - I did it.

And I have to say that I ALWAYS made very good experiences with their support. I have to add that I always contacted the DEVs via PMs the PreSonus forums and they were VERY responsive and helpful. Really.
I would love to say the same thing, but I simply can't when they have a ticket system which is supposed to be for resolving issues, which instead of doing, they simply blew me off with promises of looking into their transfer policy and then never getting back to me.

I stand by what I said... worst support ever. I say that because this is honestly the worst support I have ever received. Months have gone by without an answer AFTER I pointed out to them that their first reply that transfers were not allowed appeared to be wrong.

Just to give an idea....

The last support ticket I sent in was April 19th, regarding license transfers. I received a response from Timothy Watkins saying "I will check on that for you and let you know."

But I never received a response. :shrug:

All I want to do is to give the thing away. I'm glad some of you have had a good experience, but that has not been my experience.

A) The subject of this thread is innapropriate.
B) The subject of this thread doesn't even make sense.
C) Again, PreSonus support has always been first class for me.

k3ith

k3ith wrote:
A) The subject of this thread is innapropriate.

k3ith
I don't get this reaction. I mean, I think it's great you had a good experience, and per the thread it seems most everyone had a good experience, but I'm among those who still thinks their support sucks so how can it be inappropriate if the OP was stating his personal experience at the time and even now, I'm of the same opinion as the OP (except my issue is not at all resolved)? :?

MountainKing wrote:License transfers are supported by PreSonus - I did it.
True...

However, it seems to become NFR after a license transfer. I purchased Studio One Pro secondhand, and my license shows it as NFR...I have not had a chance to confirm this with Presonus yet, but something to watch out for...
Terry @ Meathook Audio

elxicano wrote:Just to give an idea....

The last support ticket I sent in was April 19th, regarding license transfers. I received a response from Timothy Watkins saying "I will check on that for you and let you know."

But I never received a response. :shrug:

All I want to do is to give the thing away. I'm glad some of you have had a good experience, but that has not been my experience.
Had the same thing one time. My support ticket was answered with "We will check it" and then the ticket was just closed after some weeks and the system was telling me that the problem is solved. But there was no answer or reaction at all ...

But overall the support of Presonus is ok. This was my only support ticket without a reaction or solution.

k3ith wrote:A) The subject of this thread is innapropriate.

k3ith
A) wwhy?
B) so? Banana Tango Hatstand.
C) You means costs more, but still delivery isn't guaranteed? Or do you have details to share which we can compare.

Dude, this thread started because I have major issues with Studio One and with the support. The thread has evolved and my issues have, eventually, been dealt with.

However, it seems I am not alone in my experience and finding that out is most of the reason for starting this (or any for that matter) thread. Also, Presonus have been checking it and hopefully they will see that the "rare" support issue that slips through is more prevalent than they think.

So, if the thread helps the users and informs, and improves, Presonus support, what other sense does it need to make?

Chew my Sunrise,
Nigel.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

It's official... Presonus support DOES INDEED SUCK.

Let's clarify too... Their "OFFICIAL" support sucks.

I just gave away my copy of Studio One Artist, with a very quick and easy transfer, after contacting a Jonathan Hill at Presonus that posted his email address in the Presonus forum regarding transfers.

The thing is, just before contacting Jonathan Hill, I placed a new ticket asking if I could transfer my license to a new user.

Jonathan Hill responded immediately and transferred the license quickly. (woohoo!) :phew:

The next day (and after my license was transferred), I get my response from their official support with the following message:
Dominic Bazile, Jul-26 13:45 (CDT):
As long as it's not registered, you can do what you want with it.

Best
:nutter:

Is it just me, or does this not imply that you can't transfer a license to a new user? My previous tickets resulted in being told "No. It's not allowed." but clearly transfers ARE allowed since I just successfully did one. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm done with Presonus. I'm sure they make good products, but clearly there's a major disconnect with knowledge amongst their support staff.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”