Gallery (ElectroProg - Seismic Wandering)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't remember much about this one. I know that it was another track that didn't behave itself and had more idea where it was going than I did. This took about 20 hours to record in June 2009 and another 7 hours for the edit/remix/master (during which time I managed to cut more than 2 minutes from the running time).

EDIT:20221201 mp3 link removed

on Soundcloud at 320Kbps

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/gallery

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.1. Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4

NI Kore Player 2
TAL-Bassline
Crystal 2.5.0
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Phadiz
Adonis
CM Dominator
EnergyXT Delay
EnergyXT Chorus
EnergyXT Phaser
T-RackS 3 Equalizer

DR - 8

EDIT:20240229 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjrF3vJVag
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I think it's great you're not losing all this material. I resurrected many hours of (much less polished) material myself a while back. Nice melange of synth flavours here... from acid-like to prog to Gary Newman. Catchy as hell and nicely arranged to feed just enough familiarity against twists and turns to the ear. 8)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:I think it's great you're not losing all this material. I resurrected many hours of (much less polished) material myself a while back. Nice melange of synth flavours here... from acid-like to prog to Gary Newman. Catchy as hell and nicely arranged to feed just enough familiarity against twists and turns to the ear. 8)
This track was strange. Usually (although not always), when I finish a track, I am pretty pleased with what I have done (at least for a few days). With this track, I didn't really have any special feelings for it. I felt like I had lost control of the "musical process" and was only pleased because I was done with it.

I came back to it just over a week ago and took a very sharp surgical knife to the track, and removed over 2 minutes. I made a lot of small changes to various parts, and by the time I was finished was much happier with the state of things. I think leaving the song alone for 2 years allowed me to see it with different eyes.

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked it

great tune - i could have done with the extra couple of minutes :)

the different elements of the track flow together really nicely :tu:

neil.

The elements work well together...nice change in the middle too.

Cool track!

synths used?

Nice - parts of this brought John Foxx to mind, but somehow more...cheerful :)

Good, clear mix - and nice work with the drum track again.

macmurphy wrote:great tune - i could have done with the extra couple of minutes :)

the different elements of the track flow together really nicely :tu:

neil.
I thought the original went on for a little too long so I cut out 128 seconds. Then I decided that what I had left was not doing enough, so I added a new melody line at 4:15 to spice things up a bit.

I am currently editing the next track. Right now it is 9:33 and I am looking at removing part of it but am struggling to cut more than 48 seconds from this.

Glad that you liked this one.

mr.me wrote:The elements work well together...nice change in the middle too.

Cool track!

synths used?
Cast in order of appearance

NI Kore Player (Sky Kit) - I like the sound of this kit a lot
Tal Bassline
Tal Bassline
Crystal Softsynth
EnergyXT Drum Sampler - even better if you can get hold of the extra kits.
PhadiZ
Adonis V1.0
Dominator CM
Dominator CM
Dominator CM

These are all freebies.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you like it.

mikusan wrote:Nice - parts of this brought John Foxx to mind, but somehow more...cheerful :)

Good, clear mix - and nice work with the drum track again.
After this track I stopped using the NI Kore Sky Kit. There was a bug either in Kore Player/EnergyXT2.5/ASIO4all or some combination of these which caused "echo" type effects. About a year later I discovered that this artefact had gone away probably due to upgrades made along the way. I also changed to the Line6 ASIO driver. It is good that I have had the opportunity to remix these tracks as it is relatively easy to get a good sound out of this kit. Now that NI has dropped Kore support I probably won't be able to transfer the software to my next computer. Never mind. I bought Superior drummer 2.0 3 months ago but haven't yet had a chance to record anything with that yet. It uses a lot of memory and my current machine's BIOS is limited to 2 Gb RAM.

I'm just starting another TD-style remix from a couple of years ago. This one is more 80s than 70s. It should be ready in a week or so.

Glad you liked this and thanks for taking the time to listen/comment.

Cheers

I really like this.

That bass sound really hits my chest in a good way even on little bud earphones.

All the synth sounds are well chosen and skillfully left to do their own thing.

Excellently constructed track 8)

tehlord wrote:I really like this.

That bass sound really hits my chest in a good way even on little bud earphones.

All the synth sounds are well chosen and skillfully left to do their own thing.

Excellently constructed track 8)
Thanks for listening and thanks for the generous comments. Glad you like the track.

Nicely done. I enjoyed it. Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Nicely done. I enjoyed it. Thank you.
Thanks for listening. Glad you like it.

Return to “Music Cafe”