The theme for this month's Zebra patch contest is "Pure FM Synthesis".
The rules are (I hope) fairly simple: design a maximum of two patches using only the FMO and Mixer modules in Zebra's Synthesis Main Grid.
In keeping with the pure FM theme the use of VCFs 5 or 6 in the lower pane Effects Grid is disallowed.
The use of all modulators (the modules that appear in the pane to the right of the main grid - Envelopes, LFO's, ModMappers, ModMixers - plus the MSEG's) is allowed.
Beyond the specific "Pure FM" stipulation there are no restrictions placed upon the type of patches that may be submitted - all genres (pads, leads, fx, etc.) are admissible.
As ever the prize for this contest is pretty damn good - a free choice of one software product from the u-he range!
How to enter
- Simply create one or two FM patches using Zebra.
- Send them (.h2p format) to bmrzycki, either by PM through this forum, or by email to: brzycki [at] gmail [dot] com (PMing bmrzycki is probably the more reliable method - emails have been known to get lost in transit).
- Use only FMO and Mix modules in the Synthesis Grid.
- Do not use VCF5/6 in the Effects Grid
- A maximum of two patches per person.
- Patches should be anonymized (putting a "?" in the "author" field when saving does the trick).
- The winning patch will be decided by a vote (and everyone who submits a patch is expected to vote!).
- Try to ensure that your patch does not exhibit significant - ideally no - audio clipping.
- Please DO NOT! send any patches to me (hakey). KVR member bmrzycki collects the patches for the contest (see under "How to enter").
- Please DO! carefully read through the instructions under "How to enter" and "Rulez and other important stuff".
- The deadline for submissions is 14:00 UTC August 1st
The theme for these contests are decided upon by something approaching a democratic/consensual process, so if anyone has ideas for future contests, themes, or just general suggestions, please speak your brains in the "August Patch Contest: Suggestions" thread which will appear within the next week or so.