Indian Summer (ElectroProg - Seismic TranceFusion - Updated)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest remix, this took 13 hours to record in November 2009 and 7 hours to edit/remix/master in October 2011. The recent remix included lots of tweaks to the original tack, none of which were particularly dramatic, but together they have turned the track into a more weighty piece. It was good to get back to music today after a 2-week long avalanche of work.

Edit 20150201: mp3 download removed

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/indian-summer

EDIT:20111025 - added a little glitch to the percussion

Edit 20150201:2015 Remix/Remaster

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4/EnergyXT2.7
SynthMaster V2
Prodigious Synthesizer
CM SR-202
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Amb Electra Bass Rack CM
NI Pro-53
dblue_Glitch_v1_3
IK CSR Plate/Hall
2C Breeze
Nugen Audio Stereoizer
U-He Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 11

EDIT:20240323 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x72jhhxKxA
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nice! Lovely synth puzzle pieces that click really well together. I think the track development works well too. The only thing I thought I might do differently is the hats in the breakdown from about 3:10-4:10... the hats keep driving over a real slow down in the track and it felt a bit out of place to me... may depend on the venue for the track? Anyhow, quite enjoyed it, and welcome back!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Nice! Lovely synth puzzle pieces that click really well together. I think the track development works well too. The only thing I thought I might do differently is the hats in the breakdown from about 3:10-4:10... the hats keep driving over a real slow down in the track and it felt a bit out of place to me... may depend on the venue for the track? Anyhow, quite enjoyed it, and welcome back!
Thanks for listening and commenting Matt. Glad you enjoyed it.

Funny you should mention the hats. Right up until the last minute I was playing with those drum parts on that section. I tried all sorts of things in there, but felt that the track lost some of its impetus when I removed them. Believe it or not, I had Birdland (Weather Report) on rotation when I wrote this a couple of years ago and that hat rhythm was derived from that! Maybe I'll give this another listen later.

... of course, you realise that having heard that percussion intro I'm going to hate you for ever :cry: :P
This is another one of those tracks for the car stereo I think :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:... of course, you realise that having heard that percussion intro I'm going to hate you for ever :cry: :P
This is another one of those tracks for the car stereo I think :)
I got the tabla kit from kvr

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=896

This kit is for the SR-202 Drum Machine which I got from the cover disc of Computer Music magazine

A touch of reverb, some eq and Bob becomes a not-too-distant relative (or some such mullarkey). :)

Glad you liked it, folderol.

needs more cowbell!!! i gotta have more cowbell in the mix!
and and...and more supersaw! :lol:

nice one tim, and production was tight as usual.
liked the drums especially.
thanks for sharing and wb

-L

layzer wrote:needs more cowbell!!! i gotta have more cowbell in the mix!
and and...and more supersaw! :lol:

nice one tim, and production was tight as usual.
liked the drums especially.
thanks for sharing and wb

-L
Thanks for listening layzer. Glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed making it.

This is real nice tim , structured very well.. i think some kind of raag ( just the voice , no words .. like prodigy's "smack my b*tch up" where u have that very eastern sounding female "ahhhhh...") would work very well in this i think.. mix is super tight on this..love how warm the sounds are.. great work as usual !

about the hats that poly mentioned..maybe just do a slow filter sweep on them , the last 30 sec from 3:10 - 4:10 ? either ways this is groovy man ! 8)
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Very well done, enjoyed the percs aswell.

Some high pitched lyrics might fit in there...but it's very cool as is. :lol:

tatsama wrote:This is real nice tim , structured very well.. i think some kind of raag ( just the voice , no words .. like prodigy's "smack my b*tch up" where u have that very eastern sounding female "ahhhhh...") would work very well in this i think.. mix is super tight on this..love how warm the sounds are.. great work as usual !

about the hats that poly mentioned..maybe just do a slow filter sweep on them , the last 30 sec from 3:10 - 4:10 ? either ways this is groovy man ! 8)
Thanks for listening tatsama. Glad you enjoyed it. I don't know about the eastern sounding female bit. My wife is eastern but her singing might make you want to follow Prodigy's advice :lol:

I do have an idea for the hats from 3:40-4:10. I played around with all sorts of effects on there and wasn't really happy with any of them until...........

I'll probably put up a replacement on SoundCloud later. See what you think.

mr.me wrote:Very well done, enjoyed the percs aswell.

Some high pitched lyrics might fit in there...but it's very cool as is. :lol:
Thanks for listening mr.me. Got a percussive enhancement coming in the next hour or so. Last time I did high-pitched lyrics, I was in nappies :oops:

Glad you liked this.

More praise for the percussion here. I like the first few minutes best, but I enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

What a lovely mover :)

Been away for a few days meself - just now trying to catch up...

this is a real cracker - great percussion, great groove, lovely swirly pads and punchy sounds and a fine arrangement. Nice one :D

D.H. Miltz wrote:More praise for the percussion here. I like the first few minutes best, but I enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks.
Thanks for listening DHM. Glad you enjoyed it. At the time of the original recording, I think that this track was the one that had been the least effort and the most fun to record.

mikusan wrote:What a lovely mover :)

Been away for a few days meself - just now trying to catch up...

this is a real cracker - great percussion, great groove, lovely swirly pads and punchy sounds and a fine arrangement. Nice one :D
Are you talking about me, or the track? :hihi:

Glad you enjoyed this Mike. Thanks for listening. I answered your question on Soundcloud. You'll kick yourself.

Return to “Music Cafe”