One-Synth-Challenge 36: Kairatune - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kairatune

Welcome here and cheers for the submission. :)

To all: There's a rules poll again, please vote.

Ok i've (kind of) finished a track with kairatune.

manvanmars - kaira electra

17 instances of kairatune used, 4 of those rendered for cpu reasons

host: renoise

fx:
Gvst Glow, Ghi
Classic compressor, Classic reverb, Classic delay
Roughrider
Easyq

Tls Maximizer and Classic compressor on the master.

Some strange feedback every 10-11 seconds, can't really figure out where its coming from because it is still there when i mute all tracks exept master channel....

Probably won't have time to fix this but if i do have some time next week i'm going to try to finish the first track i started with kairatune instead of this one, started out with a breakbeat tune but so far it's only 1 minute long and already drains all the cpu power i've got :)

edit: just spotted some small mistakes i could have avoided if i had payed more attention, and the melodies could do with some expanding/variations but i got really tired of hearing this... Also has quite high cpu use, mostly around 80 % with spikes going over the limit making it a pain in the ass to go back to.

btw some nice songs up already, but i suspect there will be some amazing tunes yet to come, like in last osc where some of the best track were added in the last week...

V'ger wrote: @InterSlotCall: Yes small differences is for sure fine, it's just to avoid people using completely different names so no one knows what song is made by whom etc..
Ok, thanks!
I did listen the new tunes, nice sounds. I see I'll need to improve mine a lot!
InterSlot Call
Amateur Electronic Music
http://interslotcall.webcindario.com/

Hi to all,
now back again: my second try in the challenge, hope you enjoy the track ;)

One question: me i'm looking back to the other tracks in challenge what FX will be used, but: is there a "whitelist" with allowed effects? I found nothing, so if some of my used FX are not allowed: please tell me. :help:

All sounds in this tracks are made frome scratch, with the exception of the bass: i use the "Sweeping Threat Bass" with another delay-timing.

Songname:
Rotation 2

Host:
FL Studio 10.0.2

Kairatune:
14 Instances

Insert FX:
Density MK II Compressor x 2
EasyQ x 1
IxoxDelay x 1
Lightweight Compressor x 2
PQ33 x 2
Stardust x 3
TAL Reverb II x 1

Master FX:
Loudmax x 1

Thx and greets to all
kraftraum
----
Take it or break it!
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

All your effects are in order, kraftraum.
Thanks for participate.

Not, at the moment there is not a "white" list.

Have a good day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:All your effects are in order, kraftraum.
Thanks for participate.

Not, at the moment there is not a "white" list.

Thx IrionDaRonin, so im right :wink:

kraftraum
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Heyas

I'm about to finish my track soon. I wonder if the Gater plugin (free) is ok. It's only to silent some notes without going back to the midi and rendering the wav again.

Also, not sure i'm abusing of the external EQ at some points like the bass, for example... Should try to use internal synth's EQ better...
InterSlot Call
Amateur Electronic Music

Hey there. All manipulation of sampled synth can only be done if the EXACT same result could be done using the synth directly which it seems to me moderate use of a gate wouldn't upset and as for EQ use, it can be quite heavy with the limit set at sound being unrecognizable as having been made with the synth.

V'ger wrote:Hey there. All manipulation of sampled synth can only be done if the EXACT same result could be done using the synth directly which it seems to me moderate use of a gate wouldn't upset and as for EQ use, it can be quite heavy with the limit set at sound being unrecognizable as having been made with the synth.
Then just in case i better go back to the Bass, modify the EQ on the plugin and render to wav again, deleting the external FX.

For gater, it would gate the same with the synth sampled or not. (btw.. it's not sampled, it's all the MIDI track rendered to wav, complete).

thx for the help!
InterSlot Call
Amateur Electronic Music

Heyas!

Finally finished my track.
I hope I didn't abuse of the Compressor at the Master chain...

Songname: I hate this synth

12 Kairatune instances, most of then freezed or renderd to save CPU, plus those free FX:

- Modern Equalizer
- Modern FlashVerb
- Modern Monster
- Modern Compressor
- Modern Limiter
- Classic EQ
- Gater

Host:

Ableton Live

The melody was made by Sybax (http://soundcloud.com/sybax) specially for this tune (in fact she told me about this challenge and spoiled me to contest!).
I adapted it a bit to the track needs...

IMPORTANT NOTE: In fact, the track name was set after my first attempts with the plugin :D It was quite frustrating cause the hight CPU usage (or probably better said, my low CPU power). Finally I managed to make something by rendering most of the track parts once they seemed ok to me.
So I no longer hate this plugin ;) I kept the name tho. If you think it's not
appropiate or nice, I'll change it, of course.

Thx for the compo, it was funny :)
InterSlot Call
Amateur Electronic Music

Hi all,

Here is my song for the Kairatune-OSC. I called it "Kaira is calling". Listen to it and you will know why :D

Unlike others here in the forum I had luckily no problems with the CPU. I run 22 instances of Kairatune together with all FX at about 70% CPU-load. No rendering necessary.

22 x Kairatune

FX:
DensitiyMKII
Classic Compressor
Loudmax
BootEQmkII
Electri-Q
EpicVerb
SPAN

System:
WinXP-32, i7-quadcore, Cubase 5 Essential

When I first listened to the patches I thought this synth is only for heavy modulated sounds and FX. But I could abuse it for "usual" synth sounds too. Monophonic was also a challange. Couldn't resist to make one polyphonic Solina like strings sound with three tracks.

Hope you can enjoy it,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

An interesting month and an interesting synth. 10 days ago I had completely given up on my first attempt, failing to find much inspiration with Kairatune, but after revisiting it and persevering with some patch creation I've grown to be more and more impressed

Likes - great sound, love the way the ADSR envelopes can be synced to work in beats rather than milliseconds etc - why don't more developers do this?

Dislikes - monophonic :( , CPU usage

Anyway here it is:

Doc Jon - Kaira's Nightmare

Host -
Cubase 6

12 instances of Kairatune, one preset patch (shaker), all the rest original

Effects -
Kjaerhus Classic EQ, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Master Limiter
MeldaProduction EQ, StereoEnhancer, Autopan
Voxengo Span

Soundcloud has been an absolute bugger with my track this month, bizarre bass distortion whatever filetype I uploaded. Have had to compromise with the best I can do - please download for better quality

Anyway, please enjoy, and most of all ..... don't have nightmares .....

Jon

WTF mates, i'm subscribed to this thread, but not receiving any e-mail :x
Also Soundcloud group is messed today... I can't see the comments properly.

Great tunes so far. Let's see if i can finish one of my three started tracks.

Have updated my track as the 'compromise' bass sound was, let's face it, a bit pathetic

Have gone back to the original bass patch, Soundcloud f***s it up good and proper but it's how the track was originally conceived so please download again if you've still got the old version

Jon

Composer - Song Name
Irion Da Ronin - A Child's Hope

Host
FL Studio 10.

Instances
25 instances of Kairatune

Free External Effects
MG Tempo Delay
Arc Dev ET301
Freeverb3 STRev
Kirnu

Mastering
EasyQ
Thomax Lundt Loudmax
Voxengo MSED
Ferric TDS

The song

Clic on image to download directly or go to SoundCloud OSC Group to play it before and leave some comments if you please.
  • Will there be a future?
    Is there still hope?
    Is this a mere excuse and me the child who really cries?
[Where will the children play...? Where will i be when the rest of bright lights turn off...?]

This is my first track for this month, if i have more time i will upload the non-usual-from-me one.
I hope you all like it.

Kairatune is a good synth, but more specialized for electro and electronica, nice for basslines, leads and some electronic SFX, although actually you can do anything from it.

As usually, any problem, let me know and feel free to comment and criticize my work, lol.
Have a good day, and good luck :)

Return to “Instruments”