Cascade (ElectroProg - Seismic Downpour)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest remix, this took 12 hours to record in November 2009 and 7 hours to edit/remix/master in October 2011. Although I was quite happy with the original, I made quite a lot of changes to this, shortening the track by 30 seconds and performing some major reworking to the last 2.5 minutes. 3 kicks on here!

Edit 20150209: mp3 download link removed

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/cascade

Edit 20150209
Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4/EnergyXT2.7
Astralis_CM1_03
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
EnergyXT Synthesizer
NI Pro-53
2C Audio Breeze
EnergyXT Reverb
Nugen Audio Stereoizer
U-He Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 11

EDIT:20240321 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BbuMorHx0
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Masterful building and layering, and then breaking it down again. Lots of ear candy and catchy melodic hooks. Great listen!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Masterful building and layering, and then breaking it down again. Lots of ear candy and catchy melodic hooks. Great listen!
Thanks for listening and thanks for the compliments, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm off to bed. That remix wore me out! Although the track is basically the same as the pre-remix version, there are so many little differences that it almost feels like a new piece.

:tu: :tu:

a good track, that's much too upbeat for me on a sunday morning. :wink:

Man, this starts out as an almost retro synth thing then starts building into something else. Nice mood, I love the tone you chose for the itnro arp. The section that starts around 1:42 is full of lots of drama. Good clear layers and work all around. I felt like I went on a musical journey and loved it.

abstractcats wrote::tu: :tu:
Thanks for listening and commenting, Scott. Glad you like this.

astrochimp wrote:a good track, that's much too upbeat for me on a sunday morning. :wink:
Yeah. Probably better in the PM. :hihi:

nice melodic & rhythmic song.. mix is good.. I liked of arrangement and sounds

Clean mix. Filled out the spectrum nicely leaving space for all the elements. Nice composition and choice of timbre too. It sounds kind of 80s to me (just an objective statement), and I'm listening again. I especially like the wash pads at the end.

AetherCoyl wrote:Man, this starts out as an almost retro synth thing then starts building into something else. Nice mood, I love the tone you chose for the itnro arp. The section that starts around 1:42 is full of lots of drama. Good clear layers and work all around. I felt like I went on a musical journey and loved it.
I get the retro/evolution comments a lot. It's not something I'm consciously doing. I just make it up as I go along! That intro arp is an EnergXT factory preset iirc. The trick seems to be getting a combination of sounds that work well together. So, although the individual patches may be reminiscent of the '80s, the overall mix of sounds combined with melodies may not be.

That sequenced pad which pops up throughout the track is Astralis_CM_103 which was a cover-disk synth from Computer Music. That texture is perfect for driving the track along whilst the rhythm/melody undergo various shifts. It might not be in your face, but when it stops, you notice it.

Glad you enjoyed the journey, and thanks for commenting, Aethercoyl.

markkuja wrote:nice melodic & rhythmic song.. mix is good.. I liked of arrangement and sounds
Thanks for listening and commenting markkuja. Glad you liked it.

Genetic_Junk wrote:Clean mix. Filled out the spectrum nicely leaving space for all the elements. Nice composition and choice of timbre too. It sounds kind of 80s to me (just an objective statement), and I'm listening again. I especially like the wash pads at the end.
Thanks for listening ad commenting GJ. Glad you liked it. Those pads are from Pro-53. One of my "go-to" synths. The onboard presets for this synth are so good, it is easy to match them up with other sounds, although some patches require careful attention to the LF. The Astralis patch I used on here also had LF issues but I managed to make use this feature on the track.

Nicely done. I think I like the 1:13 - 2:40 (or so) bits best. Another enjoyable piece. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

sounded great here, great bassline and arps. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”