Native Instruments giving away 3 vouchers for Kore Packs to registered Kore 2 users

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:
TommyBear wrote:Does anyone know anything about Essential Bass? Is it any good especially concerning electric bass?

I was thinking about getting True Strike, Essential Bass and then maybe North India or Paranormal Spectrums or Pop Drums, I can't really decide :)
As noted above, the Essential Bass contains some great electric basses...slapped and fingered by Scarbee and picked by Pettinhouse (or perhaps it's fingered by Scarbee and picked by Pettinhouse....it's one of those two).

At any rate, the Scarbee basses are fantastic. You get ALL of the articulations, but you have fewer overall samples (less round robin and such..but still they're big). So, you get great bass sounds that load faster than the big full Scarbee basses.

If you have the full Kontakt and you open the Scarbee basses in Kore, you can click on the actual bass (in the exteneded view) and open them in Kontakt. There, you'll find the full Kontakt gui with a drop down box for effects, articulations, etc. I suspect a quick save there will allow you to open that outsdie of Kore. Most of the other Kore engines used in these patches are Guitar Rig effects, so you don't lose much there.

The Pettinhouse bass is also quite nice, though not as full featured. There's also a much bigger Upright bass, and it's not too bad.

And there are about 160 synth bass patches. Most of these have a subbass mapped to the Kore knobs, which is a nice touch.

Personally, I think the Essential Bass is one of the best ones out there.

Thanks for the input guys, that's helpful. I have Komplete 5 as for Kontakt so it quite lacked basses for me and that's why I was thinking about the Essential Bass. Well, that's still to consider, I'm only decided to get True Strike Tension for sure. From the other point of view, I could one day extend the bass by buying Trilian or Komplete 8 update :D. And probably that wouldn't be the case with some other Kore 2 extensions.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Oceanviewstudio wrote:Hmmm.... may be someone can help me here, I am on a Mac, and I got three packs, SonicFiction, NorthernIndia, and Acoustic Refractions, the latter was no problem to install on my external eSATA drive, the former two however, disallow this installation and want to install the whole shebang on my system OSX drive, which I rather not do.

Is there anything that I can do to install them on external drive instead? - Thanks!
Symbolic links are what you need, although you will probably need to install at least one library to the hard drive and then move it to the other drive, replacing the folder on the main drive with the symbolic link. Doing this in the Finder is not entirely straightforward but it works better (usually) than an alias. There is also the small issue of working out where NI sticks the samples. But I've done this for a number of samplers that don't natively support external drives for the factory library (such as Alchemy). You also need to be sure the drive is plugged in before firing up Kore or it will collapse in a heap.
Thanks for that!
Best wishes
OVS

Alfalfa wrote:Very cool, NI. Thanks!

It mentions upcoming versions of the Komplete bundle, so there's some confirmation that there will be a future Komplete bundle. Nice to get some info like that.

Any comments on the Pop Drums or Massive Expansion Vol. 1 or Vol. 2?

They can be used in non-Kore synths. But, I'm tempted to get some of the more esoteric stuff like True Strike, North India, or Deep Freq. Any opinions from users of any of the available packs would be greatly appreciated.
Sonic fiction is great. You can listen to the presets here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTvCCqNIM8M
(funny guy by the way)

TommyBear wrote:Does anyone know anything about Essential Bass? Is it any good especially concerning electric bass?

I was thinking about getting True Strike, Essential Bass and then maybe North India or Paranormal Spectrums or Pop Drums, I can't really decide :)
There are electric basses, but really only two of them, Pettinhouse and Scarbee Red. Each comes with variations, but from the same two electric basses. It's a good soundpack, there's also plenty of synth basses, a few uprights, etc. But if you're expecting Essential Bass to cover your electric bass needs, you may be disappointed.

I can recommend True Strike wholeheartedly if you want cinematic drums.

antoyne wrote:(funny guy by the way)
Torley is the king! He turns up here once in a while too. :)

jensa wrote:
antoyne wrote:(funny guy by the way)
Torley is the king! He turns up here once in a while too. :)
Yes. Torley is a god.

so where on earth is the link to the discounted kore packs- can't seem to find it at NI.
And Torley, well, he met me in a dream once and demo'd all my wildest thoughts and desires- very disturbing- same headphones.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

JavaJ wrote:so where on earth is the link to the discounted kore packs- can't seem to find it at NI.
And Torley, well, he met me in a dream once and demo'd all my wildest thoughts and desires- very disturbing- same headphones.
Just follow the link in your email - I don't think they're accessible the normal way in the shop.

JasonSpatola wrote: I don't think they're accessible the normal way in the shop.
They show up if you use the "search" function.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Oceanviewstudio wrote:Hmmm.... may be someone can help me here, I am on a Mac, and I got three packs, SonicFiction, NorthernIndia, and Acoustic Refractions, the latter was no problem to install on my external eSATA drive, the former two however, disallow this installation and want to install the whole shebang on my system OSX drive, which I rather not do.

Is there anything that I can do to install them on external drive instead? - Thanks!
I just move the samples. Then you set Kore to use that path for samples.

jancivil wrote:

I just move the samples. Then you set Kore to use that path for samples.
Hi,

it is even easier, I just did a standard installation of the Norther India pack, and the installer makes a Northern India folder in applications, with documentation now installed on my system drive, but the sample content goes automatically to the folder where my other stuff is, and that's on the external drive.
Best wishes
OVS

chj wrote:

There are electric basses, but really only two of them, Pettinhouse and Scarbee Red. Each comes with variations, but from the same two electric basses. It's a good soundpack, there's also plenty of synth basses, a few uprights, etc. But if you're expecting Essential Bass to cover your electric bass needs, you may be disappointed.
I agree totally with this assessment of Essential Bass. I don't have much use for synth basses, mainly because you can get these from any number of actual synths. The uprights and electrics in this collection are fine, but really, to me at least, nothing to get excited about. Perhaps because I already have Pettinhouse's own Direct Bass and at least one other full Scarbee Bass package, this Essential collection doesn't really cover any new 'must have' ground.

YMMV, of course.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
Perhaps because I already have Pettinhouse's own Direct Bass and at least one other full Scarbee Bass package...
This is the key. If you own those, then Essential Bass is certainly not essential.

If you don't own them, then you can save money on buying those full basses and get almost as good sound by buying Essential Bass. The synth basses are just a bonus.

It may not cover all your electric bass needs, but the pack (plus some savvy with Guitar Rig or Ampeg or your favorite amp sim) while take you a very long way....especially if you use your voucher to get it for free.

As noted, though, I'm a big fan of the pack and your mileage (and needs) may vary.

jsp1979 ... essential bass review +1 :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I'm planning to get North India and True Strike, but am up in the air for the third pick. I already have FM8 and don't know if Transient Attacks will add any new sounds, or if it is for Kore users that don't have FM8. Does anyone know if this will add new sounds for FM8? Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”