One-Synth-Challenge 36: Synth Vote

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

:shock: I don't know why I wrote this? The Noise is just on the right of the sub...
I should sleep the night...
It's too because one my first keyboards was a Juno 6
Anyway this plug-in is a very good VA.

I will correct my test report.

Xavier

Any more votes? Still 2,25 days to go.

5 Autogun
4 Rez3
3 K700
2 Plex
1 Kairatune

5-TAL-U-No-62
4-Subduer
3-Kairatune
2-Rez 3
1-KX-Synth-X16

I'll refrain from voting, since I'll probably vote TAL 5 times, being the only Mac-compatible :-D

But whatever y'all pick, I'll attempt one more time to get my Windows partition working properly and give it a shot. I'm too indecisive for this anyway...

5 Plex - Because this synth is different and because it deserves exposure since it is free since a few months!

4 U-NO 62 - One of my favourite synths in hardware, and this thing comes very close!

3 Tunefish - Looks ok, sounds ok

2 Kairatune - Awesome sound

1 Autogun - The name is allready fantastic ;-)

5 pt to TAL U-NO 62

Really great emulator of the Roland Juno 60 :love:

NON_73 wrote:5 pt to TAL U-NO 62

Really great emulator of the Roland Juno 60 :love:
Hi, welcome.
What about the rest?

You have to put 5 synths in order, from 5 points to 1 point.
Waiting for your votes.

Have a good day :)

OK vote over and not surprisingly Kairatune was the most popular so that will be the synth for OSC 36:

1 Kairatune 40
2 Plex 35
3 Autogun 35
4 TAL-U-No-62 29
5 Rez 3 28
6 Tunefish v3 26
7 KX-Synth-X16 19
8 Hahaha CS33 17
9 K700 15
10 Subduer 11

Hi,

No surprises, Kairatune is a classic electro synthesizer but I hoped that Plex win.

35 for Plex, I understand. It's a good choice to have lot presets but with the possibility to tunning them.

35 for AutoGun, I don't understand. Too many FX to work seriously a mix.

and about the results of the Kx-synth-x16, I'm not surprised because the majority of users don't like the modularity.

Xavier

Unsurprising in that newer synths always seem to do well (and Kairatune being good), but surprising that Autogun did despite no editing or automation. I guess the general feel was for something other than analog emulations after Diva.

But I've noticed SE synths tend to suffer in these votes as there is often some issues with them for some hosts which could explain why yours didn't reach higher, and as I said before maybe a bit unlucky with the longer issues thread just before as well.

But it might still be put on the vote again sometime as it is sure sounds great. Any plans to do update the SE version for multicore support?

Hi,
V'ger wrote:Unsurprising in that newer synths always seem to do well (and Kairatune being good), but surprising that Autogun did despite no editing or automation. I guess the general feel was for something other than analog emulations after Diva.

But I've noticed SE synths tend to suffer in these votes as there is often some issues with them for some hosts which could explain why yours didn't reach higher, and as I said before maybe a bit unlucky with the longer issues thread just before as well.

But it might still be put on the vote again sometime as it is sure sounds great. Any plans to do update the SE version for multicore support?
Now, it's false and out of date because:
The multi-core problems were with some SE plug-ins made with the old version of SE (1.017).
So, since 2 years Jeff built a newer version 1.1 which is debugged on Win Seven 64 on a multi-core and with Cubase 64 bit.
Some SE bugs could be linked with external SEM modules that why I use only my SEM modules, I use a classic C++ code without any external library and I have 4 different configs to test my plug-ins on XP, Vista and Seven 64. I keep my old PC also to test them with the major Windows hosts: Reaper, Cubase, Orion, Live, FL, Vsthost, Samplitude, etc...
The Kx-Synth-X16 (Poly) has 1225 parameters, several thousand of 32 bits float internal connections, more 27 additional SEM modules and it works fine on all windows host.
I hope to update this year my old plug-ins with the last SE 1.1 engine to add the Midi Learn.

For an example if I had got much returns about the bugs I should found the Sonar bug quickly, the problem is the users not SE because even we wrote FAQ or Help files, they read nothing...

Xavier

When (or where) can we vote for the new synth? (OSC37)

solidtrax wrote:When (or where) can we vote for the new synth? (OSC37)
We are thinking what to do for the next month OSC yet.

If you see a new thread called "OSC XX: Synth Vote" between today and a couple of days there will be the option to choose for your faves.
If you don't see any thread in that time, there will be a mandatory one, which can be free or commercial (although it's early for a commercial one yet), and we will let you know the first day of the month.

Anyway V'ger always talks with moderators to put that thread as sticked, so you can see it in the upper part of Instruments forum. Don't worry, be patient.

Have a good day :)

Thank you Irion! We will keep an eye on the forum!!

Suggestion: Trancedrive

Yes, it has serious aliasing... but still, you can make some very interesting and impressive sounds with it!

http://www.yedey.com/2010/02/official-r ... ancedrive/

Return to “Instruments”