Zebra 2.5.1 is out!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stuck notes happen due to the spike-less preset browsing, and only when a note is lifted while the preset is changed.

Switch number of voices to few and back (or many and back) and the note is lifted.

Urs wrote:Stuck notes happen due to the spike-less preset browsing, and only when a note is lifted while the preset is changed.

Switch number of voices to few and back (or many and back) and the note is lifted.
Oh yea, now I remember you mentioned that before.
Okay understood.

losan wrote:Hi Urs,

I am currently running into a problem with the x64 version of Zebra (v. 2.5.1)
I played with the preset "HS Argoblitz", and get audio crackles,
also noticed ASIO spikes (inside Cubase - ASIO performance meter -
going into red), while holding more then one note.

I get this behavour both in Cubase 5.5.3 x64 and within SAVIhost x64
on Win Vista x64,
Soundcart RME Fireface 400, set to 256 samples.

Not a problem with the 32bit version of Zebra inside Cubase x86.

Let me know, if you need more informations.
Cheers
OK, further Update on this issue.
Been playing through all of the new HS presets - only
HS Argoblitz and HS Canned It gives me trouble.
(Thankfully it's not with every preset !).
Even playing only one note with HS Argoblitz it seems the strain
on the ASIO performance is higher in the x64 version as it is with
the x86 version of Zebra somehow.
Hm... any thoughts about it ?

Thanks and Cheers

Hi losan,

Both versions (x86 and x64) are compiled with identical compiler and settings. If anything affects performance then it's probably the higher demand of instruction memory for 64-bits. There might be just a spot crossed where you run out of instruction chache. I have no other clue atm.

;) Urs

Hi Urs,

OK, thanks for answering, though I don't excactly understand :wink:
Well, as long it is not making all presets unplayable I am OK with it for now -

Thanks

Lots of cool new sounds! Good job Urs & Howard!! Not sure if this is typical though: some of the patches get kind of goofed up if I use the Korg joystick (HS Pocket Mallet for example). I have to exit & re-enter the patch for it to get back to normal. I just completed a song recently (won't go public with it for several monthes due to copyright stuff), where I took patch HS Phase Machine (from 2.5 factory presets I think, but definitely not 2.5.1), made some tweaks to it and named it HS Phase MachineRCS (because my initials are RCS). Now I see the same patch name for 2.5.1! Coincidence?

Hm... "HS Phase MachineRCS" must be your edited version. Simply wasn't overwritten?

Howard,
I'm not sure what happened. I guess there is no 2.5.1 patch called HS Phase MachineRCS? It was in the same folder as all the new 2.5.1 sounds. Not a big deal....hopefully. All the other patch names in that folder seemed brand new to me.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I'm guessing that Urs' installer removes the original top-level patches (not lost because they are copies of some within the subdirectories). Any patches with names the installer doesn't know (e.g. your *RCS) don't get removed.

Nope, no preset gets erased by the installer, nor moved (unless migrating previous installs). Typically the new presets are just *added* on top of what's been there anyway.

;) Urs

Hi Urs,
In FL Studio, Zebra 2.5.1 is not responding to the mouse wheel if the "Don't allow keyboard focus" is ticked under visual settings, however the 2.5 version worked.

Tyrell and the new 1.2 Uhbik version share the same problem....but I remember 1.1 working fine and the 0.1 alpha version of Tyrell working fine as well.

PS
Running the x64 versions on Windows 7, FL Studio 10

I've gone from VST 2.3 to VST 2.4. That may be the cause. Otehrwise no code was changed, so I guess the host handles things differently with 2.4?

Could be. If it's that, than don't worry about it, it's not Zebra's fault, (other plugins share the problem as well). I thought that maybe it's something simple to modify in order to work the way it did.

I have posted this in the image-line forum couple of months ago when Tyrell 1.0 was out but they can't/won't fix the problem so I guess I'll just work around that... pretty annoying tho :hihi: (play/stop (the space bar) doesn't work if, in this case, Zebra is selected).

Loving the update Urs. Congrats to yourself, Howard and the rest of the U-he team. :hug:

After scoring some time off from work (fractured shoulder..) I'll finally have a chance to sit down with the new version. Messing with the new FX params will be sweet - hopefully I'll be able to dial in some seriously CZ'y tones with Zebra now :)

Cheers

Return to “u-he”