Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Crash when remove note in Percussion Generator.

Melodya v 1.3
Render Motive with variations

Fantastic important feature, yet it doesn't seem to work here with Lead-In (maybe because the Lead-In variation works on notes in the previous Section). I tried rendering the motives on both sections - the one with the lead-in engaged and the previous one, both ignored the lead-in options.

Melodya 1.3.0 VST3 64bit, running under Cubase 10.5 Windows 10 here.
I jumped in now, so I don't know if it was already like this in v 1.2 when the Render was introduced.

I installed 4.3.2 a few weeks ago. My motherboard died shortly after, and I have replaced it. I had to do some disk restores, including the existing 4.3.2 installation. A few days later I decided to reinstall 4.3.2, I don't remember if I was having problems or not. But the installation continually fails when it starts to write into the "My Documents" directory. The program and VSTs seem to install OK, and some files still exist for the ones that will not install, but I don't know if they are all there, and I can't complete the installation. Is there any way to install the software in some other disk location?

troby wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:40 pm I installed 4.3.2 a few weeks ago. My motherboard died shortly after, and I have replaced it. I had to do some disk restores, including the existing 4.3.2 installation. A few days later I decided to reinstall 4.3.2, I don't remember if I was having problems or not. But the installation continually fails when it starts to write into the "My Documents" directory. The program and VSTs seem to install OK, and some files still exist for the ones that will not install, but I don't know if they are all there, and I can't complete the installation. Is there any way to install the software in some other disk location?
what os are you using? Sounds like you need to give file write permissions to that folder.. maybe search on that first, then try again..

Attempting to change or delete "Notes to Use" in Generator tab of Phrase editor produces a hard crash for me. Here's a pic of RC frozen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for your reply. I had to disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows Security.

Sorry for the late reply.

You are right, "Lead-In Notes" changes notes in the previous section, that is why a 'Render Notes' will not render them.

"Lead-In Notes" is special because of this, in addition it changes the previous section after rendering it. This is so tricky that at the moment I am not able to offer a solution. Maybe a new "Render this and previous section" would work, but there would be the same issue with the previous section lead-in notes.

Thanks!
Attila

fcarosone wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:49 pm Melodya v 1.3
Render Motive with variations

Fantastic important feature, yet it doesn't seem to work here with Lead-In (maybe because the Lead-In variation works on notes in the previous Section). I tried rendering the motives on both sections - the one with the lead-in engaged and the previous one, both ignored the lead-in options.

Melodya 1.3.0 VST3 64bit, running under Cubase 10.5 Windows 10 here.
I jumped in now, so I don't know if it was already like this in v 1.2 when the Render was introduced.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

DLate wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:05 am Crash when remove note in Percussion Generator.
I am almost sure that this was fixed a few weeks ago.
Today v4.3.3 was uploaded, please try the new update.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Wabashprof,

I was not able to reproduce this with v4.3.3. Can you check if the latest update also freezes?
If so, will you send me the composition file?

Thanks!
Attila
Wabashprof wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:20 am Attempting to change or delete "Notes to Use" in Generator tab of Phrase editor produces a hard crash for me. Here's a pic of RC frozen:

troby wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:41 pm Thanks for your reply. I had to disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows Security.
Yes, the installer should be able to create the RapidComposerV4 folder in your Documents.
Alternatively, you can have a 'portable' installation by copying RapidComposerV4 into the program folder, so it does not have to be in Documents. You'll find more details about portable usage in the user guide.

Thanks,
Attila

Setting:
In standalone mode of RC, using VST Omnisphere as track instrument.
Clicking on Edit opens the VST to make fine-tuning (i.e. patches, filter, etc.).

Bug:
But when trying to make adjustments (like clicking on a patch or scrolling) in Omnisphere the Omnisphere window does not update. Strangely the clicking is received by Omnisphere, so patches can be switched, but the UI is not responding.

Temporary fix:
To get an updated Omnisphere window one has to click Edit in RC twice. A bit tedious.

Hint for bug fixing:
Other DAWs / Apps in my environment using VST Omnisphere do not create that issue, hence it seems caused by RC.

Question:
Any proper fix possible? I use Omnisphere a lot.

Environment:
Mac OS Monterey, Mac mini, M1, RC v4.3.3, Omnisphere 2.8

Setting:
RC loaded as VST 3 in instrument Cubase.

Bug:
When the RC containing track is deactivated in Cubase the whole DAW crashes and project/session is lost unless saved before.

Hint for bug fixing:
Other instruments loaded as VST to Cubase can be deactivated without crashing, hence it seems caused by RC.

Question:
Any proper fix possible?

Environment:
Mac OS Monterey, Mac mini, M1, RC v4.3.3, Cubase 11Pro
Last edited by Cliffscherer on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Using RapidComposer 4.3.3 demo

I am unable to use RC on an external monitor

Display settings do not appear to line up, and mouse clicks over certain areas of the screen activate buttons in other locations.

I have tested this on 2 different computers with 2 different external monitors.
Macbook pro running mac os Catalina, and another macbook pro running mac os High Sierra.

Setting:

Bug:
When the RC containing track is deleted in Cubase the whole DAW crashes and project/session is lost unless saved before.

Hint for bug fixing:
Tracks with other instruments loaded as VST in Cubase can be removed without crashing, hence it seems caused by RC.

Question:
Any proper fix possible?
This is problem which is prohibitive for RC use.

Environment:
Last edited by Cliffscherer on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Setting:

Bug:
In ca 10% of cases changing a mastertrack chord in ? chord helper, RC crashes my DAW and project/session is lost unless saved before. Hard to define a reproducible example, but there definetly a serious stability issue.

Hint for bug fixing:
My DAW is w/o RC very stable, hence it seems caused by RC.

Question:
Any proper fix possible?
This is problem which is prohibitive for RC use.

Environment:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”